2018 JGP Kaunas Cup Ladies SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Kaunas Cup Ladies SP

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
She was very solid especially in the first part. The choreo towards the end was a bit empty. I would think of 59 - 62.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Wow, Oliwia is a close second for that charm award. Very fun performance. I love the yellow underneath the skirt and how she ended right on the last beat of the music.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I kind of wish the DJ had played "YMCA" following one of the worse skates in the earlier men's short program.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Moa, absolutely wonderful! A fantastic performance, and that dress is not just beautiful on its own but also looks especially great specifically on her.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I usually find junior Japanese programs quite boring. Not this time! Moa is a superb performer. Could be a real podium threat if not for the ruined combo. May be not everything is lost for her.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Emily Bausbeck's another Canadian lady that I don't expect much from in Juniors, but can definitely see her rising in Seniors. She'll have big jumps.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Emily Bausbeck's another Canadian lady that I don't expect much from in Juniors, but can definitely see her rising in Seniors. She'll have big jumps.
Not that predicting who will rise in seniors is an exact science or anything, but in comparison to Alison or Emma, I don't find much of interest in Emily thus far.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Don't get me wrong, but how Trusova got her +5 GOE on spins? She has great jumps, but spins are not as great.
So sad, that new system is still the same.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I need a magic ball to predict how Emily will evolve. She is already 16, but that is not as bad as it looks. I loved Ema and right now I think, she and Alison are better skaters. I wonder what really happened with Aurora Cotop.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I think it's absolutely ridiculous that Ksusha and Yelim got the same PCS. Ksusha was definitely underscored there.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Agree. Her jumps are great, but +5 for those spins is outrageous.

I can see a +5 for this cantilever into biellmann spin. But for the others... not so much. I mean, she does deserve good GOE on them because she doesn‘t travel and they‘re not as slow as last season. She‘s definitely improved. She will never be the best spinner but she‘s by no means bad. +5 does sound like a “quad-bonus“, though. :biggrin:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I did some catching up, and oh, Subin... She's never been that consistent on her jumps, but I didn't expect her to fall on her first jump and lose the whole combination... And I'm a bit sad that Yelim is currently in 4th, hoping she'll do great on her FS and do her best to grab that bronze.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Can I just say, Judge number 8 was like... a bit crazy...? [emoji23]
I don’t know what happened there. But alright.
Some strange GOE’s and PCS here and there but overall I think the result has been right so far.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can see a +5 for this cantilever into biellmann spin. But for the others... not so much. I mean, she does deserve good GOE on them because she doesn‘t travel and they‘re not as slow as last season. She‘s definitely improved. She will never be the best spinner but she‘s by no means bad. +5 does sound like a “quad-bonus“, though. :biggrin:

She really does an impressive job of centering. I liked the entrance into the Flying Camel but was more impressed at her use of the right outside edge to prevent any skidding or traveling. It’s very common to find skaters traveling a bit after the flying entrance (which is allowed) but she really uses a confident edge to bring that spin in. The donut was held out very well and executed with near flawless execution and posture. Even the catchfoot at the end is a very strong position. The only error was maybe that unnecessary illusion exit but it wasn’t so bad as to necessarily incur a penalty. Although I think she should drop it. For me...that’s a +3 to +5 spin. Not for any one wow factor but for absolutely mastery of the skills while demonstrating ideal posture.

https://youtu.be/4JflN7oIrdI?t=2m3s

- - - Updated - - -

Can I just say, Judge number 8 was like... a bit crazy...? [emoji23]
I don’t know what happened there. But alright.
Some strange GOE’s and PCS here and there but overall I think the result has been right so far.

You know who it is right :slink:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
She really does an impressive job of centering. I liked the entrance into the Flying Camel but was more impressed at her use of the right outside edge to prevent any skidding or traveling. It’s very common to find skaters traveling a bit after the flying entrance (which is allowed) but she really uses a confident edge to bring that spin in. The donut was held out very well and executed with near flawless execution and posture. Even the catchfoot at the end is a very strong position. The only error was maybe that unnecessary illusion exit but it wasn’t so bad as to necessarily incur a penalty. Although I think she should drop it. For me...that’s a +3 to +5 spin. Not for any one wow factor but for absolutely mastery of the skills while demonstrating ideal posture.

https://youtu.be/4JflN7oIrdI?t=2m3s

- - - Updated - - -

You know who it is right :slink:

I thought her flying entrance was a tiny bit wonky?? Is it just me?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought her flying entrance was a tiny bit wonky?? Is it just me?

I thought the way she landed on that outside edge was a thing of beauty. I’ve noticed a lot of flying entries that skid into the edge. If it was a mistake than I say keep doing it. Nice knee bend and control to my eyes but a slight dip that I think actually helped. I wonder if she’ll do this spin in the FS for a comparison to satisfy my curiosity:popcorn:

Her Skating skills seem improved and I chalked it up to that. Did you notice the delay she utilized out of the cantilever?

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I thought the way she landed on that outside edge was a thing of beauty. I’ve noticed a lot of flying entries that skid into the edge. If it was a mistake than I say keep doing it. Nice knee bend and control to my eyes but a slight dip that I think actually helped. I wonder if she’ll do this spin in the FS for a comparison to satisfy my curiosity:popcorn:

Her Skating skills seem improved and I chalked it up to that. Did you notice the delay she utilized out of the cantilever?

Pretty sure it was a small mistake. Look at the same spin from the test skates:
https://youtu.be/7UctBXrYHiY (around 1:23 )

Even the exit was better there.

And no, didn’t notice the delay. I’ll watch her program again soon. I only watched it twice so far.
[emoji23]

But that cantilever into the spin is really an interesting transition, I was like

WOW! Now that’s a good idea!! [emoji23]