2021 Golden Spin of Zagreb: Pairs Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2021 Golden Spin of Zagreb: Pairs Short Program

gold12345

Medalist
Misha and Audrey are 3 hundredths of a point from Alexa/Brandon ! Wow

Alexa/Brandon botched their twist pretty good today, so that explains the 66. They skated well overall, better than their last event where they scored 70, but they probably got -GOE and Level 1 on the twist. It was probably the worst twist they've ever done. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been overthinking on the twist to make sure they're getting the levels, and it's throwing them off a bit. They need to just do the twist like normal and not stress about it, because I don't think any technical caller is as strict as the one at GP France was.

Seeing their twist and then James/Radford's complete disaster on their twist reminds me that these are still newer pairs and weird mistakes will sometimes happen.

LadyB

Record Breaker
i vote for the latter, think if anybody skated to just the same 3 songs like already happens in dance (remember the tango season? or the musical/Grease seasons?)
Pop, six, squish, uh-uh, Cicero, Lipschitz - He had it coming..
... and you know how much I loved every second of it! :laugh:

Sackie

Medalist
come on, they're behind them by an hair, it's basically a tie and it's just the short
True but it will probably mean Jessica and Brian get to skate in the final group for the free. And we know those in the final group have an advantage.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
B. Nagy = Pizzazz and Precision. Good with new partner! I really enjoyed that. oh yes, and the twist lift Right On the Music. :love:

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
i vote for the latter, think if anybody skated to just the same 3 songs like already happens in dance (remember the tango season? or the musical/Grease seasons?)
I think there will be a bunch of West Side Story programs next season because of the new movie.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Pop, six, squish, uh-uh, Cicero, Lipschitz - He had it coming..
... and you know how much I loved every second of it! :laugh:
i like musicals too but not listening to the same pieces over and over again and i think the 390th Grease was enough for me for a lifetime