2021-2022 Team China Update | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 Team China Update

Skatesocs

Final Flight
dont forget - the training model is different from a lot of other countries. in china, the fed pays for everything,,,, if you dont want to be part of the system, it's difficult for the fed to manage things...
Hey, are there any rumours about whether we'll see the skaters compete outside China at all? W/L withdrawing from NHK is very worrying, and I don't know about the restrictions around Beijing.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
...'forced' to be done. The gossiping messages from Chinese forum (Baidu) hinted that the same will happen/is happening to Hongyi as well, as she's no longer part of the National team.
Even Hongyi?!
That's weird since she's probably their best senior currently. Well, they ended Zijun too so i guess it isn't surprising.

yqs100

On the Ice
Key athletes of team China just revealed their Olympic season programs

Sui Han recycled the program of bridge over troubled water
SP - mission impossible 2

Peng/Jin
SP - moonlight + no one by Alicia keys
LP - the banquet soundtrack

Boyang Jin
SP - Recycled hidden dragon
LP - Bolero

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Boyang JIN
SP: Night Fight, Eternal Vow (from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon ost) by Tan Dun
LP: Invocacion y Danza by Joaquin Rodrigo, performed by Milos Karadaglic, Bolero by Maurice Ravel

Wenjing SUI/ Cong HAN
SP: Mission Impossible 2 Orchestra Suite: Part 2 by Hans Zimmer (ETA: Has now been changed to Mission Impossible 2 Orchestra Suite: Part 1)
LP: Bridge Over Troubled Water by John Legend, Paul Simon

Cheng PENG/Yang JIN
SP: Piano & I: Moonlight Sonata, No One - Alicia Keys
LP: Exile To Snowy West, Only For Love, Sword Dance from The Banquet soundtrack by Tan Dun

So not quite recycled SP for Jin (different music, same soundtrack), nor just Bolero. Sui/Han do indeed recycle Bridge Over Troubled Water, but it will be modified for 4 minutes instead of 4:30. New programs for Peng/Jin.

Last edited:

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Ma boy Boyang … :( I wonder who can help him.
Maybe you can post in the fan fest. He said he wanted to go in the worlds interview IIRC, but I guess it wasn't possible. In the past, he used to work well with his coaches. I hope this off-season was good for him, and he wasn't too sad about all the circumstances...

icybear

Medalist
Bolero for Boyang. An recycled sp from the last olympic. Seriously? Sometimes I seriously believe Lori is trying to sabotage the team China whilst leeching off tons of bucks because we all know she isnt cheap.
And a recycled program for Sui/Han. Bridge over troubled water is good but at a home olympics, they need brand new programs
I think Peng Jin is the luckiest of the bunch. 2 new programs

yqs100

On the Ice
Bolero for Boyang. An recycled sp from the last olympic. Seriously? Sometimes I seriously believe Lori is trying to sabotage the team China whilst leeching off tons of bucks because we all know she isnt cheap.
And a recycled program for Sui/Han. Bridge over troubled water is good but at a home olympics, they need brand new programs

why need new programs? bridge only skated twice in 16-17' season, and no clean performance yet. its the program helped sui/han reached the top of the podium, imo its a great program to hit the high note and end their career (highly possible).

if they can get the olympic gold, then its a fabulous.
if they cant, then its a great opportunity for the fans to archive a clean program (hopefully).

plus, when you look at the 2018 olympic champions,,, can you please tell me in the men/ladies/pairs, who didnt recycle at least one program??

readernick

Medalist
I imagine Lori isn't making much money out of a recycled program. If it were only about money, she would definitely make a completely new program. I think Sui/ Han know they need to be completely clean to win the Olympics and learning new choreo might take the focus off the technical aspects of skating. Sui needs to land her SBS jumps. They know this...

Lori seems inspired by Peng/Jin. I love the programs she creates for them. Glad they will get two new programs.

Bolero is, certainly, a very uninspired choice but ( sorry if this sounds rude) I can't imagine Boyang is the type of skater who inspires Lori's best work. He definitely isn't a choreographer's dream skater.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
why need new programs? bridge only skated twice in 16-17' season, and no clean performance yet. its the program helped sui/han reached the top of the podium, imo its a great program to hit the high note and end their career (highly possible).
Personally, I am just worried about how it'll look, with less time to go, and without Lori being able to help them directly (she'll only be on video call).

I wish the SP were different. They did that fantastic gala at 2019 Worlds which I wish had been reworked as the SP. It would be far and away different from what anyone else can do (and even have the talent to produce). Mission Impossible... come on.

I'll reserve further judgment when we see the programs for the key players.

yqs100

On the Ice
I imagine Lori isn't making much money out of a recycled program. If it were only about money, she would definitely make a completely new program. I think Sui/ Han know they need to be completely clean to win the Olympics and learning new choreo might take the focus off the technical aspects of skating. Sui needs to land her SBS jumps. They know this...

Lori seems inspired by Peng/Jin. I love the programs she creates for them. Glad they will get two new programs.

Bolero is, certainly, a very uninspired choice but ( sorry if this sounds rude) I can't imagine Boyang is the type of skater who inspires Lori's best work. He definitely isn't a choreographer's dream skater.
maybe lori charges a package consulting fee,,,again for this level, I dont think money is an issue for both sides, im sure there will be touchups to adapt the recycled programs for the new rules.

lori only choreographed peng/jin's long program.

readernick

Medalist
maybe lori charges a package consulting fee,,,again for this level, I dont think money is an issue for both sides, im sure there will be touchups to adapt the recycled programs for the new rules.

lori only choreographed peng/jin's long program.
Thanks for the information. I look forward to seeing the new programs!

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Anyway, I like the SP choices made for Zhiming Peng and Hengxin Jin a lot. Hope we get a great skate from them at Asian Open! Would love to see where Yudong is currently, too, and how the two new Pairs (W/H and Z/Y) are doing.

Unfortunately, no senior TES mins for a lot of them. Wonder if CSA will have them do a CS at some point (but I believe a lot have been cancelled). Asian Open I think has lost CS status for the season. Yudong is technically at GP Italy still, and can get them there. And I think W/H achieved their mins at Nebelhorn.

Moaray

Rinkside
Maybe you can post in the fan fest. He said he wanted to go in the worlds interview IIRC, but I guess it wasn't possible. In the past, he used to work well with his coaches. I hope this off-season was good for him, and he wasn't too sad about all the circumstances...
Well, it is still the best option for Jin to train with Xu and Fu, because Jin cannot go to Canada at this moment because of the pandemic and silly administrative reasons by Evil Shen and Zhao, and he could only attend the online courses if he still wants to train with Orser.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Well, it is still the best option for Jin to train with Xu and Fu, because Jin cannot go to Canada at this moment because of the pandemic and silly administrative reasons by Evil Shen and Zhao, and he could only attend the online courses if he still wants to train with Orser.
Oh right, did anyone say why these skaters didn't even try to go to Canada? Jin (+ Yudong + the women + dance teams) aren't with Shen/Zhao either anymore, they're with Bin Yao, last I heard. And still concerned if the administration is so poor that they'll get to compete outside China at all this season... No CS events is concerning (but that has less to do with CSA, since they were set for Asian Open).

Moaray

Rinkside
Oh right, did anyone say why these skaters didn't even try to go to Canada? Jin (+ Yudong + the women + dance teams) aren't with Shen/Zhao either anymore, they're with Bin Yao, last I heard. And still concerned if the administration is so poor that they'll get to compete outside China at all this season... No CS events is concerning (but that has less to do with CSA, since they were set for Asian Open).
But the rights of any international travel and attending any competitions are still decided and controlled by CFSA.