2018 US Championships Sr. Pairs SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 US Championships Sr. Pairs SP

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can see better posture and improvement from working with Marina. There is still something kind of choppy in their movement though. The moves need to blend into each other more and have more glide. Haven has a wonderful sparkle.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Maybe they could pet the dog BEFORE skating and be more relaxed DURING the actual skate. Yes, a therapy dog is what we need.🐶

Sheesh, that’s actually a good idea. Therapy dogs are great for calming nerves and just being an overall positive distraction while skaters wait. Well, for most people anyway, some people are afraid of dogs and others have allergies...

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Argh! Marissa & Mervyn are so good, if only they could get the sbs jumps....

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Blecch, so tired of this Alicia Keys program.

I assume Mervin and Marissa intend to compete until 2022?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
C/T are like that "friend" you actually really like, but who disappoints you time after time after time. So when they call and want to get together, you start making up excuses not to see them. "I'd love to go to the movies, but I uhm uh have a wedding to go to. In Guam. But maybe when I get back..."

Stop breaking my heart you two.

i agree with the commentators the side by side jumps. The u.s. pairs are good but to be competitive to medal they have to land/do their side by side jumps

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK folks, true story, at the summer comp I attended they had *real dogs* in the rink during the pairs. I thought someone was doing a great imitation until the real canines were pointed out to me. They barked after every program. I think one was Jim Petersen’s dog, who is abso-lutely adorable.

Product placement now please:biggrin:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My first time seeing Nica & Danny. Great potential, she has a great presence and wonderful extension. I think they may have played it smart with the double axels which were clean as opposed to underrotated triples with falls.