dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Nov 10 - Nov 12, 2017
Osaka, Japan

Friday, 10 November 2017, 14:20 UTC +9

Time in Other Places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...4&p7=352&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

No.NameNation
1Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER
SP: Sunshine on Leith; choreo by Mark Pillay
FS: "Yellow," and "Fix You," cover versions of a Coldplay medley; choreo by Mark Pillay
AUT
2Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU
SP: "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Lorde; choreo by M.-F. Dubreuil; P. Lauzon, D. Wilson
FS: Where's My Love (SYML); choreo by M.-F. Dubreuil; P. Lauzon, D. Wilson
CAN
3Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN
SP: "Hallelujah" by K.D. Lang; choreo by Lori Nichol
FS: Turandot by Giacomo Puccini; choreo by Lori Nichol
CHN
4Sumire SUTO / Francis BOUDREAU-AUDET
SP: "Sakura" (Spring Blossom) by Naotaro Moriyama, performed by Andre Rieu (Reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: Beatles medley: "Girl," "Let It Be" (cover),"All My Loving," "I Want To Hold Your Hand" (cover); choreo by Julie Marcotte
JPN
5Miu SUZAKI / Ryuichi KIHARA
SP: Yuri on Ice soundtrack by Taro Umebayashi; choreo by Yuka Sato, Pasquale Camerlengo
FS: Romeo & Juliet by Nino Rota; choreo by Yuka Sato, Pasquale Camerlengo
JPN
6Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV
SP: "Adagio For Strings" by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, "Requiem in D Minor" by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, "O Fortuna" (from "Carmina Burana") by Carl Orff; choreo by Sergei Komolov
FS: "Another Day Of Sun" from "La La Land" (soundtrack) by Justin Hurwitz, "City Of Stars" from "La La Land" soundtrack by Justin Hurwitz, "Epilogue" from "La La Land" soundtrack by Justin Hurwitz; choreo by Sergei Komolov
RUS
7Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV
SP: "Tango de Besame" performed by Benise; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Juri Smekalov, T. Druchinina
FS: "Carmen Suite" by Bizet; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Juri Smekalov, T. Druchinina
RUS
8Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIM
SP2: Come What May, from Moulin Rouge (2016-17 program); choreo by Cindy Stuart
FS1: Ghost the musical (2016-17 program); choreo by Christopher Dean, Cindy Stuart
USA

Last edited:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
This should be the starting order:

Warm Up Group 1
Miu SUZAKI / Ryuichi KIHARA
Sumire SUTO / Francis BOUDREAU-AUDET
Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIM
Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER

Warm Up Group 2
Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV
Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU
Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN
Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV

skatemouse

On the Ice
I hope Ksenia/Fedor slay! They need to make a statement against Sui/Han

It is always good to hope but Sui/Han would have to implode like you have never seen before. S/K wrap their throws and they are low. Their twist they should just not do or do a double. Sui/Han all their pair elements are above expected, all. Even though their programs last year were much much better. Still....Will be exiting.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I hope Ksenia/Fedor slay! They need to make a statement against Sui/Han

I think that they do not need to 'make a statement' against any other team - they need to only hit their programs hard and effective, especially in terms of flow and execution. Then, 'the statement' will be done on its own, no matter what others will do, in my opinion this is a team being 'a statement' by itself.

whatif

Medalist
I hope S/K are getting it together. Otherwise this will be a cakewalk for the olympic gold favourites.

lavoix

Match Penalty
I hope S/K are getting it together. Otherwise this will be a cakewalk for the olympic gold favourites.

That's what I meant, they need to stop falling and show that they are a threat.

Sui/Han look really lame with their programs this season.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Best of luck to S/K, hoping they show an improved performance over Rostelecom. I like what I’ve seen of both programmes so far, when skated clean they will score big. I am surprised to say this but Carmen does work for them. I was a bit underwhelmed with S/H and Turandot last week, for me it didn’t have of the impact of S/Z in Worlds 2003 and I was left with a negative impression. Not sure they compare as well to S/Z, it’s a bit odd their coaching team picked that music.

Hoping that A/R can build on their good performance in Russia.

Bcash

Final Flight
Best of luck to S/K, hoping they show an improved performance over Rostelecom. I like what I’ve seen of both programmes so far, when skated clean they will score big. I am surprised to say this but Carmen does work for them. I was a bit underwhelmed with S/H and Turandot last week, for me it didn’t have of the impact of S/Z in Worlds 2003 and I was left with a negative impression. Not sure they compare as well to S/Z, it’s a bit odd their coaching team picked that music.

Hoping that A/R can build on their good performance in Russia.

They picked that music themselves, with approval from their team. Sui said the 2003 performance was what got her into skating. But she also said that remains an iconic program and they want to create their own, rather than trying to measure up to it. It's not optimal at this point but I don't think their LP from last year would be Olympic material either.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I meant, they need to stop falling and show that they are a threat.

Sui/Han look really lame with their programs this season.

I think S/H's SP is still the best out of all the top teams this season, down to the costumes.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I think that they do not need to 'make a statement' against any other team - they need to only hit their programs hard and effective, especially in terms of flow and execution. Then, 'the statement' will be done on its own, no matter what others will do, in my opinion this is a team being 'a statement' by itself.

Beautiful words!!! :love:
I admit, as far as the technical components are concerned, Sui/Han are indeed hard to beat, but as far as performance and skating flow goes, I wouldn't compare the two pairs. S/K are in a league of their own in that respect. They have two great programmes this season, hot, sexy, fierce, the lot. Presented in a way only S/K can do.
I've taken Friday off, I'm already a nervous wreck and I'm looking forward to find as many of you as possible to keep me company when NHK starts.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Beautiful words!!! :love:
I admit, as far as the technical components are concerned, Sui/Han are indeed hard to beat, but as far as performance and skating flow goes, I wouldn't compare the two pairs. S/K are in a league of their own in that respect. They have two great programmes this season, hot, sexy, fierce, the lot. Presented in a way only S/K can do.
I've taken Friday off, I'm already a nervous wreck and I'm looking forward to find as many of you as possible to keep me company when NHK starts.

:):ghug:, they are team capable of that, they have good material on their hands, just focus and 'automatizing' of certain elements/better timing is needed to 'punch' harder with performances impact. I still get back to their GPF 2015 performance, this is Ksenia and Fedor I want to see:)

ETA - plus mix of green and pink in the table is giving me LIFE:points:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm debating between waking up at 6 a.m to watch whole Pairs or waking up for only second group... I'm so excited S/H and S/K are skating back to back :love:

PS I changed my avatar, as I promised, LadyB ;)

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm debating between waking up at 6 a.m to watch whole Pairs or waking up for only second group... I'm so excited S/H and S/K are skating back to back :love:

PS I changed my avatar, as I promised, LadyB ;)

You did indeed :luv17: I knew I could rely on you!
Go on, I need you for the chat. I'm nervous, but I'm also looking forward to the head-to-head. It has to happen at some point.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Japan's timezone is so far ahead that this event starts at 9PM for me! Perfect chance to catch it live :)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
12:20am EST, oooooh. That's not a terrible time at all! :cheer: I say this as if I don't have chronic insomnia and am not awake till 4am every other night anyway. :laugh:

NHK >>>> CoC, hands down, time change wise.

Oooh, Ksenia and Fedor are here! I hope they kill it... :devil: