2020-21 U.S. Ice Dance | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2020-21 U.S. Ice Dance

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Today's lovely new article about Logan Bye, one of my very biggest favorites 🥰:

A belated congratulatory mention in this thread that Joel Dear/Inese Bucevica were among the four PSA nominees for 2021 Developmental Coach of the Year. They also were among the four nominees in 2020.
Best of luck to Team Oona/Gage in the new season!

ETA (on Jun 24):

Making note for posterity that virtual USFS ice dance camp is happening at the moment, according to bits that I have seen on social media. (The timing make sense: Camp traditionally takes place right after Chesapeake Open, which originally was scheduled for this week.)

Random observation that in one of the Instastories, I believe I heard the voice of Madi Hubbell teaching an off-ice dance class that some juniors were taking virtually.​

Last edited:

dancelion21

On the Ice
Vadym Kolesnik did an interview in Russian where he announced that he has a new partner and they've been skating together for two months, but he hasn't given a name. Only that she's young, she's been skating with Igor, and that she has no competitive ice dance experience. He says that they will be competing domestically as seniors next year and their programs will be choreographed by Charlie and Tanith White. Here's the Twitter thread with the interview.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I'm thankful that Vadym will continue to be a U.S. ice dancer. 🇺🇸
It's almost the best part of the news.

And the best part is that he has found a partner and will return to competing. 🥳
I'm happy for him, and happy for everyone who has been missing him.

It also was lovely that at one point in today's very long interview, Vadym (once again) wished Avonley only success and the very best.
(I hope that sooner or later, she too will have an update to share. :pray:)

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I just noticed that the junior team, DelCamp/Somerville, who placed third at 2021 U.S. Nationals, are not on the ISP list, nor in the 2021-22 Team Envelope.

Does anyone know what has happened to them? Katarina hasn't posted on her Instagram in awhile either, the last time I looked. Are they taking time off, or leaving the sport entirely, I wonder? I really have enjoyed watching them. Ian was also successful with his former partner. Is illness or injury involved in this competitive absence?

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I just noticed that the junior team, DelCamp/Somerville, who placed third at 2021 U.S. Nationals, are not on the ISP list, nor in the 2021-22 Team Envelope.

Does anyone know what has happened to them? Katarina hasn't posted on her Instagram in awhile either, the last time I looked. Are they taking time off, or leaving the sport entirely, I wonder? I really have enjoyed watching them. Ian was also successful with his former partner. Is illness or injury involved in this competitive absence?
they appeared to be in a relationship so perhaps something went wrong there? Dating your partner when you're still only 16/17 is always a risky decision!

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
they appeared to be in a relationship so perhaps something went wrong there? Dating your partner when you're still only 16/17 is always a risky decision!
No, I'm not talking about that at all. If it was simply a team split, we'd know sooner rather than later. It could be anything related to personal or family illness or worse, but hopefully it's not of that nature. Maybe it's about a change in career focus and goal-setting. It is unusual with the steady progress they were making. But the pandemic has led to a change in mindset for many athletes. I wish D/S and their families well. They are a joy to watch. ❤️

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I just noticed that the junior team, DelCamp/Somerville, who placed third at 2021 U.S. Nationals, are not on the ISP list, nor in the 2021-22 Team Envelope. ...

A friendly FYI that @dancelion21 had started the 2021-22 U.S. Ice Dance thread two days ago.

This morning the topic of DelCamp/Somerville had been raised over there -- to make note of what the USFS lists were showing.

(AFAIK, no light has been shed by either partner or by their coaches or anyone affiliated with the skaters.
At this point, nothing is public knowledge except the USFS lists.)

Last edited: