I’m Going To Fashion On Ice 9-24-11 | Golden Skate

I’m Going To Fashion On Ice 9-24-11

PullingForSasha

Rinkside
Country
United-States
I can’t believe this. LOL So a couple weeks ago, I friended Alissa Czisny on Facebook. Previously she answered TWO of my emails, which makes her a wonderful person to me. I saw a post of hers on the news roll, which said she was leaving to hop a plane to F.O.I. So it’s only about 35 miles from where I’m at, so I looked it up. Thinking only nosebleed section seats were available, I saw that they still have FLOOR TICKETS, so I’m IN! With Alissa, and Sasha under one roof, life will be great. It is on Sat 9-24-11, so my question is: Is this the one that will be broadcast on N.B.C? If so, I’m going to wear a really LOUD shirt, so I can see myself on T.V. I’m thinking one with flashing L.E.D.’s. (Just kidding) I told Alissa, that she could win a fashion show in a Marine flack Jacket. LOL

Anyway, if anybody knows that it is the one that they televise, I won’t bring my camera. NBC can do that a lot better than I can. This will be the first skating show that I’ve seen since C.O.I. right before the Olympics. I’ll NEVER forget that one. Almost all of the skaters were Oly eligible.

Dave :)

How great!

Let us all know what happens. Camera or not, take your notebook. Alissa and Sasha in one show--how much better can it get?

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Also Johnny, Jeremy, Meryl & Charlie. I'm going too and beyond excited!

and yes, PullingforSasha, it will be televised in November.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Be sure to tell us all about it. Nothing like experiencing an ice show when the action is directly in front of you...

Re. Czisny: yes, same happened to me with the emails and the FB. In addition, I got to meet her briefly after an SOI show and she really couldn't have been any nicer.

PullingForSasha

Rinkside
Country
United-States
How great!

Let us all know what happens. Camera or not, take your notebook. Alissa and Sasha in one show--how much better can it get?
Not much better than that! LOL At C.O.I. though we had Sasha, Michelle, Jennifer, Irina, ALL my faves right before the '06 Olympics. I don't care though. It'll be GREAT to see the ones who are here at this one.

Also Johnny, Jeremy, Meryl & Charlie. I'm going too and beyond excited!

and yes, PullingforSasha, it will be televised in November.
Oh GREAT. Thanks for letting me know. Now I won't have to worry about making a another crappy looking YT video! LOL

Be sure to tell us all about it. Nothing like experiencing an ice show when the action is directly in front of you...

Re. Czisny: yes, same happened to me with the emails and the FB. In addition, I got to meet her briefly after an SOI show and she really couldn't have been any nicer.
Yes I LOVE that about her. She is two for two with my emails, and one was on Christmas Eve yet. It was a time when I REALLY needed a boost. Then I thought, that must be her only down time.

I'll be in my loud, Lime green shirt! LOL

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The show was great and will be televised on November 13, NBC.

Alissa looked lovely and skated to Moon River (is that her new SP?). She was perfect in both numbers, no falls.

Jeremy unfortunately popped his 3A in both of his numbers, had to do a re-do for TV. Under the pressure of a re-do, he performed 2 beautiful and perfect 3A's. He has a good sense of humor too.

Sasha looked lovely and fluid, but attempted no jumps except for her beautiful Russian splits. Her extension and Charlotte spiral, still beautiful.

Johnny was the unabashed star of the show who wowed the crowd with his personality and great skating. Solid landings -- obviously has found some time to practice in between his fashion shows and other activities.

It was a good-sized crowd and very enthusiastic. The Kerrs were good, as were Meryl & Charlie. Inventive lifts for both teams. Ryan Bradley, fun as ever, good triples and his trademark somersault. Sarah Hughes - no jumps, but otherwise good. Joannie Rochette - still keeping her Olympic skills, solid triples.

Everyone had fun -- Aretha Franklin belted out some really good ones, she looked healthy and happy too.

Good show - watch on November 13 and you will enjoy!

heyang

Record Breaker
I went to this show when it was in Trenton, NJ. Fortunately, I stayed for the re-takes and watched as Naomi Lang's boyfriend proposed to her on ice.

Are you kidding? Aretha Franklin was personally there? Wow!

I'm glad to hear that Alissa did such a good job. And Johnny. He's so talented; I'd hate for him to give up on his skating.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Did Naomi say yes? Darn!!!! ;) I do always worry that the producers will cut my favorite skaters from the actual TV show.... AC and her mother are very nice people to talk to....

PullingForSasha

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Thanks for asking Berrya. Yes it was AWESOME - LOVED IT. First time I saw live skating in ages. I'm going to look around and see what else might come my way. Alissa, Sasha, Sarah, and Joannie Rochette just GLISTENED on the ice. Even though it was just for seconds at a time it was THRILLING when any of the skaters would float by so close. Johnny, did get the loudest applause, and when he took to the ice the women who surrounded me went completely nuts, which is what I would have done for the ladies, if I was more outgoing and 20 years old. LOL I wanted to scream out I love you, but had visions of, “Security!”
I have to say that Tara was the announcer, standing next to a supermodel, and I couldn’t take my eyes off of Tara. Keeping in tune with the event, she looked absolutely, completely STUNNING.

I got up today, and saw that Alissa answered my FB post about it, but for some bizarre temp reason, I can’t answer her back on FB yet, but I will.

One other thing was, I always wondered how on the T.V. shows, the skaters always skate, “Perfectly” LOL Now I know that they have them come back out and do bits of it over and cut it in later. I found that amusing. LOL

Thanks for the rundown, Kitt. I was so thrilled to be there, I think it affected my memory of the events. I kept thinking of what Robin said to Sarah at the ‘02 games: “Take this in!” I DEFINITELY took it in. :)

(Edited to add: Facebook problem cleared up. that happens about twice a week.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the report!

How interesting that Tara has come back to the skating world. I'm really pleased to see that she's getting so involved.

herios

Medalist
Sorry, I opened this new thread, just observed there was one opened with another title, escaped me at a glance...

Please mods, move my message underneath the old one.