2016 Europeans Ladies SP | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans Ladies SP

sneakers

Match Penalty
imo, Elena should have been first; her 3F was superb
looks like Tuk or Julia has a chance for Worlds

sneakers

Match Penalty
But who else will replace her? Julia Lip is rebuilding her technique, Liza is pretty inconsistent this year. I could only think of Maria Sots but she's going to Junior worlds :confused2:

Tuk is the reigning World Champ, I think fed will still consider this at skate off in Russian Cup Final
especially if Anna has not so good fs again and his bronze is questionable

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I've only seen last group + Laurine :)love:), but IMO both Nicole & Angelina should have slightly higher score. Angelina score should be around Roberta Rodeghiero, I think. I enjoyed all skates from ladies last group, the ladies were ont today! Too bad about Anna 2 Lo. There's a little chance she can challenge the other tow Russians now. Polish Eurosport guys thought Elena Radionova should have win Short as Evgenia had mistake on 2A, but I think they just like her more :p Elena's skate wasn't perfect either, it looked a little frantic to me for a moment, but good for her, she can still win! (at least on paper) :hap10:
I'm going to watch Viveca now! :)luv17:)

zschultz1986

Final Flight
It was so wonderful of the Russian Fed to let non-Russian girls skate in Russian Nats....

Oh... this was Europeans? Whoops... :laugh2:

I find Medvedeva very pleasing to watch, even if I'd take points off for tights over skates. Seriously girls, make up your mind. either they're covering the whole boot or they're not covering any of it. Radionova is doing typical Radio things, and she gets bonus points for no tights on skates.

Edit: Giving anyone a 9 in for P/E in the Short when they've botched a jump is hilariously stupid, though.

Last edited:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Well actually some judges came up with 9s for Medvedeva which I just DON'T get...This system is totally losing credibility to me and is sending the wrong message to the youngsters...If you do amazing jumps you are rewarded as if you were straight away the 'complete package', the best you could be/achieve in the sport...In a few years (and it's probably already happening) no skater or coach will have any interest in developing top level skating skills ecc. but just push and push to have more triples or quads.

ITA, I don't even know what to say about Evgenia's score but just alas. Let's face it, if she perfected the axel show would have got some thing like 74, which is just 4 points behind the WR. Like seriously? And 8.64 for Interpretation and 8.50 for choreo? I seriously don't get it...and don't even get me started on her FS.

I like her, I like her skating, its just the judges should look carefully what they are giving out

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
ITA, I don't even know what to say about Evgenia's score but just alas. Let's face it, if she perfected the axel show would have got some thing like 74, which is just 4 points behind the WR. Like seriously? And 8.64 for Interpretation and 8.50 for choreo? I seriously don't get it...and don't even get me started on her FS.

I like her, I like her skating, its just the judges should look carefully what they are giving out
E
One judge is thinking the same as you (see the protocols).
His/her program components for Medvedeva are way lower than the scores of other judges ...

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Anastasia is SO underscored, ok I checked again the jumps were indeed UR, I would give the lutz and the flip border line though. But I just don't understand why you need to give negative GOE when the jump value is already downgraded, I never understand the double taxation.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
The protocol says that all jumps of Galustyan were underrotated. Really?

I think she was robbed. Her lutz and axel seem fine. And this happens more than once now - tech panels hate her. She should have received between 55 and 60 - it was a very good skate

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
For her 3F Elena got 1x-2, 3x-1, 1x0, 2x1 and 2x2 GOE. I wonder what's sometimes going on in the judges minds ... :scratch2:

da96103

Record Breaker
For her 3F Elena got 1x-2, 3x-1, 1x0, 2x1 and 2x2 GOE. I wonder what's sometimes going on in the judges minds ... :scratch2:

That's weird. How can the quality of one element be so polarizing, from negative 2 up to positive 2. The head judge should get the GOE's of that particular element reviewed. There must be some set guidelines for an element to be marked negative.

GOE's that are three point spread i.e. -1, 0, +1 or 0, +1, +2 can be accepted but -2, -1, 0, +1, +2 five point spread for one element? Shouldn't the judges be all one the same page in their training?

Last edited:

Kelly

On the Ice
Elena and Evgenia keep improving every time I watch their performances. It looks like they can deal with their puberty.

NaVi

Medalist

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I have to say I'm very impressed with how everyone skated. So many good programs and good performances. Very enjoyable to watch.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I just watched Pogorilaya's SP again and I think she's the most talented of the bunch of russian skaters. I love how she handles the itensity of the music. And she's probably the best looking female skater I've ever seen. That said, I really hope that she's able to stay among the top three russian ladies, because I think she'll be even better in a couple of years.
And I wonder how many seasons it will take until Morozov choreographs a black swan routine for her. ;)

MIM

Medalist
Per the B.euro commentator, Elena has a very steep left foot forward outside edge into the flip. Maybe the judges assumed that she would get an edge call and gave her negative GOEs. They did not correct despite it was not called?

Elena has a noticeable wobble out of her CCW twizzle in her STSQ, but she got a level 4 and +1 to +2 in GOEs. She was otherwise clean and fast. Is it common to get level 4 and + GOEs with a mistake?

Regarding Viveca's PCS mark (2.25 in P/E), I am at a loss, too. Maybe the competition was held too long and it is possible that judges get tired and made mistakes?

Last edited:

Sk8swan

On the Ice
E
One judge is thinking the same as you (see the protocols).
His/her program components for Medvedeva are way lower than the scores of other judges ...

That exactly shows how little credibility is left to the system...components given out totally random to push up or down a skater along with -3 -2 ...+3 +2 given with no criteria for the same element... I m not against the system itself but the more time goes by the more I believe any judging system will end up being "manipulated" by the judges if no serious impartial supervision of their job is done.

pohatta

On the Ice
Regarding Viveca's PCS mark (2.25 in P/E), I am at a loss, too. Maybe the competition was held too long and it is possible that judges get tired and made mistakes?

She skated in the 2nd group (and probably got a little lower scores because of it but that doesn't explain the 2.25). I'm glad she can skate her LP in the penultimate group.

Last edited: