2022 NHK Trophy Pairs Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2022 NHK Trophy Pairs Short Program

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
On a random note, I find it interesting that Orientalbio has their big text written in alphabet here in Japan, meanwhile in all other countries they only have the big katakana scripts 😅

Also, of course they have to have Hatsune Miku dancing on ice (and on screen) 😂

Weathergal

Medalist
Didn’t only one drop out?
No unfortunately Maria Chernysova / Harley Windsor withdrew 10/6 then Jelizaveta Zukova / Martin Bidar withdrew 11/11.
(This info courtesy of Gia Sesshoumaru's entries posts. She keeps a really nice running tab of entries in many of the comp threads.)

Then Annika Hocke / Robert Kunkel withdrew 11/15 because of a positive COVID test.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Yes, there is a TES box. I'm a bit jealous, though, I think you may be getting Keiji and Satoko for singles commentary, and obviously Narumi's awesome. Ted's fine, but a touch unremarkable.
I checked the ISU stream and realized my NHK stream was way behind
I think I'm going to watch all the events live on the ISU channel and view the NHK broadcast later
Maybe because it was Narumi plus an NHK announcer the commentary, though informative was getting a bit to chatty for me
Narumi is high energy though~
Both Keiji and Satoko commentary would definitely be easier on the ears

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The more I see Spencer and Howe, the more I like them. They seemed to improve, even since Skate Canada! Like their speed. He is a ham, but a charming ham! :biggrin:

yesterday

Record Breaker
Sounds interesting. Description please?
200w.webp

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I know, someone really needs to guide them in their music choices, but they are skating to stuff they like, so what can we say?
Their music choices are consistent with what their coaching team uses for all its skaters, so I am not sure we can conclude that this is music they personally like.

I, too, wish they would use music that would express the exhilaration this team seems to feel when they skate. That would be awesome!

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Their music choices are consistent with what their coaching team uses for all its skaters, so I am not sure we can conclude that this is music they personally like.

I, too, wish they would use music that would express the exhilaration this team seems to feel when they skate. That would be awesome!
They said in an interview that one of the songs (I think it was the FS) is a personal favourite of Riku's.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I've had Peacock and its predecessors, but after being treated so poorly as a skating fan at the end of last season, I had enough of them for a while. Also I don't necessarily mind no commentary, but my preference is light-ish commentary if it's good. Mark might not be perfect (no one is), but he really fits the bill for me. And I'm OK with Ted as well. I appreciate his passion and respect for the sport.

I noticed the masks as well then they were introducing the judges.
Ted is one sharp guy and I have a nickel that says he and Mark are being "urged" to talk during the performances. I wonder if I can ask him on IG? He was so good in the JPGs.
I have developed a facial tick. Every time Ted says Kay oreee or Mark says Loutz, my right eye twitches :)
I am not happy with Peacock but when my internet cooperates, I get more of a feeling of being at an event with no talking...Then I watch Johnny and Terror after the fact. No Peacock for me in Finland....no on demand. The beatings will continue until moral improves.

Weathergal

Medalist
Ted is one sharp guy and I have a nickel that says he and Mark are being "urged" to talk during the performances. I wonder if I can ask him on IG? He was so good in the JPGs.
I have developed a facial tick. Every time Ted says Kay oreee or Mark says Loutz, my right eye twitches :)

He's actually just trying to be correct here and does a good job with it
Also I think part of what you might be hearing is Mark's Scottish accent - which I adore. He's such a lovely person. I follow him on IG, and when he first started doing his solo commentary (Worlds 2021? can't remember which comp), I left a comment on his IG when he had a post about his commentating. I said how much I enjoyed his commentary and why. He wrote a gracious comment back. Class act.