2016-2017 Programs by Discipline | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2016-2017 Programs by Discipline

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I'm guessing they're doing blues/swing. No hip hop. And Big Spender is the blues number. (At least I get two videos that pop up as soon as I type in "Big Spender" and "blues" on google).

Last edited:

katha

On the Ice
Those are the most boring and overused music choices imaginable. P/I have problems establishing any kind of identiy as a dance pair anyway, and then they choose something totally anonymous like that? I mean, perhaps I'm wrong and it will work for them, but shouldn't they strive to stand out in all aspects? Not doing hip hop is probably a good idea for them, but surely there's more interesting music to choose for a swing/blues combo. With an actual blues song, as well. ;)

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Those are the most boring and overused music choices imaginable. P/I have problems establishing any kind of identiy as a dance pair anyway, and then they choose something totally anonymous like that? I mean, perhaps I'm wrong and it will work for them, but shouldn't they strive to stand out in all aspects? Not doing hip hop is probably a good idea for them, but surely there's more interesting music to choose for a swing/blues combo. With an actual blues song, as well. ;)

:laugh2:

franco1991

Rinkside
I've seen Caro's Bolero she did for Legends on Ice. It is 3 min 10 sec long and her first jump was the flip. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I have the feeling she will choose Bolero as her short program for this coming season. What do you guys think?

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
I've seen Caro's Bolero she did for Legends on Ice. It is 3 min 10 sec long and her first jump was the flip. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I have the feeling she will choose Bolero as her short program for this coming season. What do you guys think?
I thought it too, and that would be amazing for me.
But I don't think it will happen, cause the order and position of the jumps could be a problem for the choreography (I am convinced enough that she will not do 3 Lz, 2 A and 3F-3T) and above all it would be the third year she represents Bolero on Ice.. I don't know, the program itself is great but maybe it could lose some pathos or passion. Still I think doing a Bolero SP would be a great choice!

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Virtue/Moir skated 'Carmen' at Ice Legends, and Volosozhar/Trankov skated 'Masquerade Waltz', but that doesn't mean they are going to bring those programs back for next season. It was/is Lambiel's concept for his show that skaters skate programs that were special in one way or another for them in it. So I would not give any other meaning to/read that much into Carolina skating 'Bolero' there.

Last edited:

rosy14

Final Flight
Virtue/Moir skated 'Carmen' at Ice Legends, and Volosozhar/Trankov skated 'Masquerade Waltz', but that doesn't mean they are going to bring those programs back for next season. It was/is Lambiel's concept for his show that skaters skate programs that were special in one way or another for them in it. So I would not give any other meaning to/read that much into Carolina skating 'Bolero' there.

Yeah, it was sort of tribute to these great skaters skating their "masterpieces", with which they won medals and titles.
Quite probably Caro will skate as FP a program she presented in January in Japan, I think a Massenet's piece, choreo by Lori.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Just came back from Stars on Ice Canada and I ran into Piper Gilles there, I met her there last year and she remembered me which was sweet, I asked her about the short dance next year and she told me that they will for sure not be doing hip hop, they'll definitely try something more experimental and unusual (as they usually do) but no hip hop haha

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Just came back from Stars on Ice Canada and I ran into Piper Gilles there, I met her there last year and she remembered me which was sweet, I asked her about the short dance next year and she told me that they will for sure not be doing hip hop, they'll definitely try something more experimental and unusual (as they usually do) but no hip hop haha

Thank God. I hope they will not change their mind :)

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker

I'm a little disappointed though - for me they're one of the few teams that could actually make hip hop work. Anyway, glad to learn they'll be choosing something 'out of the box' again; they are so refreshing to watch.