2022 NHK Trophy Pairs Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2022 NHK Trophy Pairs Short Program

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Also I think part of what you might be hearing is Mark's Scottish accent - which I adore. He's such a lovely person. I follow him on IG, and when he first started doing his solo commentary (Worlds 2021? can't remember which comp), I left a comment on his IG when he had a post about his commentating. I said how much I enjoyed his commentary and why. He wrote a gracious comment back. Class act.
My internet is up and down due to storm but funny story, I was sitting on a bench outside a hotel room and a guy indicated he wanted to sit down on the bench too. I said sure and he sat and started talking and I literally couldnt understand a word....not one word he said. He then looked at me and said he was Scottish and from that time on, I could understand every word he said....I am sure Mark is a great guy, as Ted is...

yesterday

Record Breaker
Also I think part of what you might be hearing is Mark's Scottish accent - which I adore. He's such a lovely person. I follow him on IG, and when he first started doing his solo commentary (Worlds 2021? can't remember which comp), I left a comment on his IG when he had a post about his commentating. I said how much I enjoyed his commentary and why. He wrote a gracious comment back. Class act.

No, really. Pronouncing or trying to pronounce names correctly is something that Mark ist 100 times better than Ted. He either cares more or is a natural talent. But the jumps are named after the athletes performing them first and depending on where the athlete was born, the jumps should be pronounced accordingly.

Weathergal

Medalist
No, really. Pronouncing or trying to pronounce names correctly is something that Mark ist 100 times better than Ted. He either cares more or is a natural talent. But the jumps are named after the athletes performing them first and depending on where the athlete was born, the jumps should be pronounced accordingly.
We'll have to agree to disagree - I don't think that Mark is pronouncing the Lutz incorrectly, if that's what you're saying. If not, sorry if I misunderstood you.

But the bigger point - and this is something that does bother me about Ted - is that a little more research on his part, possibly combined with some carefully jotted notes on pronunciation, would go a long way toward him saying the names properly.

yesterday

Record Breaker
We'll have to agree to disagree - I don't think that Mark is pronouncing the Lutz incorrectly, if that's what you're saying. If not, sorry if I misunderstood you.

But the bigger point - and this is something that does bother me about Ted - is that a little more research on his part, possibly combined with some carefully jotted notes on pronunciation, would go a long way toward him saying the names properly.
Oh! :drama: I was always trying to say that Mark is doing his job well and pronouncing correctly. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding 🙂

And yes.

Weathergal

Medalist
Oh! :drama: I was always trying to say that Mark is doing his job well and pronouncing correctly. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding 🙂

And yes.
Whoops! My apologies for misunderstanding. We do agree!

Also no shade intended toward Ted, but it is nice to have Mark for GP Espoo.