2022 NHK Trophy Pairs Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2022 NHK Trophy Pairs Free Skate

sworddance21

On the Ice
Feel free to ask us if you are interested. :)
I am interested (I think it is funny that I complained about myself being tech challenged and messed up replying to moonvine's post). I definitely want to figure out the VPN thing. I started to download the Opera one last year and got concerned about it because it is my work laptop.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh damn me, I missed this entire thing and it was on a great time for me too! Damn my scatterbrainness!

I guess I'll be able to catch the women...although I have to head off to church in the middle of it.

This is why I can't have nice things :p

Oh well at least SBS Australia is showing Grand Prix UK highlights right now...

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I am interested (I think it is funny that I complained about myself being tech challenged and messed up replying to moonvine's post). I definitely want to figure out the VPN thing. I started to download the Opera one last year and got concerned about it because it is my work laptop.
Generally paid VPNs are safer and more careful with your data than free ones, unfortunately.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
So no chances after SP and Japanese have secured their final spot.

Time for a short morning nap before women. See you there.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Now time to grab some lunch, see you for the women (where I will be having a stroke because of my girls)

auser

Record Breaker
Yes! Great grin from Ryuichi at the end of the program after that impressive lift. I love watching this uplifting team with their speedy ice coverage that they make look almost effortless even when all the elements are not completely perfect.

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
RikuRyu nails it! :clap:

They are great performer too, but I want to see them to skate to more types of music. I feel like their SP and FS are a bit too similar, but this style really works for them so I'm not blaming them for playing to their strength :biggrin:

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
What do you recommend?
I've been using ExpressVPN, but I've also heard NordVPN is good. I generally go for a six month subscription to cover the skating season; most services give the best per month deal on a year's subscription though. ExpressVPN has a free trial for the first month also.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
with no super strong team in Espoo left,

one of the two 4 place finishers at their previous events (Italians and Georgians) will most likely earn GPF spot...

Last edited:

auser

Record Breaker
Please feel free to ask any questions. As @moonvine said, if you have downloaded Windows software, that is pretty much what is entailed for setting up a VPN. Similarly, if you have downloaded apps to your phone, you can set up VPN on your phone. Please don't download VPN programs to your work computer without checking with their IT folk.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IikuRyu nails it! :clap:

They are great performer too, but I want to see them to skate to more types of music. I feel like their SP and FS are a bit too similar, but this style really works for them so I'm not blaming them for playing to their strength :biggrin:

Agreed. Absolutely love them but something with a beat that isn't pure sentimental cheese would be such a breath of fresh air.
I would love them to work with new choreographers besides Julie Marcotte. I have never loved her music choices nor find her style interesting.

auser

Record Breaker
I've been using ExpressVPN, but I've also heard NordVPN is good. I generally go for a six month subscription to cover the skating season; most services give the best per month deal on a year's subscription though. ExpressVPN has a free trial for the first month also.
I had a disconcerting experience with ExpressVPN after having difficulty getting their Windows client to work, they did remove their charge to my account though within 24 hour, so maybe my experience was a freak.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Yeah - tech challenged so I'm chicken to try to figure that out. I suppose I should.
I was compelled to install the thing and figure out how to use it earlier tonight, as I, ahem, slept through the RD last night and had to see what I missed. If I can do it, so can you. I am confident of this even though we’ve not met and I have no idea how tech-I savvy you may be :)