2022-23 US Pairs Figure Skating | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2022-23 US Pairs Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
@moonvine, Plazas/ Fernandez have posted to their Instagram a group pic from the pairs camp. It's a large group pic of most (if not all) of the participants. Altho' it's not a close-up pic, it's still possible to notice Katie McBeath in the second row up from the bottom (left side). Daniil Parkman is standing in the back row on the same left side. (It's the left when looking at the pic).

Danny O'Shea is standing at the back, far left, next to Ryan Bedard and Timmy Chapman. Danny has his right arm around Keyton Bearinger (at the left of the picture). Ellie Kam is kneeling in the first row, between Max and Valentina.

Swipe to the left to see group pic:

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@moonvine, Plazas/ Fernandez have posted to their Instagra ba group pic from the pairs camp. It's a large group pic of most of the participants. Altho' it's not a close-up pic, it's still possible to notice Katie McBeath in the second row up from the bottom (left side). Daniil Parkman is standing in the back row on the same left side. (It's the left when looking at the pic).

Danny O'Shea is standing at the back, far left, next to Ryan Bedard and Timmy Chapman. Danny has his right arm around Keyton Bearinger (at the left of the picture). Ellie Kam is kneeling in the first row, between Max and Valentina.

Swipe to the left to see group pic:
Yay! My man Danny and my new man Timmy! Thank you.:thank:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not good with technology though. Could I have somehow saved the image? If so, how do you do that on an Instagram story photo?
I thought you had done it yesterday. But I guess I was wrong. I used to be good with technology. I spent 8.5 years working on a computer help desk. But technology has far outpaced my knowledge (software and hardware). I happened upon a great IG live with Nam and Keegan last year, but apparently I was just lucky and you can't see those later either. I guess that's why they call them "lives" and not "recordings."

I do get the point of stories from the company's POV. They want people on their phones constantly checking so they can see the stories. I don't get the point of them from the users POV. I never use them.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thierry Ferland of Canada has been working with Gabby Izzo in Colorado @wasapairs:

Here's a bonus reel from @wasapairs, for @moonvine: 🤗

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thierry Ferland of Canada has been working with Gabby Izzo in Colorado @wasapairs:

Here's a bonus reel from @wasapairs, for @moonvine: 🤗

Thank you! THEY ARE SO GOOD Y'ALL!!!!!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The world of US pairs is so crazy....first we lose our 2nd, 3rd and 4th ranked pair...now we have all these new pairs cropping up everywhere..it will certainly be interesting.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thanks for the link to the original screen shot of WASA pairs' post about Gabbie & Thierry. The original post did not mention which country they will represent. Thus, there's been speculation about their chosen affiliation.

I naturally assumed I/F would be skating for the U.S. There hasn't been many instances of a Canadian pairing with a U.S. pairs girl, training in the U.S., but representing Canada. I guess there's always the possibility though. It's not as unusual in ice dance for international teams to train in the U.S., but it happens more in Canada. In singles, it has also happened more often for skaters repping other countries to train here in the U.S., or in Canada.

The Crafoord twins grew up in, trained and skated for the U.S., of course, prior to repping Sweden. James/ Cipres famously trained in Florida, which helped advance their career over their final three seasons.

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Alexa Knierim & Brandon Frazier appeared with Vincent Zhou on the Today Show earlier this morning. There's a clip available on the Today Show website.

The three were there to discuss with host, Hoda Kotb, the ongoing delay in receiving their Olympic team medals. Vincent tweeted a statement on his Twitter account after their appearance, explaining their stance and advocacy for clean sport, while also emphasizing their desire to receive their medals asap. In the meanwhile, TeamUSA medalists have given their empty medal boxes to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum, for an exhibit:

Hoda Kotb offered the athletes to come back for a medal ceremony on the mall outside NBC Studios, when they finally receive their medals. It's too bad that endorsements for these athletes have been affected by not yet receiving their medals.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's a sneak peek at Danny and Ellie's East of Eden.

Danny O'Shea is a glorious pairs skater. Time is a friend to no man... I hope like heck that it isn't too late.

This looks really memorable.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm thrilled about this excerpt and this program. Number One: Ellie is skating as big as Danny. I always have thought he means to include all the viewers, invite them onto the ice and into their hearts. With this clip, she communicates the same. :rock:

Number Two: I love how Ellie and Danny are making what (if I'm not mistaken) is a step sequence so significant -- giving it emotional power and raising the excitement of the program. Glorious! Shades of Ashley and Tim, who in the last several years showed that their unison, beautiful lines and harmony of hearts were classically important, though such qualities had been de-emphasized in recent years.

Number Three: Who the heck choreographed?:love2: I want to know. The music, where it sounds like the end but then repeats the last musical phrase, builds and builds and thus creates the opportunity for the emotion of the skating (and the viewing) to build and build. Every last element and movement benefits. Glorious! :geek:

Number Four: I agree with S. Bezic and colleague, who said at Pro comp. 1998 that "East of Eden" is the best skating music. Ever. I now feel it's tied with "White Crow."

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm thrilled about this excerpt and this program. Number One: Ellie is skating as big as Danny. I always have thought he means to include all the viewers, invite them onto the ice and into their hearts. With this clip, she communicates the same. :rock:

Number Two: I love how Ellie and Danny are making what (if I'm not mistaken) is a step sequence so significant -- giving it emotional power and raising the excitement of the program. Glorious! Shades of Ashley and Tim, who in the last several years showed that their unison, beautiful lines and harmony of hearts were classically important, though such qualities had been de-emphasized in recent years.

Number Three: Who the heck choreographed?:love2: I want to know. The music, where it sounds like the end but then repeats the last musical phrase, builds and builds and thus creates the opportunity for the emotion of the skating (and the viewing) to build and build. Every last element and movement benefits. Glorious! :geek:

Number Four: I agree with S. Bezic and colleague, who said at Pro comp. 1998 that "East of Eden" is the best skating music. Ever. I now feel it's tied with "White Crow."
I keep telling y’all. They are SO GOOD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.