2023 Lombardia Trophy: General Info | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Lombardia Trophy: General Info

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Paying for one competition is one thing, but other competitions are also shifting toward paid live streams and I simply cannot justify spending 20 € for each Challenger or significant Senior/Junior B when I'm currently not making any money (the drawbacks of being a full-time student).

For reference, other sports have occasional paid live streams for competitions too, but the prices vary a lot. For example, there's an upcoming multicountry friendly in gymnastics, and the live stream costs 3,50 €. Granted, the whole event is only one day long, but with an equivalent price, this Challenger would be around 9 € with the three-day pass or 10,50 € if you paid for each day individually, a price that seems much more doable for many fans, including myself.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Well, let's say I could afford it if I wanted to. I don't make a lot of money, but it would be possible. I just think 20 Euro for a Challenger is greedy or there's a complete failure in finances. Of course there will be enough people around the world who will pay and that's why they can do it. But the athletes hardly get any prize money, they have to pay themselves to even take part. If the ISU is not able to organize such an event without the organizers taking so much money for a smaller competition they are doing something wrong.
I would like to see some athletes, but basically they will show the same programs in other events which are mostly covered by Eurosport. There is no current active superstar in the sport or at this event. No Hanyu, no Chen, no Russians. It's a complete niche sport where the ranks at such an event cannot be filled with paying people. In my eyes figure skating needs to get a grip on reality and come up with better ideas.
In the longer run this will steer away fans instead of getting new ones.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Well, I'm totally ready to pay for the men's field at Lombardia, I don't need Hanyu, Chen or the Russians. But I also understand people (especially full-time students) saying it's too much for them. That's why we also post the 🦜here.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Well, I'm totally ready to pay for the men's field at Lombardia, I don't need Hanyu, Chen or the Russians. But I also understand people (especially full-time students) saying it's too much for them. That's why we also post the 🦜here.
my link doesn't work anymore though :(

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
It wants to to have an account? Or make one with a European phone #?
I think it only wants an account if you are on your phone. It should work on a browser on PC without an account. I wouldn't give vk my phone number.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Well it’s on, but nothing’s happening. I want to watch the men since I really like Andrew, but I think dance is first so I’ll watch that too.

Welp, maybe not dance. Four women are warming up now.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Without watching I'm cheering for Hana, Niina and Chaeyeon among the women, an Yuma, Nikita and Arlet among the men. The Taschlers, Green/Parsons should also be fun, and it will surely be interesting to see how Hase/Volodin do.

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
I bought the stream just for today, as I don't think I'll have the time (or the sleep-less power 😅 ) to watch the next 2 days too.

Stream could be more HD, but at least it's smooth. And happy that I can chromecast it to my TV too 🙂