2021 Asian Open: Women's Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 Asian Open: Women's Free Skate

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yes! Good total score too. I’m so happy for her. Her PCS score seems low. But, a 70+ TES score means I think she skated cleanly and skated her best.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Additional Q: since AO is no longer a CS competition, do skaters still earn points (counting as B-level?) towards ranking?

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Now, it is time for Kaori! Go slay. Fingers crossed for a 140+ and clean skate for Kaori.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Additional Q: since AO is no longer a CS competition, do skaters still earn points (counting as B-level?) towards ranking?
Good question. I have no idea. I thought this was a challenger event. But, with how easy the competition is over here, It would be unfair to give ranking points as third place is the lady from HK and she would get the same amount of points as Aliona 😮

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow! Looks like Kaori did not skate well. She got beaten by Mai at this event. This is shocking to me. I hope she is ready next week for Skate America.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Oh Kaori...it still requires some more practices to figure out the FS. Continuous competitions could also be a factor.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
It's also that Kaori's FS program is recently revised (around JO, Benoit was in Japan personally to work on programs with Kaori). I think she still needs time to get elements sorting out.