2015 JGP Cup of Austria Ladies FS Sep 11 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Cup of Austria Ladies FS Sep 11

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
At least Wakaba got credit for her awesome 3Lz-3Lo.

Mai keeps reminding me of Satoko. Her SS is solid 92nd her jumps are better than Satoko's. But for some reason, I get bored watching her (Something's missing) unlike Wakababy who excited me with her powerful skating. Does anyone feel the same?

I don't get the comparisons to Satoko, tbh. I do share the sentiment though that watching Mai is a little boring, although she has quite lovely qualities. There is just nothing about her that stands out for me, that's why I was so surprised she bet Masha in the SP. But she did deserve 2nd here and to go to the finals, no doubt.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Maria was simply fantastic; I cannot admire enough her choice of the music! Mihara was great too, such speed and quality!
Da Bin deserved to be in the final. It is so pity that some events turn out to be stronger than other. They should have send Da Bin to Colorado.

The disparity between events does make qualifying sometimes luck-of-the-draw. Sometimes I wish there was a way to give some weight to placements and some to scores, though I know that'd be next to impossible because of differences between judging panels.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Congrats, Maria, Mai and Dabin!
Dabin really impresses me. Being Yuna fan, I watched Korean nationals in 2013, and Dabin was there on the podium with Yuna and Soyoun. At that time, she was, sorry to say this but, painful to watch honestly. So wooden and expressionless. Absolutely no musicality whatsoever. I really didn't enjoy her skating and that's very rare for me. ;p
And now, she is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better!!! Now I actually enjoy watching her! *gasp* It will be interesting to see how far she can go presentation-wise. :) Good job, Dabin. Good job.

Buddy, I can feel ya:biggrin:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Wakaba is now in 5th, so she has to win to beat Le in a tiebreaker. It's not impossible to make it, but she'd have to win and there'd have to be a few other serious downfalls since others are more likely to beat her in point totals :(

It may help that something's going on with the Russian assignments - Sakhanovich being replaced in Poland, but apparently still says she has two assignments which means one of Fedichkina or Proklova may be getting pulled from Spain and I'd bet Proklova with all her injury issues.

As much as I feel bad for Waka, this might turn into something non-depressing if Vivian gets in because Wakaba didn't. But I wish she could've done better!

GAAAAAH, there are not enough spots in the final!!!!! :mad:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
ahhh wakaba watching medal ceremony reminded me of Yuzuru at NHK :cry:

FTnoona

Final Flight
Wonder why Wakaba chooses to place the 3 jump combo after the 3F when she is prone to getting edge calls on it. :think:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
As much as I feel bad for Waka, this might turn into something non-depressing if Vivian gets in because Wakaba didn't. But I wish she could've done better!

I miss the days of 8 spots.

witcher

Match Penalty
Provocative question: have we overhyped Wakaba before the season? :rolleye:

(I considered her the only real contender for World Championship against Russians)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maria has secured the 1st of 24 (6 per discipline) spots for the JGPF. Tomorrow we're bound to get more secured spots. At least one.

Leonardo

Final Flight
Wakaba's performance was a disaster, but she showed so much potential here. Very high jumps, good skating skills, better choreography than last year, and two incredibly high 3-3 including a gorgeous 3lz-3lo. If she can put everything together nobody is gonna stop her, except maybe Tsurskaya.

oleada

Record Breaker

Unlikely. If anyone will get in because Wakaba didn't, it will be Choi. Her total score is higher than Le's, I'm fairly certain.

My guess is that the final will be Maria, Polina, Mihara, Sakamoto, Shiraiwa, plus one other. Sakhanovich, maybe.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Unlikely. If anyone will get in because Wakaba didn't, it will be Choi. Her total score is higher than Le's, I'm fairly certain.

My guess is that the final will be Maria, Polina, Mihara, Sakamoto, Shiraiwa, plus one other. Sakhanovich, maybe.

Sakhanovich is probably more than a maybe, considering her record. Polina, Maria and Mai, yes. Didn't Kaori come in 6th at her first event? And we don't know how Yuna will do in a deeper field...it's opener than I originally thought.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Some very good skating today from the girls. I'm happy and congrats Mai, Maria and Choi.

So sorry for Wakaba, but it is not the end. Juniors is where skaters are developing, trying and failing and trying again. No doubt Wakaba will learn from this experience and come back stronger. Even if she does not make the final, she will have so much more time to train.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

Yep, Choi's is definitely higher than Le's by about 8 points, I believe.

Maria has secured the 1st of 24 (6 per discipline) spots for the JGPF. Tomorrow we're bound to get more secured spots. At least one.

Pairs is going to secure a good amount of spots tomorrow!

Layback11

Record Breaker
Yep, Choi's is definitely higher than Le's by about 8 points, I believe.

Pairs is going to secure a good amount of spots tomorrow!

On Vivian: too bad!

On pairs: definitely...hoping Chelsea and Brian will medal and make it again. They've got the potential, but I'm not sure, since I've heard she was injured...oh well, at least we've got two shoo-in dance teams, a pretty much guaranteed man and two more with potential to make it (aka a medal), a possible pair, and one sorta-not-but-maybe girl...so they won't be our only ones even if they get in.

Leonardo

Final Flight
Some very good skating today from the girls. I'm happy and congrats Mai, Maria and Choi.

So sorry for Wakaba, but it is not the end. Juniors is where skaters are developing, trying and failing and trying again. No doubt Wakaba will learn from this experience and come back stronger. Even if she does not make the final, she will have so much more time to train.

Exactly. It's going to be very sad not to see her in the JGPF, but she has one more event in the JGP, then JPN Nats, and finally Junior Worlds. Sakamoto didn't go to the JGPF last year but went to worlds and had a very good performance. I can't wait to see her incredibly high jumps again. Her 3-3s today were OUTSTANDING. Gorgeous technique.