2021 Ice Star | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 Ice Star

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Nastya G landed everything far better today than either SPB cup stages we have seen her on. her music is jarring tho, this version of S.O.S is just hard on the ears.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Vika needs a coach to help her refine her presentation. It all looks promising but still a bit rough.

I don't know what kind of stuff the rink DJ is doing, but I want some. Or maybe I don't.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Gosh, never seen Mozalev this cautious, but he is getting there 🙏❤️ wonder what he jumped/didn’t

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Mozalev landed the quads today, his hand came down on one! His only big mistake was a fall on 3A so he did really good today. He was so cautious when going into the quads.
Was hand down on 4S? I guess protocols will be out soonish.

Milyukov skated pretty good, with just one pop. At a wild guess, he is their Olympic entry if Belarus has Olympic entry? They should, right?

Andrea82

Medalist
Was hand down on 4S? I guess protocols will be out soonish.

Milyukov skated pretty good, with just one pop. At a wild guess, he is their Olympic entry if Belarus has Olympic entry? They should, right?

Yes, they have 1 Olympic spot because Milyukov finished 17th at 2021 World Championships.

I think Lebedev is their current #2. So yes, Milyukov is pretty far ahead.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Milyukov is quite good. Maybe not spectacular in presentation, but solid and with good flow. The pop ruined it a little because he lost confidence afterwards. But he boosted his PB by almost 20 points, congrats!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Protocols are out. The 4S< for Mozalev and he got q on both 4T and 3A with hand/fall

Oops, sorry for repeat post.

But both got StSq4, heh.

Serbian judge still had no appreciation for Mozalev’s skating but it improved a little. I guess the spread eagles helped, lol

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Protocols are out. The 4S< for Mozalev and he got q on both 4T and 3A with hand/fall

But both got StSq4, heh.

Serbian judge still had no appreciation for Mozalev’s skating but it improved a little. I guess the spread eagles helped, lol
Why do you think it was the Serb? Are the columns no longer randomized?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oh, I didn’t know they were. I thought they were in protocol in the same order they were introduced. Maybe the yesterday’s guy who didn’t like his SS and Transition was the guy today who didn’t like his performance and music interpretation. Honestly, can’t argue with that, since he was all in making those jumps

Andrea82

Medalist

Not anymore. 2016 ISU Congress abolished the anonymous judging.

In this case, the order is
J1 is Mr. Slobodan DELIC (Serbia)
J2 is Ms. Rengin GUNAYDIN (Turkey)
J3 is Ms. Alexandra KORCHAGINA (Russia)
J4 is Ms. Oksana DOLHOPOLOVA (Ukraine)
J5 is Ms. Marina STUPEN (Belarus)

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker

But both got StSq4, heh.

Don't worry, i will have a small chat with him about it. But somebody need to find Ukranian judge too, she was the wrong one this time :biggrin:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Tbh, I was about to commend Ukrainian judge on her integrity, because no question, his performance suffered to what he usually does. Was it below 7? Dunno. But he certainly will have it better once he skates this routine with confidence. But honestly, I am glad that transitions score was better because come on, spread eagles are pretty. Maybe he should consider leg kicks after each jump or something… 😅🤣

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Oh dear, poor Anastasia. There is visible potential, but this was rough and lacked energy. Popping jumps and finishing way after the music doesn't help either. Problems with training regime?

Yesterday the DJ was on drugs, today he is on Beatles?!

Last edited: