2017 Europeans Mens SP | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans Mens SP

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
When did you see him last time to jump a successful quad" He tried in the last years many times without success to jump a salchow.

And right now he's not even landing 3A. His SP last season at Euros was better, at least he landed 3A. He fell on quad yes, but he is not skating clean now anyway. Why not include quad then for higher BV? He can rotate it.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Airlines are the worst :disapp:. Not only is it a bad result at one competition, but also means he (in all likelihood) will not compete at Worlds. There should be a way to hold them accountable.

(But I hope now Daniel has learned to keep skates in his carry-on). Where did he get the skates for today from?

Sorry for the re-quote.
Daniel's brother lent him his skates. He came from Switzerland in order to do so.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The rule is -3 GOE is to be applied to the solo jump if it lacks proceeding steps but the final GOE is not required to be negative.

This is exactly my point. Top grade of +3 may cancel out the mandatory -3 but the resulting GOE should not be positive, unless 0 is considered positive.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I have only seen Mikhail. I'm so sad that he popped that axel because if he hadn't, he would have given Javi a run for his money. The fact that he is still in 4th after getting a zero for his axel is both encouraging and sad for what might have been. Mikhail.........Take your placement as a sign that when you skate your best you are among the best in the World. Trust yourself, skate with freedom, and get yourself on that Podium tomorrow. Cheers from Ca. :cheer2:

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Deniss VASILJEVS......How cute can one skater be.....I don't mean Stephane either...Deniss reminds me a lot the USA's Jason Brown. Even when he doesn't land a quad, he can steal the show with beautiful lines, great footwork, fast and original spins, and his freakin' cuteness....:bow:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I have only seen Mikhail. I'm so sad that he popped that axel because if he hadn't, he would have given Javi a run for his money. The fact that he is still in 4th after getting a zero for his axel is both encouraging and sad for what might have been. Mikhail.........Take your placement as a sign that when you skate your best you are among the best in the World. Trust yourself, skate with freedom, and get yourself on that Podium tomorrow. Cheers from Ca. :cheer2:

So Mikhail landing 3A would have jumped from 83 to 100 ? :scratch2:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Heartbroken for Dany... this is just not fair :sad21: I'm really proud of Moris and Deniss though, and even if Mika popped that 3A, I think the performance got a lot more spark again compared to the beginning of the season! Congrats to Javi for a cleanish SP and a new PB, but he didn't seem quite into it this time... maybe he's in 'getting it back together after that GPF' mode, but I missed his fire from last season And also think the PCS are too high regarding that... Anyway, hopefully it's a step in the right direction for worlds!

I mean, 7.75 for PE for a clean skate with 2 quads?

You really do not want to get it into your head that technical content is not related to PCS whatsoever :unsure: His 2 quads gave him a rightful high BV. They should by no means influence his PCS. He's gotta earn the PE score with the actually relevant qualities. As everyone else should too. (And I am happy for Max and wish him well for the LP, I'm not writing this to criticize him).

mrrice

Record Breaker
So Mikhail landing 3A would have jumped from 83 to 100 ? :scratch2:

I didn't say that...I said "Given him a run for his money" That's very different!! The fact that Mikhail is still in contention after getting a ZERO on an element IS a big deal. At least to me.

zschultz1986

Final Flight
This is exactly my point. Top grade of +3 may cancel out the mandatory -3 but the resulting GOE should not be positive, unless 0 is considered positive.

0 is neither positive, nor negative. (Or it is considered both positive and negative... but for these purposes, the first definition will suffice.)

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Just got a chance to check in and yaaay Bumbleferret into 3rd so proud of you.
Kovtun, good job buddy. Way to do yourself proud after your rough time last year.

...BUT WHAT THE H3LL HAPPENED TO DANIEL?!?!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
You really do not want to get it into your head that technical content is not related to PCS whatsoever :unsure: His 2 quads gave him a rightful high BV. They should by no means influence his PCS. He's gotta earn the PE score with the actually relevant qualities. As everyone else should too. (And I am happy for Max and wish him well for the LP, I'm not writing this to criticize him).

Do you think any skater who elects to only do clean double jumps for all their jumping passes deserves to get 10.00 PCS?

It is absolutely absurd to suggest technical content has no bearing on PCS scores... especially for the Performance/Execution mark. Although, evidently, some people don't even think technical errors should affect PCS either, so I'm not surprised.

Last edited:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Kovtun, good job buddy. Way to do yourself proud after your rough time last year.

The airline had lost his skates in the luggage and he had to skate in his brother's which didn't work out well.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

That was my reaction after seeing the scores.

Apparently his luggage was lost and he had to skate in his brother's skates. His brother actually flew in from Switzerland to bring them to him!

https://twitter.com/icenetwork/status/825019272158076929

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

LOL, even if he had landed the axel, he would have still been behind Kovtun. I'm not quite sure where your math is on this one... note that Mikhail also attempted only 1 quad (so, even with the 3A, his BV would have been about 5 points behind Javier/Maxim).

TGee

Record Breaker
From the research I just did now, the TSA (aka the United States) allows ice skates, but Europe does not, which explains why Daniel had to check his.

This strikes me as something that the ISU could and should weigh in on.

Transporting sports equipment for an international competition is different than for recreation.....Perhaps there should be a special category so that these can be held by the flight crew in the cabin rather than checked.

BTW when/if they can be carried, the international carry-on weight limits are so low that I think that many men's skates would hit the limit without the bag included.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Do you think any skater who elects to only do clean double jumps for all their jumping passes deserves to get 10.00 PCS?

It is absolutely absurd to suggest technical content has no bearing on PCS scores... especially for the Performance/Execution mark. Although, evidently, some people don't even think technical errors should affect PCS either, so I'm not surprised.

If they perform well enough, yes. That BV would put a skater like that out of contention anyway, but these are separate marks for a reason.

It's not absurd at all - in fact, it's what is written in the rules for PCS.

LOL, even if he had landed the axel, he would have still been behind Kovtun. I'm not quite sure where your math is on this one...

Uhm, heard of something called GOE? Also, without that mistake I'm sure his PCS would have gone up, because yes, mistakes usually do affect the PCS. Had he landed that 3A well, he definitely would have placed ahead of Maxim. You might wanna rethink calling people out on 'where there math is'.