2023 European Championships Women's Short Program | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2023 European Championships Women's Short Program

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Anyone know if small medals are given for top 3 in SP and FS at Europeans or is that just at Worlds?

icybear

Medalist
So I checked the protocols and there were only 3 triple triple combos with positive GOE. I thought we were in the 2000s so much that I was waiting for everyone to do mandatory spirals. Too bad they didnt

Lurker11

On the Ice
Some really great skates from young skaters I wasn't familiar with especially Repond.

Schott blew up and threw away her best chance ever for a European medal, Luna has made an almost certain gold a little more difficult for herself.

Luna going back a few months, Schott over the past few days, tried to be a little too clever with their comments they made about the Russian ladies.

Luna learning now what kind of pressure you're under when you're odds on favourite going into an event, when a gold is expected of you. It's not easy.

ChiGal

Rinkside
Peacock actually came through with this competition...who knew? Anyways, I really enjoyed watching these smaller federations get their moment in the sun. Also liked hearing Adam Rippon doing the color call. Nice change from "you know who" and didn't have to listen to him constantly talk about his skating experiences. Adam kept the focus on the competitors.

Lurker11

On the Ice
Luna needs to turn that frown upside down I think she wins this easily on Saturday. Gubanova doesn't seem to have the endurance she was struggling at the end of the SP.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I miss @NoNameFace. Best wishes wherever you are.
Thank you, really.
Unfortunately I couldn't make it this time. I'm sad as quite a few people I met in Espoo reached to me, asking if I will be at Euros. It made me smile, and maybe needed too, however silly it sounds :)
I watched Ladies SP while working and curious how FS will pan out.

Also...not sure, if this will happen in KnC/on stream, but...a part of me went to Espoo in form of four flower crowns. I used opportunity presented and I just hope rhose four will bring smiles :)

@CaroLiza_fan - I will make sure next season coach Briggs gets his own crown, mark my words!!

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Well done Anastasiia Gubanova. A beautiful skate for a well deserved first place, the judges could have been a bit more generous on PCS and pushed her over 70. Loena let the pressure get to her, she is still well positioned for Gold, but it wasn’t the performance I expected from her.

Lots of very entertaining performances, I really enjoyed Repond, Mikuthina, Pinzarrone and Kurakova. Further down the field I was impressed with Sauter & Kitromilis, nice to see Greek music feature. Brilliant to see Dasa Grm make the free at nearly 32 years of age.

Disappointed for Schott, I thought she had a chance of a medal but is out of the running now. Bar the first two jumping passes, I enjoyed the performance.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Mikutina was fun! I was so sad Josephine had that fall…. But I am here for her to have career in single ice dance.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Right so I missed the whole of the Euros because I was on a cruise and then I got distracted when I got home and forgot to check the date it was on!

Fortunately, the fine people at SBS Australia are showing highlights, so I'm seeing the ladies now. It's only highlights though, so I don't get to see everyone, guess that's what YouTube is for.

Haven't seen Livia Kaiser before but nice program and I love her dress!

Also, is this Simon commentating? Someone get the man cough drops!

They're showing Olga M though! :biggrin: Which means she was a highlight, so yay I say! And it is so because she got a Level 4 step sequence.

And hey Nastya G made it :)

But no Eva-Lotta in these highlights, boo I hope she didn't do too badly.

Leona had a rough time, but you gotta admit her music is catchy.

And we finish with Katya K :biggrin: Hmm, did Elvis every wear this shade of purple?

OMG, Josefin is here! And not included in this highlights show - judges the SBS people :p

Anywho, I'm sorry I missed it last week!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right so I missed the whole of the Euros because I was on a cruise and then I got distracted when I got home and forgot to check the date it was on!

Ah, Moose!!!! I was just thinking of you yesterday, and thinking it's been a while since you were watching with us. So I looked up your social media profiles to see if there was anything happening.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Also, is this Simon commentating? Someone get the man cough drops!

You're right that it was one of the British Eurosport guys, but I'm afraid you picked the wrong one. It was Chris Howarth. I hadn't thought of it at the time, but you're right, he did sound a bit croaky.

Don't worry, you're not the only one that is still catching up on Europeans. Although I did watch some segments LIVE, I still have to catch up on the Men and the Pairs. But, I do plan to get stuck in later this week after the Sofia Trophy finishes on Tuesday. With 4 Continents being in America, I won't be watching it LIVE anyway. So, since I will be watching delayed anyway, I may as well finish Euros first.

Unfortunately, Junior Worlds isn't a great time zone for me either. But I hope we'll be able to talk nonsense to each other during Worlds.

CaroLiza_fan