2016 Junior Worlds Ladies Short Program | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2016 Junior Worlds Ladies Short Program

Tyranid

Final Flight
The Duchess aka Black Magic Woman has just bested her TES and PCS. Fek yeaaaah!!!:thumbsup:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
6) Interruption in performing the program – for every interruption
- for 11-20 sec. interruption: -1.0 point deduction
- for 21-30 sec. interruption: -1.0 point deduction
- for 31-40 sec. interruption: -1.0 point deduction​

7) Interruption with allowance of up to 3 minutes to resume from the point of interruption – once per program: -5.0 points deduction

http://static.isu.org/media/156264/sandp-deductions-deductions-who-is-responsible.pdf

In case it's not clear to anyone, those 1-point interruption deductions are additive so a 31-40 second deduction would end up as -3.0 points total.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
46 Ivett TOTH (HUN)

Music: Legend of Two Old Guys With A Mustache by Ilro Rantala
I Say A Little Prayer by Aretha Franklin

Pink dress, gloves, silver straps

3T+2T
3F - fall
LSp
2A
FSSp
StSq
CCoSp3p

Home girl last to skate. Shame about the fall, but probably enough for FS

SP: 26.09+24.89-1.00 = 49.98, 15/45

Last edited:

tzazu

Medalist
46 Ivett TOTH (HUN)

Music: Legend of Two Old Guys With A Mustache by Ilro Rantala
I Say A Little Prayer by Aretha Franklin

Pink dress, gloves, silver straps

3T+2T
3F - fall
LSp
2A
FSSp
StSq
CCoSp3p

Home girl last to skate. Shame about the fall, but probably enough for FS

Thank you so much for all your great work, sequinsgalore!:thank:

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Thank you so much for all your great work!:thank:

Ditto this, sequinsgalore.

Even if I could watch right now, I'd need the play-by-play anyway because I'm so bad at differentiating jumps and # of rotations in real time.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Does the ISU actually want skaters to keep skating with bloody noses? Do they like the idea of seeing skaters spinning with blood dripping on their face staining their costumes and the ice? Because when they give such harsh deductions from a nose bleed, I can't help but feel like they are saying that they would rather the skater keep spinning and jumping getting blood everywhere then having the audacity to want to put some tissue up their nose. One of these days they are going to get a stubborn kid (like i was) who refuses to voluntarily stop and just turns the ice into a horror movie scene.

To me stopping bleeding is as much a courtesy to those around you and that have to skate after you as it is for the benefit of the person bleeding. I don't see the benefit of punishing the skater for basically doing the polite thing.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does the ISU actually want skaters to keep skating with bloody noses? Do they like the idea of seeing skaters spinning with blood dripping on their face staining their costumes and the ice? Because when they give such harsh deductions from a nose bleed, I can't help but feel like they are saying that they would rather the skater keep spinning and jumping getting blood everywhere then having the audacity to want to put some tissue up their nose. One of these days they are going to get a stubborn kid (like i was) who refuses to voluntarily stop and just turns the ice into a horror movie scene.

To me stopping bleeding is as much a courtesy to those around you and that have to skate after you as it is for the benefit of the person bleeding. I don't see the benefit of punishing the skater for basically doing the polite thing.

What I wonder is the blood on the ice--in our university dance studios, every single one had a blood kit, because of course scrapes and things happen and you have to clean it up, but you have to do so safely. It *is* bodily fluid after all. Surely skating has something like that? But then I guess it would be easier to resurface...

lyndichee

Medalist
I am really sad to see Viveca miss the FS. I really like her and thought she could do really well.

I feel really bad for Elizabet, such a horrifying deduction for something that was out of her control.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
And to highlight how long this event was:

When I tuned into this thread, I'd just eaten breakfast. Now, the event is over, and I just ate lunch.

:p

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

If she hadn't stopped, the Referee probably would have ordered her to.

"If a Competitor gets injured during the performance or another adverse condition related to him or his equipment (such as health problems or unexpected damage to his/their clothing or equipment) impedes his/their skating, the Competitor/s must stop skating. If he/they don’t stop, they will be ordered to do so by an acoustic signal of the Referee. "