2021 Cranberry Cup Int'l - Senior Pairs FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2021 Cranberry Cup Int'l - Senior Pairs FS

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
What shade would you suggest though, since you don't like this shade? I think they look fine. I like their fp costumes. This shade goes well with Vlad's red hair and with Evgenia's blond good looks.

There's no doubt that a lot of thought and reflection by Eteri, T/M, the costume designer, and even Max & Zhulin, went into this choice.

It's a deep, rich shade of gray, with sparkles. The design and cut of Vlad's top is particularly flattering on him. A matter of taste, if you don't like the 'shade.' The SP costumes are interesting. Not bad. But I really like the FS costumes.

ETA:
I have to admit I barely realized Zhenya did a costume change during the sp. LOL! I think the first dress look was good enough, and they really didn't need the change gimmick. The change had nothing to do with the actual program in terms of adding anything to telling a story. It's just an Eteri gimmick. Not necessary.
I still don’t like it.

Evgenia has ‘g’ like in ‘go’, but the private form of a name changes it into zh, closer to Eugene. It will be consequently spelled differently in Russian as well, as in Евгения vs Женя

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ Thanks for that spliced video compilation of so many different skaters pronouncing their names. Very interesting. However, I only saw Yevgenia Medvedeva in one of the clips, not Evgenia Tarasova.

Anyway it's nice to know that my initial way of pronouncing Evgenia (with 'g' sound as in 'go') is accurate. Thanks!