2017 Senior Grand Prix Final: GP Predictions Game Round 7 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 Senior Grand Prix Final: GP Predictions Game Round 7

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Finally, a bronze medal in pairs! I'm so glad in this game the 6th place finisher gets counted (I wish it was that way in the regular GP) since Y/Z was the only correct placement for me. I think I'm getting a silver in ID, too, so I'm happy about that.

Hard to believe I was the overall winner in last year's GP and this year I've done terribly. I wonder if it being an Olympic year has anything to with it?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Ladies are in the spreadsheet now.

So, who is the winner?

Can't say yet - no dance results yet. The intrigue is it. Before the dance the situation at the top is:

1. - 2. jiawen2016 and Yatagarasu with 1645
3. - 4. Pandicorn and Weathergal with 1640
5. semosk8tfan with 1635

It cannot be closer so that Dance can change everything - who bet on V/M? I did :(

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
GPF did me in.....oh well..it was fun to be up in the top for a little while. :)

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States

So, who is the winner?

Can't say yet - no dance results yet. The intrigue is it. Before the dance the situation at the top is:

5. semosk8tfan with 1635

It cannot be closer so that Dance can change everything - who bet on V/M? I did :(

OMG, the suspense!! I can't believe I am in the running for a "podium" finish!! Obviously throwing away the charts I have used in previous years works!!

Thank you to the organizers and scorers for making all this fun possible.

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Ice Dance scores will come in some hours, I am in class, despite the hour- it's 21:45 pm here

sakurano

Final Flight
Pairs Results

GOLD: Moxiejanwith 160 points

SILVER: Anyasnake, LA143, SashaJuliaSpins, SnowWhite, StitchMonkey, sunnystars, blackey, college pat, sakurano, Astrid56, Olympic with 140 points

BRONZE: apgold, breynows, casualfan, corynna, draqq, Hannah555, HR4, icetug, inrs42575, itofan, Kittosumi, liv, mis751, Mrs. P, NoNameFace, NYscorp6, semosk8tfan, skylark, Spirals for Miles, Sugarpova, sunnyouyang, Tastetherainbow, voolfee, Weathergal, yoloaxel, Xorasy, Yatagarasu, alyssamarie, Baron Vladimir, jenaj, Sabrina, Sherlock Marple, wishonastar, NathanandMiraifan111, text_skate, baymax24, IlVoloFan, Jayson, VikiLeeks with 120 points

Congratulations to all! :dance:

If there are any mistakes or questions please drop me a PM.
thanks for the silver medal for peers, i must say it was a fun game even though my favorites besides papapadakis / cizeron are not getting on the podium

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Finally, a bronze medal in pairs! I'm so glad in this game the 6th place finisher gets counted (I wish it was that way in the regular GP) since Y/Z was the only correct placement for me. I think I'm getting a silver in ID, too, so I'm happy about that.

Hard to believe I was the overall winner in last year's GP and this year I've done terribly. I wonder if it being an Olympic year has anything to with it?

I can relate - bronze overall last season:laugh:

I think there's few things: waaaay more diverse field with all juniors incoming, so much skaters tied on similarly high level and capable of pulling off particular result/scoring, so much of new people playing I did not see last year - and who did great!:) (some mad skills there and great intuition:cool14:), weirdness of this season in a form of so many injuries, withdrawals and high/low tendencies in general...All of this I think comprised of toughness of this GP season in predictions.

ETA - I want to thank All involved in organizing the GP game this season, puremagic and SnowWhite for opening Game Prediction threads, Doris for discipline threads, all scorers, to name those I remember: samkrut, Weathergal, ines, rosacotton, and all others!:ghug:

the thing I've learned about my predictions is to trust my first pick and do not overestimate skaters who I plainly like;)

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Ice Dance results:

Gold medallists, with 240 points: Anyasnake, AshWagsFan, change of edge, corynna, Hyena, invisiblespiral, itofan, Kirei, MsLiinaLii, nikki51, NYscorp6, Poice, Puchi, rosacotton, semosk8tfan, StitchMonkey, voolfee, xibsuarz, alyssamarie, angeleva19, rustyskater, Crystal7, Olympic and VikiLeeks.

Silver medallists, with 190 points: apgold, CanadianSkaterGuy, casualfan, danse, Greta, icedance, icetug, jemmabrie17, jiawen2016, LA143, ladykk, liv, MalAssada, mis751, Moxiejan, Mrs. P, nipman, Pandicorn, randomfan, SashaJuliaSpins, Tastetherainbow, Weathergal, Yatagarasu, yoloaxel, Bellaxx, jenaj, formersk8ter, IceAge1986 and ultravires.

Bronze medallists, with 170 points: Artemisa, MaiKatze, ragdoll, Shoma One, Winry, sakurano and teamgoldengeese.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Lol at myself because I put down some of my wishes instead of realistic predictions, especially on bronze in each discipline. That turns out no medal for me as the result. :laugh: My previous medals are mainly from pairs and ice dance though.

jiawen2016

On the Ice

So, who is the winner?

5. semosk8tfan with 1635

One misplacement of the 5th and 6th in Ice Dance caused Yatagarasu , Pandicorn, Weathergal and me to lose the overall medal! :palmf: Congratulations to semosk8tfan for winning the overall ranking!:cheer:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well the rules I developed did me in, LOL! I went from tied for 6th to 22nd.
(Makes me glad we did away with the zero points for wrong guesses for GPF rule a few years back. :laugh:)

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Ice Dance results:

Gold medallists, with 240 points: Anyasnake, AshWagsFan, change of edge, corynna, Hyena, invisiblespiral, itofan, Kirei, MsLiinaLii, nikki51, NYscorp6, Poice, Puchi, rosacotton, semosk8tfan, StitchMonkey, voolfee, xibsuarz, alyssamarie, angeleva19, rustyskater, Crystal7, Olympic and VikiLeeks.

Silver medallists, with 190 points: apgold, CanadianSkaterGuy, casualfan, danse, Greta, icedance, icetug, jemmabrie17, jiawen2016, LA143, ladykk, liv, MalAssada, mis751, Moxiejan, Mrs. P, nipman, Pandicorn, randomfan, SashaJuliaSpins, Tastetherainbow, Weathergal, Yatagarasu, yoloaxel, Bellaxx, jenaj, formersk8ter, IceAge1986 and ultravires.

Bronze medallists, with 170 points: Artemisa, MaiKatze, ragdoll, Shoma One, Winry, sakurano and teamgoldengeese.

does not change anything, but I've had one switch between 5th and 6th place and should have probably 190 pts;)

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
thanks to everyone who scored all of the events! I had sm fun with this!

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Thank you ice dance, for giving me a gold medal in this event after scoring so badly in the other disciplines :laugh2:

And thanks to everyone who scored the game, as always, it’s a lot of fun :yes:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
One misplacement of the 5th and 6th in Ice Dance caused Yatagarasu , Pandicorn, Weathergal and me to lose the overall medal! :palmf: Congratulations to semosk8tfan for winning the overall ranking!:cheer:

I am in a state of disbelief!! And so happy!! :yahoo::hap93: