“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
juniors can.. scroll down to #10

2lz... valid element
'
burn

Interesting...you learn something new everyday. Question though....what does it have to do with this event? Was someone doing a double here?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Interesting...you learn something new everyday. Question though....what does it have to do with this event? Was someone doing doubles here?

question is that someone brought up that Kaetlyn scores high because she has a senior like program
you brought up that in fact, junior girls have to do triple lutz so.. at this point what is a senior program???
and i simply corrected your flawed information. the best junior girls indeed attempt the 3lz but it's not a requirement.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
something must be up ...but not her arms lol just kidding. To me she looked more nervous this time.
But 4everchan I am still waiting to know what you think about Zagitova's costume. And also do you prefer the SP or the LP costume???????????

This is urgent and please be thorough!

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Ot but watching these Tano jumps I wanted to see how the Master did it in his prime - sometimes even Brian didn't look so pretty with the arm overhead! But when he did fully extend his arm it was awesome! The Tano Lutz Adam Rippon wasn't necessarily the first to do the Rippon! I didn't know that Brian also jumped at times with both arms overhead (again, sometimes not so pretty with the arms)!

Oops, sorry. Still not that great at identifying jumps :palmf:

No problemo! :biggrin: Intro to Figure Skating Jumps

Wish mirai skated here...

So do I - maybe. She might have had the same problems with that wakadoodle ice...

The competition organizers have mobilized some twenty workers since Monday to scrape the 1800 square meters of the rink to create an immaculate surface.

"We are covering the ice with a white powder mixed with water," explains Claude Pissard, ice-surfacer. "This way, we'll have an even surface."

L'organisation de la compétition mobilise depuis ce lundi une vingtaine d'agents chargés de racler les quelques 1800 mètres carrés de patinoire pour obtenir une glace immaculée.

"Nous recouvrons la glace avec une poudre blanche mélangée à de l'eau"explique Claude Pissard, glacier-surfaceur, "de cette façon, nous aurons une surface uniforme".

Thanks for the translation! :agree:

I'd say that 'white powder' was a FAIL. :disagree:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
question is that someone brought up that Kaetlyn scores high because she has a senior like program
you brought up that in fact, junior girls have to do triple lutz so.. at this point what is a senior program???
and i simply corrected your flawed information. the best junior girls indeed attempt the 3lz but it's not a requirement.

Hmm...I thought every junior had to attempt a solo Lutz jump(not in combination) on the JGP this season. So that means no 3z-3t. I was just playing around that in fact Kaetlyn technically had the layout of a required junior skater this season and Alina didn't. Not that I care or put any weight into it...just a light jest at someone saying Alina had a junior program. I don't get into the mature vs junior programs debates because they seem rather unproductive but I couldn't resist a being a nerd.

Now you have me wondering if they even required the solo Lutz jump this year :slink:

frida80

Record Breaker
Hmm...I thought every junior had to attempt a solo Lutz jump(not in combination) on the JGP this season. So that means no 3z-3t. I was just playing around that in fact Kaetlyn technically had the layout of a required junior skater this season and Alina didn't. Not that I care or put any weight into it...just a light jest at someone saying Alina had a junior program. I don't get into the mature vs junior programs debates because they seem rather unproductive but I couldn't resist a being a nerd.

Now you have me wondering if they even required the solo Lutz jump this year :slink:

They did. That’s why everyone one had solo lutzes and 3F+3T combos. I could be a double Lutz, but it had to be a Lutz, nonetheless.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

every year, juniors girls have a required SOLO jump from loop, flip or lutz.. but it can be double or triple.. you are correct that it was the lutz jump this year...

i see what you meant with Alina doing the lutz combo which would be illegal in juniors this year.... but yeah.. i just clarified the information you gave because it wasn't 100% correct.. I couldn't care less about the debate going on... for me it's clear why Kaetlyn scores big from having seen her live... and against some of these girls who are here as well today. I haven't seen any of the Russian girls live and looking forward to this one day.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought it was cute how the Canadian and Russian judges scored Masha’s PCS identical. It’s like a virtual hug for all to enjoy via the protocols :ghug:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
? The American judge did fine. Pretty much all of her scores were within a few tenths of the average of the panel. What is the question?

oh lord... when one has to explain a joke... it means bad news..

It's because sam-skwantch said canadian and russian judges marked his masha the same in PCS and we could then all virtually hugged... i just pointed out that as far as I know, he is american... so wouldn't it be logical to virtually hug if both the canadian and american judge marked masha the same?

if our respective judges agree, shall we? hahaha

it was just a light comment.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually I meant that the judges virtually hugged via the identical protocols ;)

Just watched Laurine and she was really enjoyable. Great program and nice overall performance. I hope she gets through the FS well enough to build a case for a trip to the olympics. :hap85:

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
Ok finally just now got to watch this and what.... did... I just.....watch!?!?
If something was wrong with the ice that would make sense, it just seemed like there is some black home in the arena that is sucking out the life energy from these girls.

Mai Mihara looked like she didn't know what the heck happened with running into those boards. I thought she recovered well though. Off topic but can I just say I appreciate her dress and that her bottoms are very appropriate. It's nice not to see awkward butt cheeks hanging out and we won't have to worry about a click bait YouTube thumbnail for her.

Alina Zagitova, everything with her was like 2 steps off. Seemed like she was really trying to catch up the entire program. Like she's the one in the orchestra that's behind and trying to find her place in the sheet music. As a result everything looked rushed.

Maria sotskova stood out as being very powerful but I swear that one arm over the head is looking worse. It looks like that Tetris peice everyone hates getting when all we want is that smooth straight peice. I didn't think it was possible to be bent at the elbow AND the wrist. It is the thing that I remember most from an actually well done program and that is unfortunate.
Katelyn Osmond was just kind of "meh" as well. I was expecting her performance to be outstanding in France for the SP!
Hopefully tomorrow is better!