2023 Four Continents: Info and Pre-game Chat | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2023 Four Continents: Info and Pre-game Chat

Andrea82

Medalist
Technical panels

Men
TC: Albert Zaydman (Israel)
TS: Olga Baranova (Finland. TS for Women at Sochi Olympics) and Eugen Larasser (Germany)

Women
TC: Susan Lynch (Australia. TC for Women at 2018 Olympics and Pairs at 2010 Olympics)
TS: Evgeny Martynov (Ukraine, based in USA. TS for Women at 2018 Olympics) and Franca Bianconi (Italy, coach of Rizzo, Ghilardi/Ambrosini, etc)

Pairs:
TC: Florence Vuylsteker (France)
TS: Alexander Konig (Germany) and Simon Briggs (Great Britain. TS for Pairs at 2018 Olympics)

Ice Dance:
TC: Christine Hurth (France)
TS: Andrzej Dostatni (Poland, based in USA. TS at 2006 Olympics) and Maria Borounov (Australia)

Last edited:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Technical panels

Women
TC: Susan Lynch (Australia. TS for Women at 2018 Olympics and Pairs at 2010 Olympics)
TS: Evgeny Martynov (Ukraine, based in USA. TS for Women at 2018 Olympics) and Franca Bianconi (Italy, coach of Rizzo, Ghilardi/Ambrosini, etc)
Seeing the lack of calls for top skaters in that event, i expect no carrots soup.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Technical panels

Men
TS: Olga Baranova (Finland. TS for Women at Sochi Olympics) and Eugen Larasser (Germany)

Women
TC: Susan Lynch (Australia. TS for Women at 2018 Olympics and Pairs at 2010 Olympics)

Pairs:
TS: Alexander Konig (Germany) and Simon Briggs (Great Britain. TS for Pairs at 2018 Olympics)

Ice Dance:
TS: Andrzej Dostatni (Poland, based in USA. TS at 2006 Olympics) and Maria Borounov (Australia)
I KNEW I recognized that elegant lady who sat across from me on my flight to Colorado Springs. It was Franca Bianconi, who I have seen in the KnC with some of my favorite Italian skaters!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Do we have any GS Members on site? I would imagine that the practice sessions have begun and I'm looking forward to following this event.

Last edited:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
My flight to Colorado Springs was full of skating folk. I sat behind an ice dance judge from Canada, and I'm pretty sure Nic Soerensen was a few rows ahead of her. He was getting stuff into/out of the overhead bins and talking, and I recognized his voice.

mrrice

Record Breaker
My flight to Colorado Springs was full of skating folk. I sat behind an ice dance judge from Canada, and I'm pretty sure Nic Soerensen was a few rows ahead of her. He was getting stuff into/out of the overhead bins and talking, and I recognized his voice.
That's so cool! What a great experience. I'm a bit jealous but, I love that you got see them.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Do we have any GS Members on site? I would imagine that the practice sessions have begun and I'm looking forward to follow this event.
Yes. PaulE, me, stitch monkey and at least 2 undedcover ones. Hope yoi are all enjoying Peacock coverage. Amber landed nice 3 A as did Rinka. Programs avaiable tomorrow. No pins. Just nats pins for sale. Much of concourse is off limits. There are 8 male stalls available in bathrooms available. Just sayin'

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
So envious! Enjoy and savour the event, you lucky people!

I want to attend an event in Colorado Springs some day, mostly because I would like an opportunity to poke around in the archives at the World Figure Skating Museum & Hall of Fame.

I was looking for footage of Dick Button's triple loop yesterday, and today, look what showed up on The Skating Lesson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xvy-IO7cDo

Posting it here, because it happened at Colorado Springs, 71 years ago!

yesterday

Record Breaker
Technical panels

Men

Women
TC: Susan Lynch (Australia. TC for Women at 2018 Olympics and Pairs at 2010 Olympics)

Pairs:

Ice Dance:
That's a very European panel for 4CC?

yesterday

Record Breaker
I KNEW I recognized that elegant lady who sat across from me on my flight to Colorado Springs. It was Franca Bianconi, who I have seen in the KnC with some of my favorite Italian skaters!
(scnr)

giphy.gif

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Handing out rally towels to support Kao again :hap10:
Had some made for Shun too
Passed some out during the Men's practice today
I'll have more with me tomorrow in case anyone is interested
I'm the short Asian aunty carrying them around in a clear tote bag
Please feel free to approach me if you would like either or both :thank:
Kao 4CC rally towel.jpg
Shun 4CC rally towel.jpg
Wanted to make a big banner supporting Team Japan (and a new one for Kao too) but debated too long and ran out of time 😞
I'll do banners for Junior Wolds instead

shun-4cc-rally-towel-jpg.6364

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Handing out rally towels to support Kao again :hap10:
Had some made for Shun too
Passed some out during the Men's practice today
I'll have more with me tomorrow in case anyone is interested
I'm the short Asian aunty carrying them around in a clear tote bag
Please feel free to approach me if you would like either or both :thank:
View attachment 6367
View attachment 6368
Wanted to make a big banner supporting Team Japan (and a new one for Kao too) but debated too long and ran out of time 😞
I'll do banners for Junior Wolds instead

shun-4cc-rally-towel-jpg.6364
Your description fits half the people in the arena! LOL. I missed mens practice as I am old. PaulE and I will be in front row 106 once ladies start. I have a Japan flag to wave. Saw 3 incognito forum members today.