Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thrilled for Mirai! Congrats to the Medalists!

Anxiously awaiting the videos.

zamboni step

Final Flight
because Radionova knows and she has no pressure going to Olympics, she is ineligible

Interesting that Julia gets excuses for what was very lucky to get 117 that really deserved 105 but Sotnikova would be called "A failure that might as well retire." If she skated like that. :think:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
because Radionova knows and she has no pressure going to Olympics, she is ineligible

She just might be a stronger competitor in general... That was the highest-scoring element in the entire ladies' SP event there. I was expecting something similiar out of Lipnitskaia but instead she kept -0.5 - 0 GOE double-ing random jumps and just added doubles

wjww

Rinkside
Hrm...

I guess it also is possible that they wanted to make Lipnitskaia win so that Radionova would make it to the GPF, as well but... In that case, why would you give Kostner 68.58? Something like 66 should have given Lipnitskaia much more of a buffer ;S

Judges didn't expect such a bad performance from Julia. They thought it would be very easy for Julia to surpass Caro's score as she was so consistent. They put Caro's PCS at 68+, so if Julia skated clean it would be very reasonable to give her a 65+ PCS

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
This competition... Kanako with the highest TES! And out of the main contenders for the russian ladies olympic team, 'headcase' Adelina who usually 'bombs her LPs' was the last to skate a clean LP, in contrast to the usually strong LP skaters Tuktamysheva and Lipnitskaya. At least I can kinda laugh about that ;)

For all those who always complain about triples not getting enough credit though... Kostner hit 6 triples, and Julia 4 (actually, Julias first 3Lz was a flutz and should have been called, which by some posters logic makes it a 3-triple program).
Overall, I think Kostner should have beat Lipnitskaya here, but I'm honestly glad she didn't, because Radionova really deserved the GPF. So in 2 weeks we'll have the first preview at the russian nats!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Interesting that Julia gets excuses for what was very lucky to get 117 that really deserved 105 but Sotnikova would be called "A failure that might as well retire." If she skated like that. :think:

Sotnikova skated that much smarter. She made the program easier because she knew she didn't need a superb performance, she just wanted to secure her spot in the GPF. I feel like Lipnitskaia should have done something similiar as well because she really didn't need to go all-out to win here and could have avoided the inevitable controversy.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She just might be a stronger competitor in general... That was the highest-scoring element in the entire ladies' SP event there. I was expecting something similiar out of Lipnitskaia but instead she kept -0.5 - 0 GOE double-ing random jumps and just added doubles

In interview Elena wass taught when to miss a 3-3 to add another 3-3 in the second half
Julia, she is all or nothing either do triples or nothing because she uses her rotations

Shayuki

Record Breaker
In interview Elena wass taught when to miss a 3-3 to add another 3-3 in the second half
Julia, she is all or nothing either do triples or nothing because she uses her rotations

AFAIK every skater should always prepare to add combinations later on if they fall their combination jumps... It's also possible Lipnitskaia got confused when she missed both of her first combinations - It's possible she didn't prepare for that specific case properly.

zamboni step

Final Flight

You make it sound like Julia's way is a strength, Elena's method saves tons of points. Julia has consistency but Elena has a much better mindset for when she actually does make a mistake. Julia can't handle it when she makes a mistake.

Mirunna

Record Breaker

Is it hard to accept your favorite skater succumbed for once to pressure? It's absolutely normal what happened to her. She is the one to watch, Russia's best hope to medal in the ladies event, there are huge expectations now on her shoulders. Adelina had to live with them for two seasons in a row. It's way easier to skate when you are the underdog. Maybe Elena will face the same demons one day.
I feel for Julia the same I did for Adelina: too much pressure at such an young age. In time she'll learn how to deal with the pressure.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You make it sound like Julia's way is a strength, Elena's method saves tons of points. Julia has consistency but Elena has a much better mindset for when she actually does make a mistake. Julia can't handle it when she makes a mistake.

because Julia is usually consistent this is one of her bad skates and did not anticipate this to happen at all

elif

Medalist
AFAIK every skater should always prepare to add combinations later on if they fall their combination jumps... It's also possible Lipnitskaia got confused when she missed both of her first combinations - It's possible she didn't prepare for that specific case properly.

She did 2A+3T at the second half so that mistake is not very costly.

Kostner's last 3S called as a SEQ so she didn't get full value of that jump. She can't save that 3S If she makes mistake early, like today.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
because Julia is usually consistent this is one of her bad skates and did not anticipate this to happen at all

Even so... If you make the mistake early, it's supposed to result in a loss of about 5 points, not 20.

TryMeLater

On the Ice
She did 2A+3T at the second half so that mistake is not very costly.

Kostner's last 3S called as a SEQ so she didn't get full value of that jump. She can't save that 3S If she makes mistake early, like today.

All Kostner needed to do is to add a single toe on the end of that 3S.
I think she is more than capable of doing that (and she would have won...).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Is it hard to accept your favorite skater succumbed for once to pressure? It's absolutely normal what happened to her. She is the one to watch, Russia's best hope to medal in the ladies event, there are huge expectations now on her shoulders. Adelina had to live with them for two seasons in a row. It's way easier to skate when you are the underdog. Maybe Elena will face the same demons one day.
I feel for Julia the same I did for Adelina: too much pressure at such an young age. In time she'll learn how to deal with the pressure.

she was leading in the SP, Julia wont be that pressured in GPF where Mao will be ahead of her in the SP

elif

Medalist
All Kostner needed to do is to add a single toe on the end of that 3S.
I think she is more than capable of doing that (and she would have won...).

Of course. I said this because this jump is so close the ending of the program. Maybe she don't have enough time for combination.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS (By Starting Order)

Warm-Up Group 1

1. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN)
2. Haruka IMAI (JPN)
3. Nikol GOSVIANI (RUS)
4. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN)

Warm-Up Group 2

5. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS)
6. Mirai NAGASU (USA)
7. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA)
8. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) Free Skate
9. Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS) Free Skate

RESULT

Overall Result, Segment Result, Protocols

TryMeLater

On the Ice
Of course. I said this because this jump is so close the ending of the program.

I actually thought about it during the time she performed it (adding a 2T on the 3S).
Putting the single/double toe on the end of the 3S at the end might cause the PCS to go down...she might not be able to catch the timing of the music.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Why have like 3 different commentators said that Kostner is in GPF, I'm missing something?