2017 GPF Pairs SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Pairs SP

bobbob

Medalist
Technically very good though not the best SBS. Will probably be (just) below S/M overall.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Every skater must be advised to think clearly before they decide to skate a Rach 2 program in Japan.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:laugh: I always find the ending of T/M's short weird, like...way over there in the corner...

Great skate, I love the landing of the throw! And of course the triple twist!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Thought they'd be over 80 too. PCS Ding for repeating a program, maybe? Idk if that's a real thing.

That's what I thought to be honest. Perhaps a subtle hint to return to their tango?

Their other program is much more complex and nuanced. This one is more fun, but the other one is better.

GGFan

Record Breaker
What a gorgeous throw loop by T/M! This program is not inspired but so much more effective than the free.

Still dying at nolangoh calling it Candyman eve! :rofl:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Tarasova / Morozov

Tech: Brilliant 3Twist to start. A bit squeaky on the sbs 3T, but still performed fine. Sweeping throw 3Loop and good speed through the death spiral. Some of the positions in the spin combo were a bit strange but still good speed. Strong lift with that one hand out to show a more powerful position. And strong edging through the footwork.

Pres: I really like the speed and cleanliness of this program. They don't have the best interpretive skill but their execution, transitions, and skating skills makes up for it, and their focus matches Rachmaninoff well. This will be quite close to S/M's performance.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
5 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV (RUS)

Music: Piano Concerto No. 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov

Black costumes with red sash details

3Tw4
3T - ok, she hangs on
3LoTh
FiDs4
PCoSp4
3Li4
StSq

Tight on sbs jump for her, otherwise quality elements

SP: 42.24+36.59 = 78.83 (SB), 2/5

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
T/M are so funny. I love them but I just can't take them seriously. [emoji23] The elements on the other hand... that's serious stuff.
Also, they are somehow very USSR circa 1973.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
What a gorgeous throw loop by T/M! This program is not inspired but so much more effective than the free.

Still dying at nolangoh calling it Candyman eve! :rofl:

OMG, so on point!:laugh:, at this point, we have to only laugh at that and cheer them ever harder for good measure I think:)