2019 World Championships Men's Free Skate | Page 46 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Men's Free Skate

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Always disappointed for those who didn’t have the skate they worked so hard for, but what a great competition overall. Congratulations to the medalists!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Well they did use to get a Lalique vase which will pretty isn't very useful. I guess you can serve chips in it :laugh:

Y'know at this point for the JGP it just might be better to give them shirts with 'JGP (insert color) Medalist' or something that way it'll be of use at least

reneerose

Final Flight
The gulf in scores in the top four... BETWEEN the top four are anime-level ridiculous... people will scroll by on Wikipedia and wonder what the heck happened :devil: :laugh2:

As always, Nathan is just so thoughtful and elegant right on the spot, and of course he wouldn't want the camera to stare at him during Jason's k&c come on!! Btw his interview went so much better than like every other winner's interview I've seen this season :laugh: Both Nate and his translator were ON POINT.

Nathan was so very appreciative of the fans in his interview, that was great to see! He respects the "raining of the Poohs" :)

LadyB

Record Breaker
I think they fought hard in the FS. That's the best FS ive seen from Misha.
They definitely fought back. Losing one spot is a shame. But looking at ice dance, it was the same situation. The whole world fell apart for the proud Russian ice dance nation and boy, did they come back this time!

frida80

Record Breaker
Take all the naps you want, and while I'm not that upset about Junhwan's results I'm goddamn upset about the state of his ankles :dbana: Why do my two TCC men disregard their precious, precious ankles so

I’m srill so angry that he had to do another competition before Worlds. I just can’t. I know that one wasn’t Kfed’s fault, but still. :curse: he was magnificent in December. Why? Why?

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I’m still so angry that he had to do another competition before Worlds. I just can’t. I know that one wasn’t Kfed’s fault, but still. :curse: he was magnificent in December. Why? Why?

That one... (deep sigh) Blame it on college and him being in 12th grade this year, and I'm still, yes two months later still frustrated at him because he could've won the thing with only triples and 2As BUT he attempted three quads and landed two of them (not to mention all the 3As :dbana:) KSU is of course the root of all evil and can go to hell and beyond, but 1)that darling needs to take care of his ankles more and 2)HE NEEDS GODDAMN FITTING BOOTS :bang:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Always disappointed for those who didn’t have the skate they worked so hard for, but what a great competition overall. Congratulations to the medalists!

Yes, some men must be very disappointed with themselves.

The medalists however were so much better in content and presentation. Those three skaters delivered awesome performances!!!

One thing struck me, the medalists are all very slight. Seems rotating those multiple quads and difficult series and sequences favours a slight and lean body shape.
While the compact and short skaters like Majorov, Messing, etc. are probably better in the power jumps, this leaves the tall and lanky skaters like Morisvilli, Brezina etc somewhere standing in the middle.

frida80

Record Breaker
That one... (deep sigh) Blame it on college and him being in 12th grade this year, and I'm still, yes two months later still frustrated at him because he could've won the thing with only triples and 2As BUT he attempted three quads and landed two of them (not to mention all the 3As :dbana:) KSU is of course the root of all evil and can go to hell and beyond, but 1)that darling needs to take care of his ankles more and 2)HE NEEDS GODDAMN FITTING BOOTS :bang:

Young, Yelim, Dabin and Jun all had boot trouble!!!! I can’t believe four top athletes had struggles with equipment this year! Something big has to be done! This was ridiculous!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Young, Yelim, Dabin and Jun all had boot trouble!!!! I can’t believe four top athletes had struggles with equipment this year! Something big has to be done! This was ridiculous!

:palmf: I can't believe it happened either, well not Junhwan because he never has fitting boots :dbana: Really, we should award a company that manages to make Junhwan boots that last more than a month :bang:

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Oh no don’t say that! It’s been a lovely WC. So many great performances.

I know it was, the competiton was fierce and great but I am emotionally wrecked and gutted for Yuzu [emoji26] I will give it to Nathan though, he is one tough cookie and deserved it.

Damn you quad sal for eternity!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Y'know at this point for the JGP it just might be better to give them shirts with 'JGP (insert color) Medalist' or something that way it'll be of use at least

Better yet "I won Gold/Silver/Bronze at JGP France and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!"

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
And congratulations to Vincent, too. Two Americans on the World podium. When was the last tine we saw that in men’s skating?

After the season Vincent has had, I’m so proud. The only things to make it better would be Jason in 4th and PJ in the Free.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I know it was, the competiton was fierce and great but I am emotionally wrecked and gutted for Yuzu [emoji26] I will give it to Nathan though, he is one tough cookie and deserved it.

Damn you quad sal for eternity!

I'm sad that Yuzuru didn't get to win either, but I'm trying to think that it could be a chance for him to care more for his ankles (and not the way around and make him care less god forbid). As a notorious fangirl what I do is: 1)be upset for a while 2)look at cat pictures or something else that makes me smile nonetheless 3)try to forget about it for a while 4)think of the future and believe it's going to turn out better, way better. If it helps I can send you some cat pictures via PM

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States

If Korean is your first language, your facility with English is truly remarkable, respect! :) Sorry about Jun, the good thing is that he’s so young and still very far from reaching his potential. I’m really looking forward to seeing him develop in the years to come!