2022-23 US Pairs Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's a sneak peek at Danny and Ellie's East of Eden.

Danny O'Shea is a glorious pairs skater. Time is a friend to no man... I hope like heck that it isn't too late.

This looks really memorable.

Chants “it’s not too late.”

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Number Three: Who the heck choreographed?:love2: I want to know. The music, where it sounds like the end but then repeats the last musical phrase, builds and builds and thus creates the opportunity for the emotion of the skating (and the viewing) to build and build. Every last element and movement benefits. Glorious! :geek:
Drew Meekins did, just like their programs last season ☺️

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I keep telling y’all. They are SO GOOD!!!!
I know you do. I just had to come to it in my own time. :) I liked Ellie and Danny at their very first competition, then the brakes had to come on. I think it helps now that I see that Chelsea's having a chance to skate with a lovely new partner, Balazs Nagy. that's pretty amazing in itself, considering how hard it can be for women to find a partner.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Drew Meekins did, just like their programs last season ☺️
thank you! I knew I liked him. I was half wondering if Natalia Mishkutenok had a hand in it. Something about the power, control and a bit of wild abandonment in the East of Eden clip reminded me of Natalia's skates with Artur Dmetriev.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
None of it matters if they don’t get tripe throws
"Tripe is a type of edible lining from the stomachs of various farm animals. Most tripe is from cattle, pigs and sheep. Wikipedia"

:dbana::laugh2:

But seriously, you're right, and I was thinking about the triple throws too. It reminds me of what Ashley Cain said; she'd never done triple twist when she and Timothy teamed up, and it took her a few months, because, she said, she didn't know what it was supposed to feel like in the air. Then they got it, just a few days before competing at their first Golden Spin in Zagreb. Someone else used the same phrase when saying how helpful it was to have a female pairs coach on the team ... Amanda Evora. She'd tell them how something was supposed to feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.