2022-23 US Pairs Figure Skating | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2022-23 US Pairs Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yes, but there is a mandatory retirement age for that if I understand corrrectly.

He turns 65 in a few months. But he sure put in a lot of work at this year’s Worlds; was either the data operator or replay operator for every skater.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He turns 65 in a few months. But he sure put in a lot of work at this year’s Worlds; was either the data operator or replay operator for every skater.
Is 65 mandatory retirement age?

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
U.S. figure skating news: Kyoko Ina was named new Director of High Performance. Mitch Moyer previously held that position.

The Q&A article is more of a fluff p.r. exercise than anything substantive or in-depth about Ina's plans and ideas. She has previously worked for U.S. figure skating as high performance pairs coordinator.

The 2023 U.S. figure skating pairs camp takes place today, in Westminster, Colorado.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I just noticed this on Instagram. At first, I thought they were practicing for a show performance. But the caption states that Blake Eisenach is partnering with Haley Scott to compete in seniors pairs this season!(I'm not that familiar with Haley, tho' I've probably heard her name before as a singles competitor). Blake was formerly paired with Megan Wessenberg at Irvine. After their split, Blake was touring in shows for awhile. I'm not certain where Blake & Haley are skating. It may be Ellenton, FL.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Okay guys, the Katie McBeath/ Daniil Parkman partnership is confirmed by photo evidence. They are in a lovely pairs group photo, with the guys holding up the ladies. The photo appears in an Instagram story posted six hours ago by Jenni Meno Sand, on the teamtoddandjenni Instagram account.

So the McBeath/ Parkman pairing is a reality. It just hasn't been publicly announced yet. Apparently, Nate will be coaching full time at the Irvine rink. I would imagine that Katie is still in an off-ice relationship with Nate. Katie looks very happy in the photo. I hope we get to see clips of this new pair team skating together soon. 👍

I'd also love to hear details about Parkman's decision to come to the U.S. for tryouts. I also posted this confirmation info in the new partnerships thread.

The teams included in the photo, from right to left:

Kam/O'Shea; McBeath/ Parkman; third team is possibly, Fitzpatrick/ Bearinger; Korytek/Chapman; and Plazas/ Fernandez

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
third team is possibly, Fitzpatrick/ Bearinger;
The third team in the Instagram stories photo apparently are not Linzy Fitzpatrick/ Keyton Bearinger. I didn't think the guy looked like too much like Keyton. The third couple may be fitness athletes, not skaters. The female has been identified as a top cheerleader coach and choreographer. The guy holding her has a fairly muscled upper body. Maybe he's a colleague of hers, and they worked with the skaters on off-ice fitness routines.

The other skaters previously named in the photo are accurate. But the photo (posted on Jenni's Instagram stories), can no longer be accessed. However, there's an edge class photo at Irvine rink posted on Jenni's main Instagram page. I had seen this photo previously, but many of the skaters' backs are turned away from the camera. I had noticed Nate B, and I thought it was Katie by his side. Now I see that it's Megan Wessenberg with Nate. They appear to be skating off to work together, so Nate is probably helping Megan train while she continues searching for a partner.

Meanwhile, after seeing the deleted photo taken at pairs camp, I can now detect that Katie McBeath is standing in the center of the edge class photo at Irvine, wearing maroon tights. Standing to the side and slightly in front of Katie, is Daniil Parkman, with his back to the camera. Coach Christine Binder is also visible, as are Ellie Korytek & Timmy Chapman (they are facing toward the camera). The rest of the skaters are facing away from the camera, thus difficult to ID.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The interview with Chris K. was very interesting; he is quite intentional about forming a pairs program. A few points:

1, He had to convince Alexa that he supported her desire to find another partner. She said that she would not have wanted Chris to skate with another partner. :biggrin:

2. Rohene is choreographing for Andy Deng and Adele Zheng (I think I heard that right). Timothy LeDuc does much of the choreo for the other pairs.

3. They tried to find a partner closer in age to Michael Chapa, but were unsuccessful. Chris had some insights based on his own experience skating with a 12 year old when he was 18.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The third team in the Instagram stories photo apparently are not Linzy Fitzpatrick/ Keyton Bearinger. I didn't think the guy looked like too much like Keyton. The third couple may be fitness athletes, not skaters. The female has been identified as a top cheerleader coach and choreographer. The guy holding her has a fairly muscled upper body. Maybe he's a colleague of hers, and they worked with the skaters on off-ice fitness routines.

The other skaters previously named in the photo are accurate. But the photo (posted on Jenni's Instagram stories), can no longer be accessed. However, there's an edge class photo at Irvine rink posted on Jenni's main Instagram page. I had seen this photo previously, but many of the skaters' backs are turned away from the camera. I had noticed Nate B, and I thought it was Katie by his side. Now I see that it's Megan Wessenberg with Nate. They appear to be skating off to work together, so Nate is probably helping Megan train while she continues searching for a partner.

Meanwhile, after seeing the deleted photo taken at pairs camp, I can now detect that Katie McBeath is standing in the center of the edge class photo at Irvine, wearing maroon tights. Standing to the side and slightly in front of Katie, is Daniil Parkman, with his back to the camera. Coach Christine Binder is also visible, as are Ellie Korytek & Timmy Chapman (they are facing toward the camera). The rest of the skaters are facing away from the camera, thus difficult to ID.

Oh boy. Another few months of analyzing edge class pictures.🤣🤣🤣 Remember how long it took last year to see if Danny O'Shea was even continuing? I sure do. Poor Megan. I so hope she finds a partner.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Oh boy. Another few months of analyzing edge class pictures.🤣🤣🤣 Remember how long it took last year to see if Danny O'Shea was even continuing? I sure do. Poor Megan. I so hope she finds a partner.
I get what you're saying. In the age of social media, it seems that skaters prefer working quietly and not making announcements until they're ready to do so.

However, I think the group photo with Parkman holding Katie in a lift, with the other pairs I mentioned in post #327, is fair confirmation that McBeath/ Parkman are at the very least, training together. They are obviously taking their time before sealing a partnership deal, and making a public announcement. Katie has also been liking Parkman's recent posts on Instagram, which I doubt she was doing prior to his move to Irvine.

Obviously, the group photo in question with Parkman definitely holding Katie in a lift, is no longer available because it was an Instagram stories photo posted by Jenni Meno. Therefore, you probably didn't see it. Those of us who have seen the photo are not imagining things. 😉

As I said earlier, having seen the group photo posted by Jenni, I then recognized Parkman and Katie in the edge class photo, which was taken prior to their attendance at the pairs camp in Colorado.

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Poor Megan. I so hope she finds a partner.
I too feel for Megan, and for Gabby Izzo. As Chris Knierim commented on in the recent interview, there's always been a dearth of males available to partner with vs the number of females looking for partners. Both Chris and Alexa (in her interview with Polina), are on point about the need for more to be done to encourage boys to get involved in the sport of fs.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I get what you're saying. In the age of social media, it seems that skaters prefer working quietly and not making announcements until they're ready to do so.

However, I think the group photo with Parkman holding Katie in a lift, with the other pairs I mentioned in post #327, is fair confirmation that McBeath/ Parkman are at the very least, training together. They are obviously taking their time before sealing a partnership deal, and making a public announcement. Katie has also been liking Parkman's recent posts on Instagram, which I doubt she was doing prior to his move to Irvine.

Obviously, the group photo in question with Parkman definitely holding Katie in a lift, is no longer available because it was an Instagram stories photo posted by Jenni Meno. Therefore, you probably didn't see it. Those of us who have seen the photo are not imagining things. 😉

As I said earlier, having seen the group photo posted by Jenni, I then recognized Parkman and Katie in the edge class photo, which was taken prior to their attendance at the pairs camp in Colorado.
I didn't mean we should not do it or that I disbelieve you (also I hate Instagram stories). I just want to know NOW. Also I hate the off season. In case you didn't notice. I'm going to go watch more Gracie videos now.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I too feel for Megan, and for Gabby Izzo. As Chris Knierim commented on in the recent interview, there's always been a dearth of males available to partner with vs the number of females looking for partners. Both Chris and Alexa (in her interview with Polina), are on point about the need for more to be done to encourage boys to get involved in the sport of fs.
Gabby Izzo is such a strong singles skater. That was a dangerous move for her without having a partner lined up (in my opinion). I wish Megan and Gabby much luck with whatever pairs partners they may find.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Gabby Izzo is such a strong singles skater. That was a dangerous move for her without having a partner lined up (in my opinion). I wish Megan and Gabby much luck with whatever pairs partners they may find.
I get what you mean. But in general, there's few rewards without risk-taking. In fs, there are no guarantees anyway. You can be riding high with confidence one day, and knocked down the next. This is especially true for pairs and ice dance where two people are involved who need to get along, communicate well, and be on the same page. Even then, things happen for one reason or another. For e.g., two people do not tend to handle adversity in the same way.

In Gabby's case, from what I've heard about her, she's a fearless fighter. In singles, she probably felt that she'd come to the end of where she could go in terms of skills and luck needed to rise further. Perhaps she's been inspired by her boyfriend, Spence Howe, and his successes in pairs. She also has insider knowledge of the hard work and sacrifice Spence has put in to get where he is today with Emily Chan.

Finding a partner is very difficult, but Gabby surely knew if she was going to make the switch, she needed to jump in wholeheartedly, and immediately. Time does not wait.

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Psst, if you are here early, there's still time to click on Jenni's profile for her latest Instagram stories photo of the Great Park pairs participants who attended the camp in Westminster, CO. We see another nice skaters tableau, which includes Parkman standing behind McBeath with his hand on her shoulder. 👍

We're coming up on 19 to 20 hours that the photo has been posted, so there's about 4 hours remaining from now before it disappears. I understand you not liking Instagram stories @moonvine. They disappear too soon.

Last edited:

momrk

Medalist
Country
United-States
Does anyone have access to a video of Alexa and Brandon's long program at 2022 Worlds? It used to be easy to find online, but it disappeared a few months ago, and though I keep looking, I haven't been able to find.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For anyone who has a soft spot for Chris Kneirim (Me! :)) ... I recommend you listen to the podcast. The whole interview is about mostly small details etc. ... but he sounds so happy, and he says more than once that he's found "a passion for coaching." The first time, he said it was far beyond what he'd expected to find in himself. After what all he went through the last couple of years of competing, it does my heart good. ❤️

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Psst, if you are here early, there's still time to click on Jenni's profile for her latest Instagram stories photo of the Great Park pairs participants who attended the camp in Westminster, CO. We see another nice skaters tableau, which includes Parkman standing behind McBeath with his hand on her shoulder. 👍

We're coming up on 19 to 20 hours that the photo has been posted, so there's about 4 hours remaining from now before it disappears. I understand you not liking Instagram stories @moonvine. They disappear too soon.
I was not here early. Did you save it? I almost don't get the point of the dang things.....

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Status
Not open for further replies.