2022-23 U.S. Champs Camp | Golden Skate

2022-23 U.S. Champs Camp

Trusova4Ever

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I stumbled into champs camp at the DSC. Thought there was public skate but I got a show instead. I am currently sitting in front of Ilia Malinin. I was in time to see the ladies freeskate. I couldn't film but i took some pics. I met bradie lindsay gracie and ilia i saw chock and bates and many others. It was really cool! I will post the jumps and my thoughts when I get home.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@Trusova4Ever what a wonderful surprise!

I always thought that "outsiders" were not allowed to watch Champs Camp, so this is so cool. I would love your thoughts on the entire programs (not just jumps) if you have the time when it is over.

Enjoy:)

Trusova4Ever

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Here are my live thoughts on the ladies (I was furiously typing while trying to pay attention so sorry there arent more):

Gracie: Looks good, calm, confident, fast. 3Lz+3T, 3F, 3Lo, 2S popped, 3T+2T, 2Lz, 2A+2T+1Lo popped. Beautiful choreo sequence and choreo in general.

Gabriella Izzo: Wearing black training clothes, 2A, 1Lz popped, 3F, 1Lz popped, music has voice overs, lots of pausing and then skating (gaps in the program), 3F, 3Lo, 2A tape on her arm looking to be hurt maybe, skipping spins.

Starr: Blue dress, criss-cross strapping at the back, 3F+2A, 3F, 2A, 3T hand down, music je suis malade Lara Fabian, 3Lo, 3S step out hand down, 3Lo+2T+2T, not a lot of presentation/facial expressions, choreo matches the music, tired.

Amber: Wearing her dress from 2020 nationals I think, 2A, 3F+3T, 3S, 3Lo+2T, pausing, holding her shoulder, 2Lz popped+2T+1A popped, 3Lo, 3F, really phoning in the spins, holding her elbow immediately after, definitely looks hurt.

Bradie: Wearing old dress from 2020 nationals, 3Lz maybe under +2T, 3S or 3Lo, 3S, 2A, Anna's sp music with voice overs or vivaldi 4 seasons, long pause, good combo spin at the end.

Isabeau: 3Lz+3Lo small no flow, 3S, 2A, 3F, 3F+3T, 2A, 3Lz+2T+2Lo stumble, skates through the music sometimes, wow spins.

Audrey: Wearing a plainish red dress with a detail at the hip, I believe it may be an old dress, 3Lz maybe under, 3T+3T, 3S, 2A, 3Lz+3T, wow ina bauer, 1F popped, 3Lo.

Lindsay: 3Lz hand down fall, 3S, 2A, 2A foot touched into sit spin, successful cartwheel, 3Fe+2T 3Lz+2T+2Lo (did 3Lz+3Lo in warmup), 3Fe, this program is almost ethereal-like live, nice spins, isabeau next, jumps don't have distance live, look more under in person.

Last edited:

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Here are my live thoughts on the ladies (I was furiously typing while trying to pay attention so sorry there arent more):

Gracie: Looks good, calm, confident, fast. 3Lz+3T, 3F, 3Lo, 2S popped, 3T+2T, 2Lz, 2A+2T+1Lo popped. Beautiful choreo sequence and choreo in general.

Gabriella Izzo: Wearing black training clothes, 2A, 1Lz popped, 3F, 1Lz popped, music has voice overs, lots of pausing and then skating (gaps in the program), 3F, 3Lo, 2A tape on her arm looking to be hurt maybe, skipping spins.

Starr: Blue dress, criss cross strapping at the back, 3F+2A, 3F, 2A, 3T hand down, music je suis malade Laura Fabian, 3Lo, 3S step out hand down, 3Lo+2T+2T, not a lot of presentation/facial expressions, choreo matches the music,looks tired.

Amber: Wearing her dress from 2020 nationals I think, 2A, 3F+3T, 3S, 3Lo+2T, pausing, holding her shoulder, 2Lz popped+2T+1A popped, 3Lo, 3F, really phoning in the spins, holding her elbow immediately after, definitely looks hurt.

Bradie: Wearing old dress from 2020 nationals, 3Lz maybe under +2T, 3S or 3Lo, 3S, 2A, Anna's sp music with voice overs or vivaldi 4 seasons, long pause, good combo spin at the end.

Isabeau: 3Lz+3Lo small no flow, 3S, 2A, 3F, 3F+3T, 2A, 3Lz+2T+2Lo stumble, skates through the music sometimes, wow spins.

Audrey: Wearing a plainish red dress with a detail at the hip, I believe it may be an old dress, 3Lz maybe under, 3T+3T, 3S, 2A, 3Lz+3T, wow ina bauer, 1F popped, 3Lo.

Lindsay: 3Lz hand down fall, 3S, 2A, 2A foot touched into sit spin, successful cartwheel, 3Fe+2T 3Lz+2T+2Lo (did 3Lz+3Lo in warmup), 3Fe, this program is almost ethereal-like live, nice spins, isabeau next, jumps dont have distance live, look more under in person.
Thank you for the report! :thank:

Which program did you like the best?

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
Oh Gracie's by a mile she looked so elegant, very fit and in shape live, jumps like butter.
Interesting to hear…judging by who skated, it would seems Gabby, Starr and Gracie are up for the Skate America TBD (everyone else that you mentioned has 2 GPs). Of those 3, who would you have guessed had the better score? I realize it’s hard to guess, and we know nothing about the shorts but since we’ve gotten so little from Champs Camp this is a wonderful surprise!

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Ilia

Gracie

The pictures aren't showing up for me but it might work if you use Imgur instead?