2015 Skate America Ice Dance FD Oct 24 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America Ice Dance FD Oct 24

Kittosuni

Medalist
You can tell the influence of D/W in Vikita's program. I think Marina just found her new superstar team. Bye2 shibutanis

caitie

Medalist
It's weird, the tech panel seems like it was a lot harsher last night than tonight. Chock and Bates got Level 4 twizzles and .70 positive GOE for that, even though she actually got so close she touched him. And overall the levels seem generous.

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I did not say they would beat them.

"Anyway if not for 2 deductions, S/K could have caught them."

Um, could have caught them = could have beat them.

Could have caught up to them = could have gotten closer to them, which is what I think what you meant (although say what you mean, and mean what you say ;) ).

slider11

Medalist
Interesting last group in the ice dance FD. Kaitlin and Jean -Luc showed such beauty and maturity in their performance. I love the sophistication and purpose in their movements. Piper and Paul also did well. I like the kinky, modern music but would really like Piper to find another costume. Maybe both in a simple black. The weird patterns on her legs are distracting. I also am not in love with the "piggy back" lift at the end. But overalll, a very interesting team! Viktoria and Nikita really came out "guns blazing". Their speed and confidence were excellent. They can cool back a little with that OOT drippy eyes to each other. But overall so much better than last year. Madison and Evan. Well, they won. Frankly I just don't have the same feel for this team as National Champions. But I suppose it was sufficient to win tonight. I still feel like there are other teams that will challenge them for the top spot. Time will tell.

chameleon

On the Ice
This competition was very interesting. We'll see how the other Russians score over the next couple weeks, but S/K definitely made a good case to be on the Euros team, at the very least. I'm not a fan of their FD music, but they skated very well and have made several improvements over the past few months. They've clearly really been at work these past ten months.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Loved the colour of Viktoria's dress but I agree with whoever said it looked like Prom Night 101.

Madison's dress however is way nicer than what she wore at Nebelhorn, and lovely in general.

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA 173.22 1 1 video
2 Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS 162.21 2 2
3 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER CAN 157.58 3 3 video
4 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA 150.69 4 4 video
5 Anastasia CANNUSCIO / Colin MCMANUS USA 143.67 6 5 video
6 Anna YANOVSKAYA / Sergey MOZGOV RUS 140.92 5 6 video
7 Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN UKR 135.60 7 7 video
8 Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU CHN 129.59 8 8 video