2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: Women's Free Skate | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: Women's Free Skate

Sjs5572

Final Flight

readernick

Medalist
So no UR or even q for Kurakova? :rolleye:
This is a bit strange. Although, I will say this is the first time I have seen her skate where the URs weren't too noticeable in real time. I do find it a bit hard to believe she was the only skater with fully rotated jumps. But, I guess miracles happen. She is adorable. Glad she got the silver medal.

readernick

Medalist
I would call it too, as i called her Flip in SP :drama: I really think that sometimes her flip edge should be better. And not just hers. Trusova's too.
Trusova's is truly outside sometimes. Alysa's is at worst flat. However, what I find strange is how many flip edges judges like to call compared to flutzes. More women flutz than lip but I notice technical callers ignore flutzes and call lips. It is interesting to me. It seems inconsistent.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Trusova's is truly outside sometimes. Alysa's is at worst flat. However, what I find strange is how many flip edges judges like to call compared to flutzes. More women flutz than lip but I notice technical callers ignore flutzes and call lips. It is interesting to me. It seems inconsistent.
It sometimes really depends on a judge's 'taste'. Do you remember that one time when they called Kaori's flip and not her lutz? :shrug:

Last edited:

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Also, I love Kurakova, but it's hysterical that her Lutz wasn't called on her three jump combo, but Alysa's flips were.

deedee1

Record Breaker
We don't know yet. Technically she has qualified for a spot at the OWG. But Sweden's policies are very strict, and she might be dropped because of them.
okay. thanks. ;;; What was her mission/order by her Fed to be completed, I'd wonder, to win this competition over Alysa, a podium finish or something? I clearly remember the Swedish Fed did the same to Sasha Majorov four years ago. So so so sad.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Congrats to Alysa for another challenger win. She has maxed out the points she can earn from the Challenger circuit and earned them without having to face a Russian. Her scores here is more of what I expect for her to receive in The international Senior GP Circuit. She really needs the 3A , if she wants to contend in her Senior GP events. But, she really is a joy to watch. Congrats to the EX Russians who also qualified for the Olympics. I thought Katya skated the best free skate here. With a stronger SP skate and the same skate she skated here, she could top 200 score this year. Also, kudos to Josefine. She is the best performer and if I was a judge, she would get the highest PCS scores from me.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
This is a bit strange. Although, I will say this is the first time I have seen her skate where the URs weren't too noticeable in real time. I do find it a bit hard to believe she was the only skater with fully rotated jumps. But, I guess miracles happen. She is adorable. Glad she got the silver medal.
But they were noticeable. I would understand if tech panel wouldn't be that strict with everybody, but they were. So I'm very surprised.
She skated good and deserved a spot, but this "help" was too obvious.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Maybe Borowicz agreed to go along with Olga on Alysa, if Olga agreed to call Kurakova's lutz on three jump combo clean. Both calls seemed pretty egregious to me.
But they called Kurakova's flip too. As Shabotova's and both Zinga's flips etc etc Maybe this panel is just more strict about flip edge than some other panels. As Amano is more strict about rotation than the others.

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Alysa for another challenger win. She has maxed out the points she can earn from the Challenger circuit and earned them without having to face a Russian.

Well, according to you and @flanker, she already did have to face 3 Russians.

Her scores here is more of what I expect for her to receive in The international Senior GP Circuit. She really needs the 3A , if she wants to contend in her Senior GP events. But, she really is a joy to watch. Congrats to the EX Russians who also qualified for the Olympics.

@flanker said:
So, we will see 6 russian women at the olympics actually :)

And ... with Alysa's hard work and the incredible progress she's made over the past 8 to 9 months, I trust she'll have that 3A soon. After all the grief people have given Alysa, complaining she needed to change her jumping technique, she actually did it, and has shown in 2 ISU Challenger Series events that she can make that technique stick in competition.

Here's an article from earlier in September discussing how she and her coaches accomplished that.