2021 Skate Canada Challenge: Senior Ladies | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate Canada Challenge: Senior Ladies

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
the main difference is that Madeline is able to put 3toes after jumps... we didn't see big combo from Alison... it will be tight

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Alison was nice (popped loop aside). I would really like to see her emote more with the face and perform some more but Ithink she used to be even more serious so it's coming along.

rain

Record Breaker
Well, Kaiya showing she's not invincible. Still, lots of potential. Wonder if she'll stay on the podium.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Too bad about the mistakes, but I completely adore Kaiya. She is so cute and seems like a wonderful human being. It looks like she has grown quite a bit since last year, so she has done well to maintain her jumps as well as she has. She needs more speed and power, but hopefully that will come as she grows and develops.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I love Kaiya 😍. She is so adorable and she went for it. She reminds me of Alysa Liu in her joy of figure skating ⛸. I liked her program. This might have been good enough for a medal 👏

abbykitty

Rinkside
gutsy skate for Kaiya. good for her for going for 3Lz-1Eu-3Sal and 3F-3T in the 2nd half of her program. still young and lots of potential and charisma. I think Maddi won this though...biggest surprise of the competition.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
oh that free was worse than I expected, but makes sense considering the under/downgrade

rankings are definitely fine overall

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The standings make sense to me. 3th and 4th place were interchangeable to me. Daleman’s huge PCS score made the difference. I’m happy with the top 2 skaters. Madeline was the clear winner and Champion.

abbykitty

Rinkside
decent competition. wasn't expecting much from these ladies, but there's actually hope for Canadian ladies after all. especially Maddi with her huge improvements in tech content and overall skating in such a short amount of time. Alison and Kaiya are also promising young skaters as well....and even Catherine Carle who was somewhat robbed overall given her tech content and consistency in both the SP and FS.

if Gabby gets to full form next season...and Alicia Pineault and Aurora Cotop back from injury, there could actually be an interesting competition for Olympic spots next year.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just checked the protocols. The judges really were very strict with their calls. Which I appreciate. This is how I think they would score internationally. Madeline’s jump technique is really good. She received no UR’s beside a q on her loop. Good for her! I think she needs to work on the PCS side. I didn’t really like her free skate music choice and she needs to feel the music more. She is progressing every year.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Kaiya's always had some limitations (which, to be clear, she's 14, that's totally fine; we seldom if ever have somebody who's this technically proficient this young), but I'm glad the more experienced seniors were actually able to skate well enough that she couldn't just take it on base value. She's got really ambitious content that hopefully she will continue to refine.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kaiya has grown some, but at 14, she has a lot more growing still to come. It's going to be up and down for her for the next two years.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
They interviewed Madeline just now. She has a good head on her shoulder. She was able to learn the triple lutz during the pandemic and mentioned that what she needs to work on the most, is the PCS score. She mentioned that she wants to add an extra triple lutz to her free program instead of the loop and she wants to try to learn the triple axel and quad toe during the off season prior to the Olympic season.

abbykitty

Rinkside
I love Maddi, she's so smart, well-spoken and self-aware, and knows exactly what she needs to work on. Funny that the Olympics wasn't even on her radar last year, and now it seems like she's looking to be competitive on an international level. Her technique is so solid, I have no doubt that she will be successful adding the triple axel and quad toe to her repertoire. Looking forward to seeing her improvements throughout the year.