2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies SP

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, I loved the program, much better than last year. And LOL that she should leave Eteri just because Evgenia is also doing pantomime. Can't blame this one on Averbukh.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Despite the high score Polina did not get 30 in PCS. There is so much room for improvement yet, it's actually scary ... :biggrin:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Agree if Zagitova get 68 she should score around 73 :) But that choreo.... oh well

The jumps alone invalidates all of Zagitova's backloaded jumps, I was expecting a 70+ score...
oh well at least still a junior record...

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Btw. I like that person in charge of rink music likes Beatles :biggrin:

Yep, they do have good taste in music! :agree: :biggrin: :rock:

Not the Beatles, but I was really enjoying "Eye Of The Tiger" after Sophia Schaller's routine. Just a pity they cut it off to tell us her score!

CaroLiza_fan

sneakers

Match Penalty
Zagitova had 3L+3T in second half.

I know, but what I'm amazed by Polina is how she grew, she got more powerful on her jumps :eeking:
its scary to think she can still improve a lot artistically too, we are witnessing a potential future multiple World record holder.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
watched

Her jumps are stunning but choreo is horrible, copy paste Zhenia's style....that useless pantomime, someone take away this girl from Eteri.
cant agree more! her style is nothing like Med! & shouldnt be! she's not a porcelain doll

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I know, but what I'm amazed by Polina is how she grew, she got more powerful on her jumps :eeking:
its scary to think she can still improve a lot artistically too, we are witnessing a potential future multiple World record holder.

She is still skinny though. it seems for girls, only when you put on bulk during puberty, you jumps will be affected.

bookworm94

Rinkside
POlina did so well! She has improved artistically a lot!! I didn't get the choreography at times, but I loved her skating. The jumps are outstanding, I can't think of anyone who jumps so well except for Yuna Kim. It's also impressive how she has managed to keep up her jumps while growing so much. She is 172cm and a female figure skater of that hight can't allow herself any mistakes or it will throw her off axis. So to sum it up: I am IMPRESSED! This girl is going to have a bright future, if she's staying healthy

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Well, I loved the program, much better than last year. And LOL that she should leave Eteri just because Evgenia is also doing pantomime. Can't blame this one on Averbukh.

It's not just the pantomime... it's the whole style of the program, the music, mood, and even the costume + hairstyle look like they were copied from Evgenia.

Eteri might be a good coach for others, but IMO Polina would be better off with someone else.

TMC

Record Breaker
Do they teach Finnish girls to pop jumps?

Love how they pronounce her name :laugh:

sneakers

Match Penalty
It's not just the pantomime... it's the whole style of the program, the music, mood, and even the costume + hairstyle look like they were copied from Evgenia.

Eteri might be a good coach for others, but IMO Polina would be better off with someone else.

I agree with this, Polina needs programs that show her POWER. Look at those gigantic jumps !!!!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, just had the Finnish girl that was only just outside the Top 10 in terms of absolute PB.

Hadn't seen Kallela before, but her absolute PB was in the same area as Calderone and Wanner.

We've yet to see Wanner, but, for me anyway, she was better than Calderone, who is currently 9th.

So, it'll be interesting to see what the judges say.

EDIT: THEY AGREED WITH ME FOR ONCE!!! :cheer: 7th for Kallela.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I want Polina to skate to powerful/dark music like her. and her skating will speak for itself...
yep yep thats why I was excited about GoT but in fact they just chose the track that is least powerl (tho beautiful)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Yes, she should definitely leave the greatest coach of junior girls in the world, who manage to be consistent and break records regularly, because of one unoriginal program - which I thought was quite nice btw...and since when do all juniors do something completely original? The Japanese girls don't exactly have groundbreaking originality in their programs, as a comparison.