2018 Olympic Figure Skating Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Ladies SP

A.H.Black

Final Flight
I didn't get to watch practice till Medvedeva. Did something happen with Karen Chen or did she just get a bloody nose?

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
anyone know if the twitch stream will work today?

And good luck to all and remember to have fun!!

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Truly the only discipline I can watch while :popcorn: from beginning to end. Since the men's was pretty great in general, I hope that doesn't mean the ladies will flop :coffee:

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
:hap10:Go Diana!:hap10: Nail that short! Please make the free! Please make the free!! Do not implode!!! :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

also go Zhenya!!! :cheer2: I have full confidence that she's going to slay today :cool:

kimi492

Final Flight
I’m worried about Karen - according to Jackie her jumps pretty much are the same as nationals - she needs to work with someone who can fix her underrotations

GGFan

Record Breaker
Strangely enough this is the event I'm the most calm for. There have been very few times that my ladies favorite has won, so it doesn't phase me as much.

Also none of my favorites can realistically win :laugh2:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good luck to Isadora Williams, Diana Nikitina, Hanul Kim, Aiza Mambekova, Mae-Berenice Meite and Kailani Craine today! Wishing them all SB scores and places in the free skate. :)

GGFan

Record Breaker
Great to hear the Shibs in a more candid light. They discussed the challenges of finding their style but also of looking different than others. They didn't mention it before because they just wanted to focus on working hard. :clap:

Great to hear the Shibs in a more candid light. They discussed the challenges of finding their style but also of looking different than others. They didn't mention it before because they just wanted to focus on working hard. :clap:

Wrong thread?

ks777

Record Breaker
so I want Mirai and Bradie to skate clean. It would be nice if they ended up in the final group tomorrow.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I’d really like Medvedeva to win it all, as I think she has done quite a bit to push the boundaries of what it means to be a “feminine” skater. Her programs aren’t “ice princess”/classical but modern, even futurist, and she’s showing some new avenues for future skaters. As the girl who was kicked out of ballet for being 5’ tall at nine years old (and way past training bra stage to boot...), I never had much in common with the dainty ice princess thing, but the athleticism versus femininity paradox of the Harding-Kerrigan era is a false choice. Whatever her flaws or the issues with her scores, Medvedeva is at least breathing something new into the discipline, and I actually think her free skate is genius. (Hell, I love her program set to the soundtrack of “Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close” and I am not a fan of Jonathan Safran Foer in the slightest. How did he ever get hyped as the Milan Kundera of my generation? Literary critics have much to answer for.) (Okay, being a Russian lit nerd and just a bibliophile in general is also part of her charm, perhaps — not that Anna Karenina requires you to have taken Russian lit to know the gist. But she *nails* it.)

Mirai Nagasu already became America’s hero when she landed that 3A in the team event, but I hope she does well for herself tonight, even though none of the American women have a realistic shot of coming near the podium. Of everyone on Team USA, she’s the only one I actually like, and I hope she nails her short just to continue her absolutely epic last laugh against the USFSA.

Other than the aforementioned, it’s just Zagitova, who could certainly take herself out of the competition tonight, and to a lesser extent Kostner, but mostly I wish everyone a clean skate and am hoping to be surprised by a flash of talent or brilliance.

Oh, Mao. I miss you.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I would like Gabrielle Daleman to win with perfect scores and a secret 4T and the heavenly strains of angelic choirs accompanying her skating.

Or I would like Evgenia to win.

If Kaetlyn got bronze that would be cool.

I would also like Sotskova to get bronze and then tano copter into the stratosphere.