2022 MK John Wilson Trophy Free Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2022 MK John Wilson Trophy Free Dance

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
haha yes Mafia is everywhere :biggrin:
well organized crime never needed us to thrive, each country has its own. now, as strange as it may sound and you all know i take very few things seriously, but unluckily this is one of them. i'm not getting offended or outraged, because i don't have it in me, but other people might. this is very stereotypical and offensive

yesterday

Record Breaker
well organized crime never needed us to thrive, each country has its own. now, as strange as it may sound and you all know i take very few things seriously, but unluckily this is one of them. i'm not getting offended or outraged, because i don't have it in me, but other people might. this is very stereotypical and offensive
okay nP :ghug:

rain

Record Breaker
I'll go against the grain and admit that Guinard/Fabri continue to do absolutely less than nothing for me. This program is just as forgettable and pedestrian as all of their other work, IMO. I remember nothing about it five minutes after they're done, except for that first piece of music, which is something of an earworm.

I wish I loved this like their fans do, but I just find them so boring. Total refrigerator break. The choreography leaves no impression, and their performance just leaves me completely unmoved. They do not naturally reach out and grab the audience so they need choreography that makes them stand out in the crowd. For me, this is yet another miss in that department. I've tried to figure out why I find the performance so lacking, since Charlene is not blank-faced, she is trying to emote throughout, and some of the individual elements are good. I think maybe it's because if you watch this you see that they barely interact. It's like watching two people do a program separately, together, if that makes sense. They hardly look at each other through this and it's supposed to be some kind of dark love story/seduction right? At least that's the explanation I've read, because, again, I certainly don't get that from the performance. The performance is just kinda them doing some choreography to some music.

I wouldn't bother to comment on this, since they're so popular on this board and I'm normally happy to leave their fans to enjoy their success, however with this score they are clearly in the conversation for world medals this season, so it puts them in a different bracket. In that sense I found this no more interesting than Chock/Bates's forgettable FD, except the music was more palatable than whatever whale sounds Chock/Bates were using at Skate America.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I'll go against the grain and admit that Guinard/Fabri continue to do absolutely less than nothing for me. This program is just as forgettable and pedestrian as all of their other work, IMO. I remember nothing about it five minutes after they're done, except for that first piece of music, which is something of an earworm.

I wish I loved this like their fans do, but I just find them so boring. Total refrigerator break. The choreography leaves no impression, and their performance just leaves me completely unmoved. They do not naturally reach out and grab the audience so they need choreography that makes them stand out in the crowd. For me, this is yet another miss in that department. I've tried to figure out why I find the performance so lacking, since Charlene is not blank-faced, she is trying to emote throughout, and some of the individual elements are good. I think maybe it's because if you watch this you see that they barely interact. It's like watching two people do a program separately, together, if that makes sense. They hardly look at each other through this and it's supposed to be some kind of dark love story/seduction right? At least that's the explanation I've read, because, again, I certainly don't get that from the performance. The performance is just kinda them doing some choreography to some music.

I wouldn't bother to comment on this, since they're so popular on this board and I'm normally happy to leave their fans to enjoy their success, however with this score they are clearly in the conversation for world medals this season, so it puts them in a different bracket. In that sense I found this no more interesting than Chock/Bates's forgettable FD, except the music was more palatable than whatever whale sounds Chock/Bates were using at Skate America.
I really don’t think Guignard & Fabbri are all that popular here! I often feel like I am the only one here who enjoys them, actually.

Gilles & Poirier on the other hand—super popular here, to the extent that I always hesitate to say anything on this board.

Likewise, Hawayek & Baker, who check many of the same boxes as Gilles & Poirier do.

Last edited:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I guess I like a lot of ID couples...
As it should be!

And even when you like a particular team generally, they can have a dud of a program, so there’s that. Every team that has been around for a while has had at least one misfire (thinking of Virtue & Moir, with Funny Face)

Chantilly

On the Ice
I agree that G/F don’t seem to connect to each other that well on the ice or the audience.
They don’t draw me in.
But this outing was definitely better than their last competition in terms of execution of the program.
They are very technically strong but they lack in the PCS department for me .
But I think they’ll likely take the gold this year because they are more technically sound then most of all the other expected top teams. Even though I prefer pretty much all the other top five ID teams. And having said that I think they do deserve high GOE’s on their elements.
But I do find them un-engaging and always have.
It’s strange.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
hmmm, I find it endearing that it's obvious that Marco loves her so much.

I do think that they will be supreme this year, over Piper and Paul. That leaves Chock and Bates to battle with P/P for silver.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I really don’t think Guignard & Fabbri are all that popular here! I often feel like I am the only one here who enjoys them, actually.

Gilles & Poirier on the other hand—super popular here, to the extent that I always hesitate to say anything on this board.

Likewise, Hawayek & Baker, who check many of the same boxes as Gilles & Poirier do.
I think G/F are slowly gaining fans and I'm glad they're getting the recognition they deserve!
C/B and G/P may have a larger fan base, but they unfortunately seem to come in for a lot more nastiness/hateful comments too (outside of this forum; on Twitter/Reddit etc.) whereas G/F get treated with more neutrality, with the strongest criticism seeming to be that they are 'boring' (which I strongly disagree with!).