2022 MK John Wilson Trophy Pairs Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2022 MK John Wilson Trophy Pairs Free Skate

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ellie and Danny earned level 4s on everything in their SP and FS. You might want to check out the actual skates. Very high quality elements and skating.

Also, I recall Peng and Jin getting very high scores even while doing 2 salchows. I think it's about other qualities adding up. :)

Sorry this response is late.
Peng and Jin only had one element that was doubles... anyhow, I will of course look them up.. but I feel that once again, there is a lot of excitement after just one outing at a smaller competition... I tend to warm up to teams when they start having back to back to back consistent outing with strong elements. I will be happy for them and for the sport if they get there. Just giving a calmer perspective to the very bold enthusiasm read on this forum.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
not sure about the positive GOE on that throw loop for K/F.. didn't she put her hand down??? it was definitely very forward...
I thought exactly the same thing so, jinx my friend. How was that +.80 GOE, with a hand down? Are we, grading on the curve, now?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I thought exactly the same thing so, jinx my friend. How was that +.80 GOE, with a hand down? Are we, grading on the curve, now?
it is recorded as 0.64 GOE in the protocols now... so some judges lowered it a bit but none of them is below 0.... actually only one judge gave it a 0... I guess they get the benefit of the doubt.. but it's unfair. Some teams get negative GOE for less problems than that.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
it is recorded as 0.64 GOE in the protocols now... so some judges lowered it a bit but none of them is below 0.... actually only one judge gave it a 0... I guess they get the benefit of the doubt.. but it's unfair. Some teams get negative GOE for less problems than that.
Skating isn’t fair, really. Alexa and Brandon are current and reigning world champions and will get the benefit of the doubt. I love skating but I’m a realist. If we want fair sports we need to watch non judged ones, like track or swimming.