2022 JGP Riga Cup Women's Free Skate | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2022 JGP Riga Cup Women's Free Skate

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I don't bother often to predict juniors - ok, I won eyof predictions last season, but it was after there had been already several competitions. They are always new faces and skaters do develop or have puberty problems. Too difficult - I could always guess and take risks, but I am too lazy,

See you tomorrow, I probably will miss the first men because of volunteering, but try to be in time for the couple of last groups.

icetug

Medalist
Btw, why all the JGP competitions are in Europe? Have they ever been outside of Europe? Is there nobody who would like to organize them?
Brisbane in Australia has been already mentioned, where JGP was organized twice, in 2011 (Jason Brown took gold) and in 2017 (Sasha Trusova's international debiut, and her first gold of course :))
Mexico City decided to organize the JGP as well, six times, last one in 2013 (Nathan Chen, Polina Edmunds and Hawayek/Baker won the event).

Full list of non-European JGP includes: Armenia (JGP in 2018), Canada (4 JGP, last one in 2018, and 2 GP finals), China (5 JGP, one JGPF in 2010), Chinese Taipei in 2006, Japan (7 times, last time in 2016, plus 3 finals), South Africa in 2008, and US (7 JGP, last one in 2019).
There was usually at least one non-European JGP event in pre-pandemic times...