2017 GP Skate America Ladies SP | Page 52 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Ladies SP

Ender

Match Penalty
Ashley 3T should have been 3T<< she clearly land forward, also Satoko should get 3Lo< (not sure about her 3T) and Sima should get 3T<. other than that i think the judging was good. FS is anyone game, interesting if Leonova best her performance in NHK she could be a podium threat lol. Hoping Kaori to get in podium!
Tsurkaya had < in the 3Lo and didn’t get called.
The third American girl also had a < in the 3T and didn’t get called.

matcha

Medalist
Ashley 3T should have been 3T<< she clearly land forward, also Satoko should get 3Lo< (not sure about her 3T) and Sima should get 3T<. other than that i think the judging was good. FS is anyone game, interesting if Leonova best her performance in NHK she could be a podium threat lol. Hoping Kaori to get in podium!

If we're doing an arm chair technical panel then let me also add that Sima should have got a ! on her lutz, Polina < on her axel and < on her loop and Bradie +3T<.

Shin Amano eat your heart out. :dev3:

Purv

Match Penalty
If we're doing an arm chair technical panel then let me also add that Sima should have got a ! on her lutz, Polina < on her axel and < on her loop and Bradie +3T<.

Shin Amano eat your heart out. :dev3:

Girls nowadays cannot jump at all.:palmf:

skatefan17

On the Ice
Ashley's problem is she gets slow and tight on the ice when she needs to attack with purposeful resolve. It's sad. Is she really only capable of a 64? When they said seasons best, it was a reminder she hasn't done so well this year.

skatefan17

On the Ice
How did Ashley get an ankle infection? I've never heard of this. Did the skin break?
Imagine having boots rub and grind against your ankle, in addition to the likely sweat trapped in a tight space. I'm sure it could develop into infection if untreated or prolonged.

snd

On the Ice
serafima has had better programs in the past but...

wow those spins are MAGNIFICENT and what a beautiful rippon that was! very happy for her.

edit:
i found karen's score a bit harsh, honestly. tech issues aside, she is very sophisticated and elegant - nobody is quite like her. why is that never rewarded? leonova was alse great to watch.

i actually thought ashley score should be a little higher. i didn't see the ur on the loop, 66-67. bradie 67-68, karen-60.
i didn't see the ur .
satoko's was borderline so i am very happy for her.

gabriella kinds surprise but outside she did well i would have put a point lower.

alena around a 64,

what do i know i am not a judge

i think overall they judge it basically fair and evenly.

the ladies did a good job on the ice.

i am looking forward to the competition in the ladies free skate.

they did wonderful, i am happy for them.
i do hope karen didn't injure herself-for me it seem like a bad side bruise; i am surprised when the skaters have bad falls like that their costumes dont rip.

i do hope she is okay.
by the way daniel report as well adam, i hope both doing well and getting rest to heal.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Tsurkaya had < in the 3Lo and didn’t get called.
The third American girl also had a < in the 3T and didn’t get called.

You mean Bradie Tennell? People just love looking for those imaginary ur's of ladies. Both her combination jumps were clean as a whistle even in slo-mo, when it comes to rotation and otherwise. I start to think it's impossible to meet your standards, she'd have to overrotate her jump for you to stop nitpicking.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
One has delay one has massive pre rotation

To Satoko credit - she prerotates less than 2 years ago. Her skating is getting more exquisite with time as well. That was a very pleasant to see her finished 1st in SP yesterday, that was absolutely lovely performance. I was impressed with her smooth footwork & step sequence that covered so much ice in the 2nd part as like with all these little details like her hands / arms positions - very musical as well. She's making fast progress for sure after this long, mandatory break.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
few randomizers after re-watching...

- Leonova looks really solid and she seems to have time of her life out there, which makes her programs much more enjoyable;

- Bradie - what a revelation and breath of fresh air! Maybe still a it rough around edges and not with lots of flow/smoothness, but boy - she is one heck of talented cookie:), she reminds me a mix between young Polina Edmunds, Agnes Zawadzki and Gracie Gold: attack to the jumps, speed, overall carriage on ice;

- Gabrielle's face close-up in YT video link gave me seizures from amount of gorgeousness - how stunning is she?! It must be so nice to see that beautiful face in the mirror and have so much talent...:laugh:, she really needs to set up those make-up lessons!

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Sima was the highlight of the event for me and I really hope she fights for the LP as well. It was heartbreaking watching her fall so hard so fast these last 2 seasons.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
An interesting event with unexpected results. The panel and judges were friendly to everyone so that the scores make sense in the realm of lenient judging. Except the grandma Leonova who wuzrobbed yet another time. For the very same content she used to get 66-67 3 seasons ago. Her pcs were above 30. Injustice.

Polina looked shaky. Hope that it is no injury. My theory is that the jet lag hit her. Come on, why did the competition start that late? Even in the States it was 9:30 p.m. It was 5 in the morning Russian time. I think, that's too much a pressure. Somehow both Grandma and Sima coped with that.

Kaori is getting better and better. I would put her in the lead here - enjoyed her performance a lot. She said last year: I still have to learn a lot. I am sure that she is a good student based on her progress. But as far as I can remember her FP was a snoozefest. May be she will surprise me once again.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Also, is it just me or do you think Karen could stand to get a little fitter? She looks a little less in shape than some of the other ladies

I was thinking the same thing. I was like "Where is her waist?!?!". Definitely does not look as fit as a world class athlete should look.

ask

Match Penalty
Satoko is so polished, it is crazy her PCS isn't higher.
Kaori is also improving a lot. I do feel she is skating through the music, but that only affect one component.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Thanks draqq for play-by-play here and in other threads :thank:

Now GO ALL in the free skate! Starts in 15 minutes.