2022 JGP Courchevel Rhythm Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2022 JGP Courchevel Rhythm Dance

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I LOVED THAT PROGRAMME!!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Have they been inspired by my Cypriot kids from last season?

Not too sure about the costumes, though. Granted, they suited the first piece of music. But, they didn't suit the rest.

ALISA!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

8th. Have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed with that. I thought they deserved a higher position than that. But, when you look at their score, they are within 5 points of 5th position. So, there is certainly potential to move up.

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
I'm loving Mark's sound effects :D "Eyeyeyeyeyeee...."

Really liked Pham/Rogers, Lim/Quan, Fradji/Forneaux, Koch/Melnyk, Ben Khelifa/Zhu and the Swiss skeletons O'Brien/Wiederkehr (so, more than 50% of this rather small field...). A mix of classic well-done tangos and some enjoyably weird ones :)

Have to say I'm not very keen on the Frankensteining of the Argentine Tango i.e. cutting up and/or swapping the halves around. The hard bit is doing everything in one go with the twizzle lying in wait to ambush you after your thighs are burning from all those edge changes (Ben Khelifa/Zhu had a nice classic pattern, unfortunately they got 3 keypoints in the first half and none in the 2nd, which I guess shows why the other teams copped out of doing full patterns...)
I am also on the fence about some of the +SPANISH music combos - it really depends on the piece being used, but Spain is a long distance from Argentina...

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Okay, starting dance. I am going to try to endure MH’s commentary to learn about it. I was surprised there is still a big section of goose-stepping. I hoped it would have been livelier with tango rhythm. But it was just first couple, so…

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
gosh, MH is hard on the ears, it’s like he is doing baby-talk non-stop. I dunno, I think the music is nice, but I still end up getting distracted while waiting for twizzles and lift. Therefore I liked one couple, Korean, I think who had nice twizzles at the start. I also like when there is a bit of choreo at the start like Swiss duo in the end. Those two were my favs.

Gosh, not sure if I should catch up on women free now or leave it till tomorrow.