6Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nikita VOLODIN
GER.GIF
GER

No.
Names
Nation
1Deanna STELLATO-DUDEK / Maxime DESCHAMPS
SP: "Oxygene" by Cirque du Soleil; "Oxygene" by Karl Hugo
FS: "Interview With a Vampire" (soundtrack); "Interview With a Vampire" arranged by Karl Hugo; choreo by Julie Marcotte

Fan Fest:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/deanna-stellato-dudek-maxime-deschamps.90275/
CAN
2Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nikita VOLODIN
SP: "Stay" by Rihanna, Mikky Ekko
FS: " The Path of Silence, Power of Mind" by Anne-Sophie Versnaeyen, Gabriel Saban, Phillipe Briand; choreo by Paul Boll; Mark Pillay

Fan Fest:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/minerva-fabienne-hase-nikita-volodin.96212/
GER
3Lia PEREIRA / Trennt MICHAUD
SP: “River” by Bishop Briggs
FS: "Slaves to Rome" (from "The Gladiator") by Hans Zimmer; "Honor Him" (from "The Gladiator") by Hans Zimmer; "Now We Are Free" (from "The Gladiator") by Hans Zimmer, Lisa Gerrard; choreo by Alison Purkiss

Fan Fest:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/lia-pereira-trennt-michaud.94556/
CAN
4Sara CONTI / Niccolo MACII
SP: "Cavalleria Rusticana Intermezzo" by Pietro Mascagni
FS: "Nuovo Cinema Paradiso" (soundtrack) by Ennio Morricone; "Cinema Paradiso' (from Cinema Paradiso soundtrack) by Ennio Morricone; choreo by Raffaella Cazzaniga

Fan Fest:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/sara-conti-niccolo-macii.89492/
ITA
WDAnnika HOCKE / Robert KUNKEL
SP: "I Love Rock n Roll" by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts; "Voulez-Vous" by Philip Michael, Christine Baranski, Julie Walters & Stellan Skarsgård
FS: "Without You (Extended)" by Ursine Vulpine & Annaca; choreo by Anna Cappellini, Luca Lanotte

Fan Fest:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...Hocke-amp-Robert-Kunkel&p=2524075#post2524075
GER
5Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI
SP: "L'Estasi Dell'Oro (The Ecstasy Of Gold)" by Ennio Morricone; "The Ecstasy of Gold" by Metallica, Ennio Morricone
FS: "The Brides" (Bram Stoker's Dracula soundtrack) by Wojciech Kilar; "Blood for Dracula (Main Title)" by Joohyun Park; "Vampire Hunters" (Bram Stoker's Dracula soundtrack) by Wojciech Kilar; choreo by Luca Lanotte

Fan Fest:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/rebecca-ghilardi-filippo-ambrosini.88569/
ITA
6Maria PAVLOVA / Alexei SVIATCHENKO
SP: 'Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen
FS: "My Perception Of Love"!by Benjamin Amaru; "Iron 2021" by Woodkid; choreo by Sofia Evdokimova

Fan Fest: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/maria-pavlova-alexei-sviatchenko.94626/unread
HUN

Last edited:

QuadThrow

Medalist
This is really going to be the showdown I was hoping for. Hase/Volodin delivered and Stellato-Dudek/Deschamps made some little mistakes. Let us look at the advantages and weaknesses the pairs have:

Twist: Both pairs are really strong. H/V only go for level 3. SD/D gain probably 0.5 points here.

SBS: H/V have this spectactular 3T+2A+2A. If clean it will give them huge points! SD/D only go for the 3T+1A+2A. The Canadians maybe struggle with the 3S. H/V need be stronger here to win.

Throws: Both pairs are quite equal.

Lifts/Spin/DS: SD/D are the only pair to perfom a FoDs(3). H/V are (only) capable of a BoDs2. On the other hand the German pair spin is stellar! Lift are quite equal. Canadian lifts are very unique and dramatic. German lifts are classic and huge.

Choreography: SD/D can outperform the Germans with the Vampire program because their overall presence is superior. In my book they need to be clean! This vampire program falls apart with mistakes. The German program always works. It has some magic in it and does not rely on clean elements so much.

General shape: The Germans seem to become better every competition while the Canadians have never been super consistent. Nevertheless Nikita Volodin was sick during the last week. He may have problemes with his endurance tomorrow.

My prediction: It is going to be close but I think the Germans may do it because Pair´s free skating is coming down to the SBS these days. Watch the jump combo tomorrow! It probably is the decider.

PS: The Hungarians also do 3T+2A+2A. There could be two Savin-Teams on the podium!

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is really going to be the showdown I was hoping for. Hase/Volodin delivered and Stellato-Dudek/Deschamps made some little mistakes. Let us look at the advantages and weaknesses the pairs have:

Twist: Both pairs are really strong. H/V only go for level 3. SD/D gain probably 0.5 points here.

SBS: H/V have this spectactular 3T+2A+2A. If clean it will give them huge points! SD/D only go for the 3T+1A+2A. The Canadians maybe struggle with the 3S. H/V need be stronger here to win.

Throws: Both pairs are quite equal.

Lifts/Spin/DS: SD/D are the only pair to perfom a FoDs(3). H/V are (only) capable of a BoDs2. On the other hand the German pair spin is stellar! Lift are quite equal. Canadian lifts are very unique and dramatic. German lifts are classic and huge.

Choreography: SD/D can outperform the Germans with the Vampire program because their overall presence is superior. In my book they need to be clean! This vampire program falls apart with mistakes. The German program always works. It has some magic in it and does not rely on clean elements so much.

General shape: The Germans seem to become better every competition while the Canadians have never been super consistent. Nevertheless Nikita Volodin was sick during the last week. He may have problemes with his endurance tomorrow.

My prediction: It is going to be close but I think the Germans may do it because Pair´s free skating is coming down to the SBS these days. Watch the jump combo tomorrow! It probably is the decider.

PS: The Hungarians also do 3T+2A+2A. There could be two Savin-Teams on the podium!
Very nice breakdown of the two teams. May both skate well!

withwings

On the Ice
I have not yet had an opportunity to watch SP in its fullness but from what I have seen so far, I was left in impressions that Lia is not quite herself, not usual sparky Lia. She seemed tired (or under jetlag?) I very much hope she is not sick and will skate today with joy and renewed energy. The same to all other teams- spark of joy and new energy.

Last edited:

zebobes

Final Flight
Does anyone else think that it is weird that Senior Pairs finishes so early in the competition? I suppose no Chinese pair made it to the final this year, but I would have thought that considering this is China, they would want it to be in a more prominent position.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Does anyone else think that it is weird that Senior Pairs finishes so early in the competition? I suppose no Chinese pair made it to the final this year, but I would have thought that considering this is China, they would want it to be in a more prominent position.

Pairs have hardly any recovery time, men a lot...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yea.. i was surprised about that too... maybe they want to hide it to their public that they have a hard time rebuilding.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Warm-Up Group 1
1 Lia PEREIRA / Trennt MICHAUD CAN
2 Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI ITA
3 Maria PAVLOVA / Alexei SVIATCHENKO HUN

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
I actually hadn't even noticed that. In my day (back when we strapped animal bones to our feet to slide across the ice), pairs was always the first event completed at every competition because we didn't have compulsories like the singles and dancers. We gave the audience something to watch :popcorn: while the others did figures and compulsory dances that bored all but the most diehard fans. :bed: