108,000 Attend Yuzuru Hanyu's Victory Parade | Page 4 | Golden Skate

108,000 Attend Yuzuru Hanyu's Victory Parade

ktmsrkn

Rinkside
Do Knightshood exist in Japan? Or Samuraihood? Pls :biggrin:
No knighthood/samuraihood in Japan;).
OR they can just crown him Emperor :biggrin:
There goes my dream of him actually crowned Prince :drama: ; but maybe the Imperial family is so such big fans that they will made an exception for him...sure Japanese people won´t mind
Tradition/history forbid though...:p, glad to be able to read English, if not, I'd never imagine or read anything like that for my entire life. It's kind of refreshing:laugh:.

No knighthood/samuraihood in Japan;).

Tradition/history forbid though...:p, glad to be able to read English, if not, I'd never imagine or read anything like that for my entire life. It's kind of refreshing:laugh:.

Why? Is it inappropriate to talk like that in Japan? Just curious to know about the culture :thank:

ktmsrkn

Rinkside
Why? Is it inappropriate to talk like that in Japan? Just curious to know about the culture :thank:

No problem talking or writing about it in Japan. Maybe just my problem :laugh:, because I know nobody became an emperor as a common man in the history, so naturally I've never imagined it. If you got used to the idea, let's say, for 1,500 years, somehow it's hard to think other way.

No problem talking or writing about it in Japan. Maybe just my problem :laugh:, because I know nobody became an emperor as a common man in the history, so naturally I've never imagined it. If you got used to the idea, let's say, for 1,500 years, somehow it's hard to think other way.

Thanks for clarifications. Well, I'm not used to that mindset because in more than 2500 years of my country's history tens of dynasties have been replaced by each other. So, the founder of each dynasty was basically a common man. In one case, it was a 13 year old boy that united his tribe, concurred the whole country and established one of the most powerful and prosperous hierarchies in our history.

Danibellerika

Medalist
That's so amazing! What a great role model Yuzu is! It's really lovely he's able to use his success to help his hometown :biggrin:

:laugh2: Oh dear...nothing worse than a badly taken photo! Although at least these days you can see the photo straight away. In my young days you couldn't so there's a photo of me at Disneyland Paris near Chip and Dale (my favourite characters) where all you can see is my sneaker because some other girl stepped right in front of me!

WOW now that's a crowd!! The last time I saw something like that was when the Pope visited somewhere!

In Washington, DC about 8-10 years ago I had a view of Pennsylvania Avenue from my old office (close to the White House) and when the former Pope visited I got to see an overhead view of the crowds as he rode down the street in his pope mobile. The street from my view wasn't even this densely packed. :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Thanks for clarifications. Well, I'm not used to that mindset because in more than 2500 years of my country's history tens of dynasties have been replaced by each other. So, the founder of each dynasty was basically a common man. In one case, it was a 13 year old boy that united his tribe, concurred the whole country and established one of the most powerful and prosperous hierarchies in our history.

Interesting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_House_of_Japan
The Japanese monarchy is the oldest continuous hereditary monarchy in the world.[3] The imperial house recognizes 125 monarchs beginning with the legendary Emperor Jimmu (traditionally dated to 11 February 660 BC) and continuing up to the current emperor, Akihito; see its family tree.
-So one can say we are used to having them there. :p