2015 Four Continents TV and Webstream | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents TV and Webstream

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Brenda Irving kills me... "I think Joshua Farris will probably lead the Americans in South Korea." You think?

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I feel like NBC's commentary is very political, it is all about justify/propagate the status quo. whereas CBC has indeed lots of stuff about actual skating.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I'm just glad that NBC at least mentioned the Shibutanis, C/B, and W/P -- and showed mini-snippets.

Was this around the time of the Ladies warm-up? I was doing laundry around that time so missed a couple minutes.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Was this around the time of the Ladies warm-up? I was doing laundry around that time so missed a couple minutes.

Yes, NBC quickly touched on dance in btwn the men and the ladies.

The ultimate problem is that the NBC broadcast lasted only two hours.
I am sorry that it showed nothing of pairs and only a little bit of dance, but I do appreciate that it did show six of the men's free skates.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
seems like CBC also prefer Joshua than Denis, here

Not a surprise. While there are many strong elements for Denis, I really don't care for that program. The choreography is bad, the music literally hurts my ears (it's like a mess of instruments playing the most unpleasant tones possible), and then there's the overly dramatic ending. Ugh. CBC still criticizing Ten's program.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I don't think I've ever heard the CBC team that livid over a program this season. Maybe the closest would be Lipnitskaia at TEB?

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Not a surprise. While there are many strong elements for Denis, I really don't care for that program. The choreography is bad, the music literally hurts my ears (it's like a mess of instruments playing the most unpleasant tones possible), and then there's the overly dramatic ending. Ugh. CBC still criticizing Ten's program.
break time, regarding music (only music), it is from one of the most celebrated Cellist -- Yoyo Ma, it is an attempt and experimental to bring true oriental music. the assemble of instrument is definitely different from western orchestra, and the notes/tones also has different rules. but most fans who has some sorta oriental background love love this track/editing.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Although I do think that Pang/Tong got overscored, their LP has never failed to give me the shivers

ice coverage

Record Breaker
break time, regarding music (only music), it is from one of the most celebrated Cellist -- Yoyo Ma, it is an attempt and experimental to bring true oriental music. the assemble of instrument is definitely different from western orchestra, and the notes/tones also has different rules. but most fans who has some sorta oriental background love love this track/editing.

I love it :). And I hope that Yo-Yo Ma knows that Denis has been skating to it this season. Yo-Yo would be very pleased, I'm sure.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Did they show anything else outside of his FS program? I haven't watched the entire broadcast yet.

after commercial break, they showed K&C said nice things, other than that, I dont know any fluff, I am switch between NBC/CBC so I am not sure.

MIM

Medalist
I loved the music, too! I read the Silk Road Ensemble with Yo-Yo Ma has done a wonderful job since 2000. The ensemble uses the instruments from the Silk Road region. I found a pipa(a Chinese string) very enchanting when played with other instruments at the climax of Denis' footwork and spin.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Johnny & Tara just said that Polina has the most difficult technical program of all the ladies. Really? So a clean Polina would beat a clean Gracie?

since noone answered, yes BV wise she has hardest program with 7 triples including 2 Lutz and 2 flips (i think closest one might be Elena's, but she repeats loop instead of flip), but she get edge calls or ! almost evertime so idk how it benefits her

Last edited: