2023 Four Continents: Info and Pre-game Chat | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2023 Four Continents: Info and Pre-game Chat

Andrea82

Medalist
That's a very European panel for 4CC?
The ISU code of ethics have this recommendation:
1.5 When appointing the members of the Technical Panel and the Referees for ISU Senior Championships, whenever possible, there shall be no appointments of Officials from ISU Members whose Skaters can reasonably be expected to place 1 – 5 in the respective discipline. In case this is not possible, all members of the Technical Panel and the Referee for the respective discipline shall, whenever possible, be from ISU Members whose Skater(s) can reasonably be expected to place 1 – 5 in the respective discipline at the ISU Championships concerned.

So it is easier to meet the requirement by appointing lots of Europeans to 4 Continents.
Not that they strictly followed this point at Europeans (when Italy had the technical controller in Pairs and France had the referee for Men).

icewhite

Record Breaker
I hope the stream will work for me. The men will be missed by me due to the time.
My thumbs are pressed especially for Hana Yoshida and Green/Parsons!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I know some people said this isn't the greatest field but taking the half full approach we have some interesting battles.

IN ladies will Levito hold up as one of the favorites and assert herself as a world medal favourite. Just how strong is Bradie tennell's comeback and are her rotations fully rotated on the international scene. Plus we get to see the depth of the Japanese ladies and which if not both of the top Korean ladies assert themselves onto the podium?

In dance it should be a chance for Chock and BAtes to continue their momentum. There is no threat. The new Canadian champs are known to make huge mistakes as they did at the GP final but the Danadians did upset Chock and BAtes early in the season it would be great to see them to give CB a run for the title. Watch out for green and parsons to do battle with the Japanese and Takahashi and LaLa and LaLe could put a nice battle for the bronze. Some team that is quite good in this field is going to end up in 7th! My guess the Japanese or LaLe from Canada.

In men we have the defending champion Cha and I think itis time for him to do it. But I do like how strong the Japanese men are. Naumov and Ma are both capable of pidium finishes and it seems fitting Keegan woudl put it together finally here or worlds as time is ticking for him.

It is a walk away for the Japanese in pairs. They could fall twice and still win. But Chan and Howe look to have the early inside track for silver over the top Canadians. I wonder how much training Stellato and Dechamps have had and is it enough to contend with the Americans. They need to regain the momentum they had early on even though she has been very sick. My money is on the Americans

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Going to be in bed when this starts, so this is a placeholder.

Opening Ceremony starts in 5 hours from now.

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the ISU YouTube Channel (at start of Men's SP video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asGhhjiq2yI

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on Discovery+ UK:
https://www.discoveryplus.com/gb/vi...t-sport/four-continents-championships-4212806

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the Eurosport website:
https://www.eurosport.com/figure-sk..._brdeurosport-e100246814c0ch20021/video.shtml

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

yesterday

Record Breaker
The ISU code of ethics have this recommendation:
1.5 When appointing the members of the Technical Panel and the Referees for ISU Senior Championships, whenever possible, there shall be no appointments of Officials from ISU Members whose Skaters can reasonably be expected to place 1 – 5 in the respective discipline. In case this is not possible, all members of the Technical Panel and the Referee for the respective discipline shall, whenever possible, be from ISU Members whose Skater(s) can reasonably be expected to place 1 – 5 in the respective discipline at the ISU Championships concerned.

So it is easier to meet the requirement by appointing lots of Europeans to 4 Continents.
Not that they strictly followed this point at Europeans (when Italy had the technical controller in Pairs and France had the referee for Men).
exactely - as it is sometimes less strict, this one here stood out to me 🙂

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So, we left about 20 minutes early for the women's short program. Very few people there; found our seats, only to find that they were ...... COVERED UP! The user person told us to "just sit in the seats next to them" but we were reluctant to do that. In fact we could have sat practically anywhere, but we wanted proper seat assignments.

We went to the box office (it has windows both outside and inside the arena) to get them straightened out, only to find that they had replaced our aisle seats by seats that were as far from an aisle as possible; getting to them would potentially involve crawling over 14 people! Twenty minutes and several phone calls from the box office to some mysterious location, we were still standing there listening to the trumpets, the judges introductions, and the skater introductions. Finally the woman thrust two paper tickets into our hands, and we arrived at our seats just before the end of the warm-up. We were moved from row D to row G, but the same aisle seats as before.

We're pretty sure they had to move some other people to create aisle seats for us. Don't know if the moved people were all-session ticket holders or individual event ones. We are prepared to send anyone who expects to sit in our seats to the box office for new seat assignments!

The good news: we saw SaraMaude skate and she did great!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
So, we left about 20 minutes early for the women's short program. Very few people there; found our seats, only to find that they were ...... COVERED UP! The user person told us to "just sit in the seats next to them" but we were reluctant to do that. In fact we could have sat practically anywhere, but we wanted proper seat assignments.

We went to the box office (it has windows both outside and inside the arena) to get them straightened out, only to find that they had replaced our aisle seats by seats that were as far from an aisle as possible; getting to them would potentially involve crawling over 14 people! Twenty minutes and several phone calls from the box office to some mysterious location, we were still standing there listening to the trumpets, the judges introductions, and the skater introductions. Finally the woman thrust two paper tickets into our hands, and we arrived at our seats just before the end of the warm-up. We were moved from row D to row G, but the same aisle seats as before.

We're pretty sure they had to move some other people to create aisle seats for us. Don't know if the moved people were all-session ticket holders or individual event ones. We are prepared to send anyone who expects to sit in our seats to the box office for new seat assignments!

Wow...you are alot nicer than I would have been.
I would have taken. A or B seats, aisle , till a lull in the action, and then gone to the box office and let them make calls and come back for my new seat assignment, which betted be equal or better than my original. Did you see they put in a big camera section across from the K and C and covered up a bunch of seats? Messed up some people. I had to throw out some women from my seats..and others I let sit in PaulEs when he wasn't there. When I see the final two groups of men and there are squatters in my seats , I am gonna be nice for about 10 seconds....they closed off so much of the arena for THEIR convenience...:(

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow...you are alot nicer than I would have been.
I would have taken. A or B seats, aisle , till a lull in the action, and then gone to the box office and let them make calls and come back for my new seat assignment, which betted be equal or better than my original. Did you see they put in a big camera section across from the K and C and covered up a bunch of seats? Messed up some people. I had to throw out some women from my seats..and others I let sit in PaulEs when he wasn't there. When I see the final two groups of men and there are squatters in my seats , I am gonna be nice for about 10 seconds....they closed off so much of the arena for THEIR convenience...:(
That would be us. We were just on the edge of the covered seats.
We don't want you here either.

I think that is us. Not many people there, but there are some. It's kind of nice, as I haven't worn a mask while watching, though I do wear it when going to the ladies room. The concourse is really crowded during the zamboini breaks because of all the skate vendor booths taking up half its width. Kelowna was like that too; it was worth your life to venture into the main concourse, and that was before COVID. I really liked Vancouver, where you could do actual laps (well, one lap at least) of the arena during the zamboni breaks.

It turns out our new seats weren't what we thought they were, as they had changed our secion as well as row. We were off to the side instead of right in the center behind the camera blind. My daughter was ready to march back to the box office to do battle again, but agreed to try out the new seats. Halfway through the men, she agreed that they were just fine, maybe better than the original.

Ambsk8s

Spectator

Same thing happened to me in section 108. I was supposed to be in B6. Fortunately, as a single seat (rather than two seats together) they were able to just move me a few seats down…same section, still row B. I bet the people in row A who lost their prime front-row seats were more than a bit cranky. I hope they were reseated appropriately and/or compensated. The man in the box office said he was really scrambling…the camera people unexpectedly removed 8 sold seats in section 108.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Your description fits half the people in the arena! LOL. I missed mens practice as I am old. PaulE and I will be in front row 106 once ladies start. I have a Japan flag to wave. Saw 3 incognito forum members today.
So true!:laugh2:
You actually walked pass my seat yesterday...during RD ice resurfacing iirc
I thought about stopping you to say "hi" but you were already on your way to meet with someone down in the front row
...also I tend to get nervous and hesitate when meeting people in person (aside from when I'm forcing a rally towel of my faves on you :biggrin::laugh:)
I'll see if I muster up enough courage to introduce myself today