2022 Finlandia Trophy Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2022 Finlandia Trophy Free Dance

Andrea82

Medalist
Protocol

3 judges out of 9 asked for Music requirements violation for Taschlers. Didn't reach the majority but it is quite risky.
Judge 2 (Prins) demolished them in PCS (5.5 for Composition and 6.75 for Presentation)

Edit
Judges order is the same as yesterday

Judge No.1Ms. Laimute KRAUZIENE
LTU.GIF
LTU
Judge No.2Mr. Jeroen PRINS
NED.GIF
NED
Judge No.3Mr. Miroslav MISUREC
CZE.GIF
CZE
Judge No.4Mr. Leo LENKOLA
FIN.GIF
FIN
Judge No.5Mr. John MILLIER
USA.GIF
USA
Judge No.6Ms. Emili ARM
EST.GIF
EST
Judge No.7Ms. Patty KLEIN
CAN.GIF
CAN
Judge No.8Mr. Yuriy GUSKOV
KAZ.GIF
KAZ

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Now that we are starting to see the Montreal teams’ programs, I find myself really, really curious to see what Chock & Bates have. Will they, too, be returning to well-trodden ground? Stay tuned!

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Now that we are starting to see the Montreal teams’ programs, I find myself really, really curious to see what Chock & Bates have. Will they, too, be returning to well-trodden ground? Stay tuned!
I quite liked their Imagine program and it would be nice to see them go back to classical lyrical. But they changed coaches and it's all been quite modern since.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone ever had the idea to use Rhapsody in Blue as a love story between a flight attendant and pilot, dressed in United Airlines uniforms? Because I think it's such a bad idea, it would be amazing to watch. In fact, this is kind of my head canon for G/P's FD...
I have a theory that the airline company has sponsorship money for any skater who uses their theme song, provided they only have a blue costume.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's too conventional for these two. Last season's free dance was phenomenal, this one blends into the background.
I'd like to see them do a John Denver Medley - Thank God I'm a Country Boy!

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What is on the back of Kaitlyn's right knee - a white piece of tape?
Also why are all her dresses so high-waisted?
I thought the correct cut for her was on the Saturday Night Fever dress.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I can hear Kate Bush in the background - has anyone skated to her music - if not, they should.
Astonishingly this amazing performance didn't win, but it moved me to tears. Kate Bush's "A Woman's Work" with The Handmaid's Tale. Stunning.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well well... i watched HB and FBS.

I am not planning to read all 5 pages of comments... so maybe some of the things I will share have been said... or not... or disagree completely with the public opinion.

HB ; I really enjoyed their FD... probably just as much as I disliked their RD. I think this will serve them well.... I thought it was a bit static at times, and considering their usual speed and ice coverage, it was surprising. I would love to see this live at the rink.

FBS : I feel these two got themselves two very nice programs in opposition to last year. I loved the music. I loved how it built up. Lifts were amazing. Lots of control. This FD is catering to their strengths and they great presence on ice. It looked very polished for a team that hasn't competed in the summer events.

Are these dances crazy original? Nope... but that's okay... as long as they are beautifully done.. i am fine with this... I am looking forward to seeing Piper and Paul... i don't think they have been assigned any challengers....(have they?)

Also, I was sleeping :) yay! So I didn't catch the others... I will try to see them later on the rewatch thread which is the best thing ever on this site this weekend ;) Thanks @labgoat

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
well well... i watched HB and FBS.

I am not planning to read all 5 pages of comments... so maybe some of the things I will share have been said... or not... or disagree completely with the public opinion.

HB ; I really enjoyed their FD... probably just as much as I disliked their RD. I think this will serve them well.... I thought it was a bit static at times, and considering their usual speed and ice coverage, it was surprising. I would love to see this live at the rink.

FBS : I feel these two got themselves two very nice programs in opposition to last year. I loved the music. I loved how it built up. Lifts were amazing. Lots of control. This FD is catering to their strengths and they great presence on ice. It looked very polished for a team that hasn't competed in the summer events.

Are these dances crazy original? Nope... but that's okay... as long as they are beautifully done.. i am fine with this... I am looking forward to seeing Piper and Paul... i don't think they have been assigned any challengers....(have they?)

Also, I was sleeping :) yay! So I didn't catch the others... I will try to see them later on the rewatch thread which is the best thing ever on this site this weekend ;) Thanks @labgoat
Thanks, but the midnight gal has been up 23 hours and there are very few videos to add right now, so I'll be hugging my pillow until later. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Thanks, but the midnight gal has been up 23 hours and there are very few videos to add right now, so I'll be hugging my pillow until later. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you!
sleep is a must !!! that's why your thread is important to me ! But then, you need to sleep too :)

snd

On the Ice
HB - lovely FD, although inferior to their brilliant Chopin. i'm hoping for better results for them than a challenger silver

TT - i think they are great but the voiceover in their FD is awful. just awful. also they were slow and plodding in the 2nd half of the program. they should get better programs and work on their stamina

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Astonishingly this amazing performance didn't win, but it moved me to tears. Kate Bush's "A Woman's Work" with The Handmaid's Tale. Stunning.

Thank you for sharing this - wow - it's stunning - just beautiful interpretation.

MorganaPendragon

Spectator
Country
Canada
Just getting caught up - I love the rivalry that we're seeing between H/B and FB/S! But I'm also conflicted about it. Canadian bias says I should love FB/S more, but I've always had a soft spot for H/B ever since they won Junior Worlds.