2016-2017 Ladies Power Rankings | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016-2017 Ladies Power Rankings

TGee

Record Breaker
Uhm, samkrut and Osmond4gold, you are two of my favourites....hard to drop in and see you setting each other off...

But like wow, Russian vs. Cape Breton Island passions running high...

[Canada beyond being multicultural, has a number of distinct subcultures....other regions know there is a whole world of strong feelings on Cape Breton Island......a small place, with a great output of passionate music, literature and art....the world may recall son of the Island Ashley MacIssac dropping from the roof as he fiddled in the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics....]

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Polina Tsurskaya in this entire thread... has she fallen off the face of the earth in place of Alina? :confused2:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Polina Tsurskaya in this entire thread... has she fallen off the face of the earth in place of Alina? :confused2:

I feel the same way about Gracie. I sure hope she can get her groove back next season. She's a National Champion, 4 time World Team Member, and an Olympian who didn't make a single list. I hope she can get herself together and come back strong next year.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

she has at junior worlds...

but to me it didn't matter since it was for m the first time i was watching junior worlds... so i am taking them for what they did there

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Uhm, samkrut and Osmond4gold, you are two of my favourites....hard to drop in and see you setting each other off...

But like wow, Russian vs. Cape Breton Island passions running high...

[Canada beyond being multicultural, has a number of distinct subcultures....other regions know there is a whole world of strong feelings on Cape Breton Island......a small place, with a great output of passionate music, literature and art....the world may recall son of the Island Ashley MacIssac dropping from the roof as he fiddled in the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics....]

TGee you know my RESPECT for you is unquestionable, and also my admiration for the skating community is evident. When someone is disrespecting an athlete, accusing them of being a cheat (and falsely at that, as per the technical panel) I could not and will not remain silent.

My CB roots will show that I will stand up for any person, when an injustice towards another's reputation and career, has occurred!

What poisons me is this constant inference from Samkrut, that Osmond does not deserve credit for her jumps or her marks...he continues to bash as he has all season (since Skate Canada, btw) and given it's been 6 months of this s*@t, I, for one am tired! If he has any evidence of his claims, esp. after Worlds, please produce it! He and his friends I know, are nursing wounds from Worlds given Russian 2/3 results, but give credit when it is deserved and owed at this point. This to me is equivalent to saying, all the Russian baby skaters are on drugs to keep them thin. We know this is a falsehood, but why do the same defenders, repeat other untruths as facts stating, "it's their right", knowing these statements re Osmond are false. (The Tech panel do not agree with you btw...proof please?).

As Skinnyboy80 pointed out to him during Skate Canada...

"I dont think there's more americans and canadians hating Evgenia than russians Osmond. Russians think that when their skaters get high scores, they are always deserved, but when some skater from other country get high one either , they think it is mostly overscored. Scores of their skater are always justified, they cannot see any mistakes in their athletes. Others are always overscored by judges and "home cooked" ."

Gees..."flutz", "home cooking", any wonder why chuckm and Samkrut, have a bro-mance going on?

Last edited:

tikse

Rinkside
Yes, you were a victim of criticism, for attaching a skater that you have no proof or evidence, (the Tech. panel determine legitimacy of jumps, and not you or anyone else) but still you feel the need to pass along a false narrative because "it's your right", hoping if said enough times, people may believe it true.

There is only one victim here IMO..., Kaetlyn Osmond, because of your falsehood and not legitimizing her technical abilities, which if not the best, is one of the best in the business in ladies skating. And I am also done here too...please do not respond this time.

For me videos are the ultimate proof and evidence. While tech panel determines whether a flutz counts as lutz in a particular skating protocol it does not magically make a lutz out of an obvious flutz.
Please show me the falsehood in samkrut's posts. So far I did not see any.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
^^ tikse, I am not about to enter an argument with you, so, this is my one and only response. Don't you think a tech. panel would not be using cameras as replay, and likely several more than you or I would see on TV? They, not us, are the experts here.

tikse

Rinkside
^^ tikse, I am not about to enter an argument with you, so, this is my one and only response. Don't you think a tech. panel would not be using cameras as replay, and likely several more than you or I would see on TV? They, not us, are the experts here.

Tech panel obviously uses replays. But I'm most sure they can ignore video review results because of politics or whatever. To believe otherwise one should be a very naive person.

Last edited:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Of course you know all about the inner circle of the ISU Tech panels and what they will and will not ignore. 35 Posts and calling others naïve...please tik. :palmf:

Last edited:

tikse

Rinkside
Of course you know all about the inner circle of the ISU Tech panels and what they will and will not ignore. 35 Posts and calling others naïve...please. :palmf:
Ok, this post tells me enough about the level of discussion one can have with you. Especially bringing the post count into judging who's ok to call others naive or not. Let's see whether in future you'll ever call Osmond wuzrobbed. Tech panel knows better, isn't it? ;)