2021 Warsaw Cup: Women's Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2021 Warsaw Cup: Women's Free Skate

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Incredibly unsatisfying womens' competition. Maiia takes it as expected, but with some truly ugly skating--she looks tired. Why she was even entered in this competition is beyond me. Some funky judging in SP and FS ensured that Lindsay would be out of the medals, but not surprising when you look at the Tech Panel. Cute as Petrokina and Kurakova are, Lindsay should have had the silver here.

Just Yuck to the whole mess.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's ironic that Lindsay is skating to the Queen's Gambit because her skating is a calculating and methodical as chess. I really want to not only see more speed but a bit more abandon from her skating. That's what made Gracie so exciting especially as a Junior was her speed power and attack and huge jumps which when she landed them got huge scores and GOE and i think Lindsay's lack of speed hurts her GOE. I want more attack from her.

Last edited:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Also the competition between Finnish ladies (Emmi, Jenni, Oona at the moment) of the Olympic Spot and the spot for Euros is very tight. They count together two best competitions and they have rules which competitions local federation accepts. The woman, for Euros two of them, who has best counted scores will get the spot.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Maia landed 4Tā€™s in the warm up. But, that was a really rough free skate. She looked in poor shape in her short program unable to land a triple triple. But, this free skate, she was slow and really struggled to get her rotations with her triples. I also donā€™t like this program for her. It doesnā€™t suit her personality. A win is a win. But, I now have my doubts with whether or not sheā€™ll make the Grand Prix finals.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Did the rules change? Does the 2nd 4T not count as a combo anymore?
Protocols are already published. There stays 4t+ rep and she got 0 84 points from the second one. But if they count it as a failed combo, she had too many.

MaHa75

On the Ice
Incredibly unsatisfying womens' competition. Maiia takes it as expected, but with some truly ugly skating--she looks tired. Why she was even entered in this competition is beyond me. Some funky judging in SP and FS ensured that Lindsay would be out of the medals, but not surprising when you look at the Tech Panel. Cute as Petrokina and Kurakova are, Lindsay should have had the silver here.

Just Yuck to the whole mess.
Cant agree with you more!

MaHa75

On the Ice
Also the competition between Finnish ladies (Emmi, Jenni, Oona at the moment) of the Olympic Spot and the spot for Euros is very tight. They count together two best competitions and they have rules which competitions local federation accepts. The woman, for Euros two of them, who has best counted scores will get the spot.
Who is leading?

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I came in just in time for the last two groups. Too bad about Jenni and Maiia. I like the Finnish girls, and especially Emmi. Her artistry and musicality is great to watch. Lindsay has nerves of steel, and such nice jumps. I am sure the expression will come later. Kurakova is good and expressive but I can't enjoy her, she was so in-your-face all the time, practicing by the rinkside for days, and I find that annoying. Nicole and Natasha skated well too, and they're both so elegant. Overall, not a flawless event, but very enjoyable.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Who is leading?
Here you can see: https://www.stll.fi/maajoukkue/seasonbest/yl-jt-pl-arvokilpailuvalintojen-tilastot/ The first is ladies for EC and the one who will be suggested by Finnish Figure skating association to Olympics will be decided after it. Finnish Olympic committee makes the final decision if they send anyone, but usually Finland does if the there is a spot. Oona was leading before Warsaw Cup, but despite bad FS, I counted Jenni goes to lead now by about 5 points and Emmi just goes second ahead of Oona, by less than two points. The others have no many opportunities left to increase their points enough, I think.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Jenni's LP problems are getting worse. In the SP she got 36,39 for 7 elements and in the LP 36,94 for 12 elements (including fall deductions).
I wonder if it would help her to change the FS to an older one? Something lighter like Ladies in Lavender. This one seemed to distress her after the initial mistakes, so maybe something less solemn?