As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Ilia MALININ 🇺🇸
nooo I don't like this costume Ilia I trusted you 😭

4Lz (fall)
4T (fall)
CCSp (gorgeous, his spins are so much better)
3A
CCoSp
FSS

I love the program a lot, quite a bit of pointing but it seems to bringing out his inner showman and THE HEAD MOVEMENT. I'm not shocked by the jumps, he has probably grown a bit and he's also a kid. There's no way he can be consistent right away with the quads.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ilia is learning to stay with the performance, which impresses me more than any 4A.

Some days, you just don't have the jumps, and then you need the rest. Like tonight.

Bummer about the cover rather than Screamin Jay.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really don't know what to make of that.

Both of those quads looked fine, and I can't figure out why he fell on either one. They were rotated in plenty of time.

Maybe just an off night.

The good news is I like the program a ton better than I thought I would.

Ella5555

On the Ice
All I can say is it’s the beginning of the season - a lot of kinks to be worked out by all the competitors. I agree that Ilia’s program has potential - and his spins looked good. I don’t know if he was grimacing in kiss & cry due to physical discomfort or if he was just disappointed. Hoping everyone does better in the LP.

readernick

Medalist
I really don't know what to make of that.

Both of those quads looked fine, and I can't figure out why he fell on either one. They were rotated in plenty of time.

Maybe just an off night.

The good news is I like the program a ton better than I thought I would.
I actually disagree. His jumps didn't have their normal snap. So, he wasn't rotating at his normal speed and didn't have the same amount of time he usually does to prepare for landing. Hence, the falls. It's normal when dealing with growth or just having a bad day. It's early season. He's a male skater. Consistency in your first full year as a senior is not expected or frankly even to be hoped for... I'm sure he will have better days.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
The PCS marks are all over the board for the judges. Some have 2 point differences between components, others have all 3 within .25, and some judges have a 3 point difference in relation to the other judges' scores. For example, Daniel got a 5.75 from judge 1 in CO and a 8.50 from judge 3

mrrice

Record Breaker
It's nice to see that the best overall skater is leading. A Quadless Kevin leading after a great SP. I realize that the quadsters have the tech content to overtake him but, it sure is nice to see him leading. I love Illia, and hopefully he'll have a better skate in the FP.

Last edited:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
So, the rink food concession is not even open yet (they say they will have food tomorrow) and from experience, I know that in Lake Placid they roll up the sidewalks around 9 or so. So as soon as the comp ended I made a beeline for the pub across the street, hoping I could maybe get some takeout.

And as I was standing there waiting for them to pack my food, in walked Kevin Aymoz—I could’ve reached out and touched him!