2015 Summer Fan Fest Fete! Updates! | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2015 Summer Fan Fest Fete! Updates!

Layback11

Record Breaker
I know I haven't done much by way of updating the OPs of my threads, but I have been adding videos from summer comps as they come in (mostly dance) or submitting them to be added to threads I didn't start. I am trying to continue to do so as more take place. Hope it helps!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I did not see a thread for Hill/Orford, so I finally took the plunge and started one. Not even for a (solo) male skater! :laugh2:

But they deserve a thread. If one has been started already, please merge, and if they have performed elsewhere, please add.

Go Nicole and Asher!:cheer2:

ETA: By protocol I should have said Orford/Hill. My bias to men's skating is showing:p

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just wanted to let you know that, on top of the six skaters that I had previously adopted, I have now adopted SEVEN more!!! :shocked:

No, I haven't gone completely mad! Rather, I have adopted an entire team!

Here is my Fan Fest for Team Cyprus:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?56054-Team-Cyprus

I hope you like my first attempt at a Team Fan Fest.

Please be warned, there are a few details that I have still to get finalised. The mother of one of the skaters has been helping me with some of the finer details, but she is currently in Romania with her daughter at a training camp.

So, since I wanted to get the Fan Fest up before Polina Ustinova and Nikita Vitryanyuk compete in the Riga Cup later this week, I have gone ahead and posted the draft of the thread.

All the best to Polina and Nikita!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
just wanted to let you know that i updates Haruka's OP!
its a bit rushed but i wanted to at least post basic info before her birthday is over! :hb:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Your output is *always* prodigious, Doris!:cheer2:

I just wanted to post here, in case anyone missed it, that we have a general "Team 7k" fan thread for news about 7k (aka Team KoRo) in general, or for skaters whose own fan threads might not be active (or existing). The OP is limited to coaches' instagrams and two vids, since I was too lazy to do much else:slink:

And maybe this will inspire other coaching team threads (Team Mishin, anyone?) not limited to one nationality (Team 7k has had skaters representing Japan and France) or one star skater (you know who for 7k).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
You may have noticed that quite a few of GS Fan fests are getting near top billing in Google searches on skaters' names. However some of the first sentences, which is what Google shows as a teaser along with the link, are not accurate any more. Paula has been adding short bio bits to the very top of Fan Fests to make the Google listings more accurate and professional.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
You may have noticed that quite a few of GS Fan fests are getting near top billing in Google searches on skaters' names. However some of the first sentences, which is what Google shows as a teaser along with the link, are not accurate any more. Paula has been adding short bio bits to the very top of Fan Fests to make the Google listings more accurate and professional.

Thx to you and Paula for all your efforts, including SEO.

FYI, when I do a Google search, the teaser contains the original OP content from when the thread was started -- not the updated content.

For instance, I just did a Google search for Joshua Farris (whose OP has been updated) to illustrate what I said above.

The Joshua Farris teaser (from my Google search results using IE):
Because you can't have one without the other! I'll start with my five favourite Joshua performances: 1. 2012 Lake Placid Junior Grand Prix ... (which is from karne's original OP when she started the thread).​

But when I look at the thread itself, I see the updated OP:
Let's discuss U.S. figure skater Joshua Farris! Farris was born in Renton, Washington, on Jan 6, 1995.

Not complaining. Just thought you'd want to know what is showing up, at least for me.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
The change was made last night, so Google is probably displaying an 'old' cached version of the page.

Will just need to wait for Google to crawl the pages again and update the index.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The change was made last night, so Google is probably displaying an 'old' cached version of the page.

Will just need to wait for Google to crawl the pages again and update the index.

Thx, sabinfire :). So I am left to conclude that re-crawling can take waaaaaay longer than I ever had previously imagined.

For instance, re the 2015 Skate Canada Autumn Classic thread (which I started):
http://goldenskate.com/forum/showth...Canada-Autumn-Classic-International-Oct-12-15

What the teaser on Google results says as of today:
Skate Canada Autumn Classic International 13 - 15 Oct 2015 Barrie, ON, Canada ISU event page (the comp is not part of the Challenger series ...

What the OP says:

Skate Canada Autumn Classic International
13 - 15 Oct 2015 [plus official practice on Mon Oct 12]
Barrie, ON, Canada

ISU event page (the comp is not part of the Challenger series this year):
...​

The addition of "[plus official practice on Mon Oct 12]" dates back to July 16. It was a revision to the OP that I made on the same day that I started the thread. (I went back and checked the edit history of the OP.)

Again, not complaining about anything. Just "thinking out loud" (so to speak ;)), as my eyes are opened to things I did not realize.