2015 JGP Riga Cup Ladies SP Aug 27 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Riga Cup Ladies SP Aug 27

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Thank you so much for the reports Catchie!
Looks like this competition will not be less fierce than Bratislava. Sotskova, Sakamoto and Nikitina sounds in good form. Then there is Aoki, Fedichkina and Glenn. What about the Koreans?
I'm rooting for Maria who is my favorite junior skater for three years. Remembering how I fell in love with her skating while she was still a novice, skating to a tango piece at some Russian internal competition. She did and still does remind me of Kostner.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Thank you catchie! Having an insider's view from GSers like yourself is a real treat :dance:

catchie

On the Ice
Looks like this competition will not be less fierce than Bratislava. Sotskova, Sakamoto and Nikitina sounds in good form. Then there is Aoki, Fedichkina and Glenn. What about the Koreans?
I'm rooting for Maria who is my favorite junior skater for three years. Remembering how I fell in love with her skating while she was still a novice, skating to a tango piece at some Russian internal competition. She did and still does remind me of Kostner.

I missed the warmup group with the Koreans :(

catchie

On the Ice
Thank you catchie! I'll try to catch ladies, but I'm probably going to be in school... :slink:

Catchie thank you so much!!!

Thank you catchie! Having an insider's view from GSers like yourself is a real treat :dance:

thanks a lot for ur reports!:cheer2:

It is my pleasure! I'm having a great time! :)

Roman09

Final Flight
Can somebody try to predict the winner? It seems to me this event hasn't any unambiguous leader? Or it has?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Can somebody try to predict the winner? It seems to me this event hasn't any unambiguous leader? Or it has?

Anything can happen here so I don't think there's a clear winner.
Still, I will say that Masha is the main frontrunner here but Kaori is a bit of a question mark. She's getting more better though.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
TECH TEAM
Ref Ristanen FIN
TC Archer GBR
TS Kustarova SVK
ATS Salur TUR

JUDGES CHN KOR USA FIN SVK CZE EST LAT UKR

Layback11

Record Breaker
Well, they say shaky practices get it out of your system...so hopefully Amber's got it out now and will slay!

Hopefully!

Also, go Masha! :cheer:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Okay, I'm not waking up at three AM, so go everyone and please don't be a splatfest. :cheer:

Yes, please don't!

Go Amber and Masha! I'll try to watch some ladies programs during the ice cut of the pairs event, but I don't know...

All I know is, I have to be ready for school at 7:45, and pairs starts at 6. It's a smaller field than ladies, but I still don't know if I'll be able to watch it all...

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's 12:20 am EST Daylight Saving Time now and I'm heading off to bed. Cool to wake up to results coming....in a way. Time for sleepy time and wake up with surprises.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
An hour and a half to go now :)

On a mildly unrelated note, somehow a regular Coke ended up in our fridge earlier (I think someone may have been given it on a whim & brought it back home). I didn't intend to drink it at first, then decided to. My heart felt like I was on a rollercoaster. I've always drank coffee to stay up for these early-morning fs competitions, meanwhile 1 regular Coke has the power of over 4 cups of coffee :p

Kuan

Final Flight
Hm. The stream for the ladies SP is still not available on the youtube channel :confused: Just for men sp and pairs

Last edited: